Lisbon Hotels help, please.

Hi,😃 I went back a few pages and could not find a lot of information about Lisbon Hotels.....I will be sailing in October and need a hotel for 1 night post cruise. Do any of you have recommendations? And if you ask how much I want to spend........between 200 and 300 Euros would be a range. I will go over to Trip Advisor as well but just wanted to see if anyone on here had some favorite choices. And let us all hope that the cruise will sail🙏

Thanks😃

We stayed at both the Real Palacio and the Turim Saldanha in Lisbon.    We really liked the area,  nice local restaurants, near one of the top museums and large department stores.   Easy access to other areas of Lisbon for sightseeing. 

The Real is older and larger, while the Turim is a newer hotel.  But as it is several years since we stayed you may want to check more recent experiences. 

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi,😃 I went back a few pages and could not find a lot of information about Lisbon Hotels.....I will be sailing in October and need a hotel for 1 night post cruise. Do any of you have recommendations? And if you ask how much I want to spend........between 200 and 300 Euros would be a range. I will go over to Trip Advisor as well but just wanted to see if anyone on here had some favorite choices. And let us all hope that the cruise will sail🙏

Thanks😃

I stayed at the Tivoli Avenida Libertade in 2019.  It's a beautiful hotel, lovely property and the  location makes it easy to get around via subway or walking.  I'm pretty sure it will run to the higher end of your budget.  (I was with a group so not sure what the nightly rates are.)

24 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

I stayed at the Tivoli Avenida Libertade in 2019.  It's a beautiful hotel, lovely property and the  location makes it easy to get around via subway or walking.  I'm pretty sure it will run to the higher end of your budget.  (I was with a group so not sure what the nightly rates are.)

Thanks🙂, will take a look at it

• Like 1

Hi Lois -- I know you had also asked me for recommendations on the other forum, but truthfully both of the hotels I've tried in Lisbon I would not recommend to others. One was more of a business hotel and the immediate area was not ideal. The other one was in the very charming Alfama district (my favorite area of Lisbon) but the hotel itself was more on the basic side than I had been led to believe from the photos/reviews and the whole place had a musty, unpleasant smell.

Sorry I can't offer any real help.

12 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi Lois -- I know you had also asked me for recommendations on the other forum, but truthfully both of the hotels I've tried in Lisbon I would not recommend to others. One was more of a business hotel and the immediate area was not ideal. The other one was in the very charming Alfama district (my favorite area of Lisbon) but the hotel itself was more on the basic side than I had been led to believe from the photos/reviews and the whole place had a musty, unpleasant smell.

Sorry I can't offer any real help.

No worries, you are always helpful😃

No experience yet but we’ve rebooked at Flora Chiado apartments after our cruise was cancelled last year.  Breakfast is included and it has service more like a hotel than apartment. They get great reviews and is a property of my destination club Exclusive Resorts so it is well vetted.  Located in central Lisbon right above a Michelin starred restaurant in a vibrant neighborhood.

I booked a room at Hotel Avenida Palace......it gets excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and it looks beautiful. Happy with the price as well. 

Will be happy to let you know how it is upon my return.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I booked a room at Hotel Avenida Palace......it gets excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and it looks beautiful. Happy with the price as well. 

That is also my choice, for a Portugal trip that keeps getting cancelled and rescheduled.  Your post-cruise review will be welcome!

20 hours ago, Lois R said:

Please do!  I may need a hotel for a one night post-cruise stay next year, and the location for this hotel seems very good.

• 1 month later...

We booked Alecrim ao Chiado by emailing them

No pre payment 

Small but full service so looks interesting to me

Avenida Palace looks lovely!

DH is a very low key guy so for him it is just too elegant. Hehe

Edited by riffatsea

Hi, I travel solo.......I am really not an over the top person and I like all kinds of hotels actually😀...I enjoy "boutique style" places as well as larger ones.  Yours looks nice too.  When are you going?

36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I travel solo.......I am really not an over the top person and I like all kinds of hotels actually😀...I enjoy "boutique style" places as well as larger ones.  Yours looks nice too.  When are you going?

Funny but I usually travel solo myself on land

DH is starting to get anxious when I leave for a trip sooo this time as a compromise we are on a cruise that ends in Lisbon

Portugal has been on my list for a while so we are staying 2 days after the cruise

We will be there in October of 2022 if all goes well

Edited by riffatsea

Hi, well, let us truly hope in a year things will be better---although that is what we said a year ago about now😲

I decided a while back if sailing resumes this year I am going........and I have! Sailed  to Greece in July and Alaska last month😀 and to be honest, I am SO HAPPY I DID!!!!!!! 

My cruise is in 32 days........12 nights..........hoping all goes smoothly!