Appeals Court Ruled 2-1 Late Saturday to Stay Florida's Courts decision and leaves CDC regs in place.

again, against popular opinion- I think vaccinated 95% rule will continue- now especially with the new variant.  CCL knows things are working. why stop now.  at least until end of 21'.

December can cruise with those who can get vaccinated on the Mardi Gras.  people can always move their bookings till 22'.  DH, DD, DS and I are all over 17 and vaccinated.  Mardi Gras-here we come!!!

• Like 1

I think things for carnival go along as before.

For rcl who was maybe hoping to lower that 95% and pax could go maskless onboard, I think it affects them more. I dont want a cruise with a mask on inside the ship.

For those with kids this means, not yet, unvaccinated kids still will be fewer. Not totally surprising with covid cases rising. A bigger deal for families especially.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I beleive someone said the next appeal would be US Supreme, anyone know if that is true?

No.  First a hearing before the three Judge panel, then possibly a hearing before all of the Judges on the 11th Court of Appeals, then, assuming it isn't somehow returned to the Trial Court, would be a Request to the Justice Clarence Thomas, since he is the Judge currently assigned for the 11th Circuit, then either a ruling, a denial of a ruling, or even possibly having to wait for the next Session of the Supreme Court (first Monday in October).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

.. to wait for the next Session of the Supreme Court (first Monday in October).

The cso expires the end of oct, assuming cdc doesnt try to continue it longer. Might also depend on how covid is doing about then. Or if cruiselines have had missteps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Yep, looks like status quo for Carnival

Yeah its funny, Carnival took a beating for it's lack of information, and then flipping to all of a sudden requiring 95% vaccination....fast forward to now and I think they are ahead of the curve. CDC "Test" cruises are not the way to go.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The cso expires the end of oct, assuming cdc doesnt try to continue it longer. Might also depend on how covid is doing about then. Or if cruiselines have had missteps. 

Exactly.  If it expires it creates an interesting legal question.   Does the case become moot unless they take further action, or does the issue of the case, the extent of power delegated to the CDC, remain a question before the Court.  From a legal standpoint it's interesting,  as a potential cruise passenger, it is frustrating. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I don't think it matters much in the end. The cruise lines mostly want to follow those CDC guidelines anyway. Whether they are required to or not may be a moot point.

And they want to be able to blame the CDC for any rules they follow so that passengers cannot blame them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

Just so they don't cancel my cruises. I've had 15 cancelled already and will go crazy if they cancel another one. Personally, I wish 100% had to be vaccinated.

You should probably rethink your vacations plans during this PANDEMIC!

• Thanks 1