July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

1 minute ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Taken from my aft balcony in Ketchikan to show where we are docked. 

image.jpg

No rain in Ketchikan today! Beautiful scene, enjoy the walk up to Creek St. Enjoy some afternoon tea this afternoon. Always delightful and refreshing upon your return from port.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

image.jpg

A beautiful sunny day! One time, when we sailed away from Ketchikan, it was 78 degrees and the decks were crowded with everyone enjoying the sunshine.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Would be nice if they fixed the bridgecam to update every 5 minutes as it should (it's now showing a Glacier Bay image from midday yesterday - better than the image of the Magnolia Bridge in Seattle that had been showing since 7/22, but still not right). 

Edited by barrykel
  • Like 2

Any reports from Canadians on board?

Would also love to hear details about the most traveled passenger event - during these cautious times - wondering if it was a cocktail party or a luncheon? I understand the event is usually at the Captain's request of venue and style. 

• Like 2

I haven't read all 49 pages yet, so if I'm repeating a question, please forgive me.

I'll be using a scooter in Sept.  Does there seem to be any problems w/scooters & elevators?  This has always been a "traffic" issue pre-covid.  How's it going now?

Thanks so very much for all the great info in this thread!

5 minutes ago, DRS/NC said:

I haven't read all 49 pages yet, so if I'm repeating a question, please forgive me.

I'll be using a scooter in Sept.  Does there seem to be any problems w/scooters & elevators?  This has always been a "traffic" issue pre-covid.  How's it going now?

Very few scooters. I’ve only seen two.  Our Concerto restaurant manager, Mirko, loves vroom, vrooming one fun guests scooter to its parking place. Since we are at 60% there’s rarely an issue at the elevators now. You should follow up with the sailings closer to yours. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pspman92 said:

how about photographers onboard? how is going now? formal nights, gallery,restaurants photos? any clue?

I need to take my disco nap for my big evening with Jan and then chefs table tonight. Prompt this question again if I forget to answer it by mid afternoon. I spent quite some time this morning up decks talking to a couple of ship photographers 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Very few scooters. I’ve only seen two.  Our Concerto restaurant manager, Mirko, loves vroom, vrooming one fun guests scooter to its parking place. Since we are at 60% there’s rarely an issue at the elevators now. You should follow up with the sailings closer to yours. 

THANK YOU!  And for answering so quickly too.  Your creating this thread has been wonderful!

3 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I need to take my disco nap for my big evening with Jan and then chefs table tonight. Prompt this question again if I forget to answer it by mid afternoon. I spent quite some time this morning up decks talking to a couple of ship photographers 

yes please. let me know as soon as you can , no pressure.. 🙂  im curious to know how some other activities are going on, like photos taken, shops sale, Effy, etc...

3 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

The webcam in Ketchikan looks like the Majestic is docked as far away as I've ever seen - out past the tunnel.  Anyone know why when there are no other ships there today?

Is there a shuttle to the downtown area?  Wouldn't you have to walk through the tunnel to get to town?

The free shuttle is running. Yes they did stick us all the way at the end, but it does seem like there is more room down here for our large ship. It’s only about a 10-15 minute walk to the lumberjack show from the ship, along the boardwalk. It felt a lot longer on the way back, though!

Edited by ChangeOrder
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, farsight said:

I have the Princess Plus package, however I do not drink alcohol.  Has anyone ordered mocktails? Do they have a good selection? Especially, lower calorie ones. :classic_biggrin:

My husband and I have the beverage package…he only drinks Diet Coke.  But you could get a Virgin Mary..it should be low cal..most of the others have sugary syrup or ice cream

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DRS/NC said:

There are several scooters and wheelchairs, and even one service dog that I have personally seen on board using the elevators. No problems that I observed, but we also have a light crowd on this sailing and there is hardly any wait for elevators when you need them. The ramp in and out of the ship here in Ketchikan was rather steep, but there were several crew on hand to assist with just this type of thing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pspman92 said:

yes please. let me know as soon as you can , no pressure.. 🙂  im curious to know how some other activities are going on, like photos taken, shops sale, Effy, etc...

Plenty of photographers around, but none of the embark/debate set ups we are used to. We had photos up on deck to capture the glaciers too. Someone else asked - yes there were hot drink stations on deck on Glacier Day, including adult coffee additions 🙂

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

And of course the saddest part of any cruise is coming back to your cabin and finding this. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That’s the saddest part! Thank you for sharing so much!

5 hours ago, farsight said:

I have the Princess Plus package, however I do not drink alcohol.  Has anyone ordered mocktails? Do they have a good selection? Especially, lower calorie ones. :classic_biggrin:

Virgin vodka and soda-aka club soda. Most of the mocktails are super sugary

• Like 2