What do you think of the new 2021 menus?

5 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I just realized, looking at these, that the formal night Lobster Tail / Filet Mignon etc offerings are not there for any night, just the Steakhouse selection $20 upgrades.

Or did I miss something?  Or because Formal night can be variable, it simply isn't listed?

It's on there for the 2nd formal night. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BeachHopper said:

Hopefully the removal of the port of call offering is just temporary for covid, because I thought that was a nice touch. I do like the new options with the bread, but what if I want all of them because they look so good?? hahaha

All you have to do is ask for it! As much as you want. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I like the tapenade idea. I always like Carnival's food. When they switched it up a few years ago, I was sad to see some things go. I do like this new menu and will adapt with the best of them.

I've never gone hungry on a Carnival cruise and I sure won't on my next one either!

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, relmondcrsise said:

It's on there for the 2nd formal night. 

Ah, I just realized they have it as Filet Mignon on the first elegant night (assumed Day 2), and Lobster Tail on the second elegant night (assumed Day 6).  I was looking for "both" on the same night: for some reason I thought I remembered that you could have either (or both) on at least the first elegant night.

This is fine by me.  As others have noted, I won't starve!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, relmondcrsise said:

It looks like they have removed the side options and the port selections.  And it seems like there are fewer desert options.  Still lobster on second formal night.  And I guess you won't receive bread unless you order it from the menu.  What do you think of these new menus?  I wonder if they scaled down due to covid?  All of the new dinner menus can be found here if you haven't seen them yet.

What about 4 and 5 day menus?

2 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

I'm disappointed that there is no 'Port of Call" section - I try to eat a lot of fish when cruising and it seemed like they were heavy on that selection.

Same. This was my favorite section of the menu; always could find something interesting and tasty to eat off the MDR there; I find the “basic” menu a bit bland and repetitive.

• Like 2

I suspect the main reason for the more limited and standardized menu is supply chain related.  Some of their past suppliers may no longer be in business and the pipeline of diverse ingredients that was shut down for over a year will take time to fill up and be reliable.

I am happy with the current menus, for the time being, and am optimistic they will expand  as time goes forward.

Anyone who works in business that requires multiple raw materials from multiple vendors today knows the struggles to maintain adequate supply right now.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

The menus have not changed much.  While port selections are missing, there are usually additions to the menu.  We had barramundi the other evening and hubby loved it. 

The waiter brings around a bread basket and asks what you would like.

They still have Bitter and Blanc, so I am happy!

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The menus don't line up with the cruise I'm currently on and lobster was and is on the first elegant night.

As noted on the link: "Here are the MDR menus for Carnival 7 day cruises updated for 2021. While there may be some slight variations depending on your specific ship, sailing dates, and itinerary, these will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect."

Are the ones you have basically the same but in a different order or entirely different?  What ship are you on?  Can you post the menus you have?  

• Like 1

Just now, relmondcrsise said:

As noted on the link: "Here are the MDR menus for Carnival 7 day cruises updated for 2021. While there may be some slight variations depending on your specific ship, sailing dates, and itinerary, these will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect."

Are the ones you have basically the same but in a different order or entirely different?  What ship are you on?  Can you post the menus you have?  

Horizon and I have been.

People were moaning for nearly a year and a half that they couldn't cruise and will now complain about changes/omissions on a menu that is definitely Carnival specific.

Can't make this stuff up. LOL LOL LOL!

Menus look just fine.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wish I hadn't even opened the link.  Now I'm starving and don't sail till September 😆

Love the chilled soups and even picky DH will have choices he likes every night.  Thanks for

posting--it just adds to the excitement.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, camper49 said:

What about 4 and 5 day menus?

I too am looking for those and hope someone posts as they as just starting the Breeze back up today!  I have never done a shorter cruise and have my first one booked.  Wondering what the 5 day menu looks like!

22 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Cut down on bread waste. I am cool with that.

I am with you there.  I LOVE the bread, but they always bring more to the table than we eat.  I hate that it was wasted in the past.  I will gladly order one piece off the menu and not feel like I have to eat 3 or 4 because they are there!  😄

Feedback from most of the cruise Bloggers that I have read has been pretty bad about main dining room food and wait times. Obviously there is some growing pains with things starting back up but yeah not positive. We were always content with mdr food but I think we are going to be pretty specialty restaurant heavy on our upcoming 6day on Horizon August 1st. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tap_out said:

Feedback from most of the cruise Bloggers that I have read has been pretty bad about main dining room food and wait times. Obviously there is some growing pains with things starting back up but yeah not positive. We were always content with mdr food but I think we are going to be pretty specialty restaurant heavy on our upcoming 6day on Horizon August 1st. 

Yep, the Vlogs have mentioned long wait times, the reduction in menu choices, limits on quantity of items you can order. I am not a foodie as far as I really can’t eat much but taking away sides and the port of call selections is not ideal for me and I can’t eat bread. So I already booked a special dining for one evening of my 7 day and I’m going to book a second special dining for another evening as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bdever said:

Yep, the Vlogs have mentioned long wait times, the reduction in menu choices, limits on quantity of items you can order. I am not a foodie as far as I really can’t eat much but taking away sides and the port of call selections is not ideal for me and I can’t eat bread. So I already booked a special dining for one evening of my 7 day and I’m going to book a second special dining for another evening as well.

I think we will do the two formals nights in the dinning room and spend the rest of time in the specialty restaurants.  

• Like 1