EZ check for bags??

Clampram

I tried looking this up for info on our upcoming December cruise and I can't find anything. This is the service where Princess takes your bags the night before disembarkation and gets them to the airport for you.

Anyone know if this service will still be provided?

TIA

2 minutes ago, Clampram said:

I tried looking this up for info on our upcoming December cruise and I can't find anything. This is the service where Princess takes your bags the night before disembarkation and gets them to the airport for you.

TIA

IIRC...it's FLL only and maybe certain airlines?

You will not get current info since no one has sailed for about 18 months.

That said, we were one of the last sailors, in March of 2020. We returned to Fort Lauderdale on March 6. Princess offered EZ check for our cruise. It was $25 per person plus the fees charged by you airline. You put your bags outside you cabin the last night. You then pick them up at baggage claim in your home airport

Check the customers service desk to be sure of this.

• Like 1

We were on the last cruise on the Caribbean Princess in March 2020 before cruising shut down.  Had to come back to port early due to potential Covid exposure to some crew.  Had signed up for EZ check but Princess cancelled it because the results of the crew test was not not received (it was negative thankfully).  EZ check works really well.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:22 AM, Clampram said:

TIA

Word to the wise: be sure to check with the Purser's office (aka Customer Service desk) on the ship the first morning you've sailed. On our last Princess cruise there was no mention of EZ-Check in the Patter, and I waited until day 3 to ask about it. I finally was able to get the form and Princess made arrangements, but it was close. So ask early.

As someone here said, EZ-Check WAS available only in SEA and FLL/MIA. Cost was $25 per bag, but not all airlines were available. Not sure what it will be when sailing resumes; nobody is, included the passengers, airlines, port and cruise lines.

Doug

13 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

It is being offered in Seattle free of charge for the Alaska season.  

Is the luggage transfer through Princess or through the program offered by the city of Seattle for the past few years that has always been free?

Edited by capriccio

• 3 months later...

We are also sailing in Dec out of Fort Lauderdale hoping that EZ Check is available. When on line chatting with Princess yesterday agent said "should" be availabe. We then posted question on Facebook Princess group. One person on the Sky now said it was. Another response said service was back and they flew Delta. We are flying Southwest.

54 minutes ago, ChrisMW said:

We are also sailing in Dec out of Fort Lauderdale hoping that EZ Check is available. When on line chatting with Princess yesterday agent said "should" be availabe. We then posted question on Facebook Princess group. One person on the Sky now said it was. Another response said service was back and they flew Delta. We are flying Southwest.

I hope so. Also flying SW out of FLL in Dec

1 hour ago, ChrisMW said:

We are also sailing in Dec out of Fort Lauderdale hoping that EZ Check is available

8 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I hope so. Also flying SW out of FLL in Dec

If you haven't done so already, I would ask the EZ Check status on the current Emerald thread.  They return to Fort Lauderdale on Tuesday so the EZ Check info, if is available this cruise, should already have been distributed.

• 1 month later...