Vista now Orange?

EmmasNana

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl just announced today that all pax must get tested 3 days prior to boarding.. even if you are vaccinated. Their boards are blowing up. Color me unhappy.  Celebrity is only covering until oct I read. They are pushing it more and more on the pax. Its suspected rcl new policy is because of the celebrity positive pax. The cruiseline protocols getting worse and worse. 

Some how I feel I am moving to becoming an ex-cruiser.  The cruise lines need to support those that support them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, soremekun said:

Are you going to continue sailing with them or any cruiseline during the pandemic?

I will definitely cruise again, not on Carnival anytime soon.  Will definitely not be on Vista  on 8/21!  My kids wil be vaxxed as soon as they are eligible, so will play by ear.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl just announced today that all pax must get tested 3 days prior to boarding.. even if you are vaccinated. Their boards are blowing up. Color me unhappy.  Celebrity is only covering until oct I read. They are pushing it more and more on the pax. Its suspected rcl new policy is because of the celebrity positive pax. The cruiseline protocols getting worse and worse. 

Even though it’s a pain, it makes sense since more and more vaccinated people are testing positive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Even though it’s a pain, it makes sense since more and more vaccinated people are testing positive. 

I know lol you posted that we dont agree 3 times. Oh well we usually agree, just not this time.

People will cancel in droves., already are. People who agree with me they will not take on the uncertainty of testing and getting results within 3 days of boarding. And get to the boarding port ahead of time. One ta said hes had 18 requesting refunds.

No one wants uncertainty. If carnival or rcl wants testing, they need to do it. Well we agreed 99% of the time, turns out not twins lol. Cruisers dont like uncertainty imo. I do get it, you dont have to keep posting back that you disagree about who should do the testing the pax or the cruiseline. I understand your position. Neither will change the other. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Let me give you a example why to me it violates carnivals contract with me, or rcl.

Do you remember before when carnival tried to add on a oil surcharge and early days they were unable because it was not in the terms when they booked. So carnival put it in their terms and thereafter they were allowed to add it because it was disclosed there could be a additional charge before they booked.

Telling pax to go out and test on their own dime violates the terms of carnivals contract if they tried to do this like rcl is doing. Legally it wouldnt stand up, they have to refund the money if asked. Two parties to a contract, one cant unilaterally change a contract unless the other agreed.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, deweytrader said:

Just off the Breeze today, fully vaccinated 2 doses Pfizer 3 weeks apart back in March/April.  Son (10) not vaxxed and I both positive.  Husband fully vaxxed and daughter 9 non vaxxed both negative.  Carnival gave us free calls and a list of hotels with bad phone numbers toi arrange Texas quarantine (from CT). Did not announce the positive cases on board and the polcieci/procedures for dealing with cases non existent.  They did shell out for transfer to hotel as I mentioned that I would have to find an ambulance.  They snuck us out after all passenger were disembarked thru the back door...Horrible experience

Oh no, that's horrible.  I hope you family will be ok?  How long do you have to stay at the hotel?    That expense is on you I guess?

Edited by Sunshine3601

59 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

People will cancel in droves., already are. People who agree with me they will not take on the uncertainty of testing and getting results within 3 days of boarding. And get to the boarding port ahead of time.

I dont understand what you mean here. The passengers can travel to the port while they are waiting for the results. Carnival doesnt require a paper document. The instructions about the 72 hour PCR test on their protocol page states it can be electronic. on  your phone.  Even if the results dont show up till the morning of your cruise your still good, Just show them your NEGATIVE on your phone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

There is a pretty big difference between RCL and Carnival and that is RCL is not sailing 95% vaccinated. So their new testing requirements may have something to do with that.  As far as I know, Celebrity, which is also sailing 95% vaccinated is not requiring tests before boarding but that could obviously change. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Telling pax to go out and test on their own dime violates the terms of carnivals contract if they tried to do this like rcl is doing. Legally it wouldnt stand up, they have to refund the money if asked. Two parties to a contract, one cant unilaterally change a contract unless the other agreed.

It doesnt cost anything to get a 72 hour PCR test. Either your health insurance will pay or theres a new Federal program which pays for the uninsured. Just like the vaccines the tests are free.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brew12 said:

Statistics are the third form of lies, right? That is why the color coding system is a good idea. Statistics, even properly used, have their outliers. It's a tool to see if the return to sailing is proceeding as expected or if there are problems.

Pretty much. Statistics are just a number that can be misinterpreted to support any position. You can't prove anything with statistics, you can only give probabilities based on the data on hand, which could change tomorrow or yesterday.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sailingships said:

It doesnt cost anything to get a 72 hour PCR test. Either your health insurance will pay or theres a new Federal program which pays for the uninsured. Just like the vaccines the tests are free.

I have a real problem with the government using their money (which is actually MY money) giving free tests to people who just want to travel.  Totally different than being symptomatic or having exposure.

• Like 1

I have a cruise coming up and the last thing I want to do is have to submit a negative test result to cruise.  However, since vaccinated people are getting covid more and more, it really makes sense for the cruise lines.  Personally, I hope they don't do it.  But business-wise, it would be a smart move to keep covid off of the ships and have safer cruises.  Being vaccinated no longer means a person doesn't have covid.  I just don't want things to get so bad that the CDC will require masks for everyone on the cruise ships.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

I have a real problem with the government using their money (which is actually MY money) giving free tests to people who just want to travel.  Totally different than being symptomatic or having exposure.

I'm not sure they are. Cruise lines are requiring unvaxinated to have insurance which should cover the tests and treatments.

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

I have a cruise coming up and the last thing I want to do is have to submit a negative test result to cruise.  However, since vaccinated people are getting covid more and more, it really makes sense for the cruise lines.  Personally, I hope they don't do it.  But business-wise, it would be a smart move to keep covid off of the ships and have safer cruises.  Being vaccinated no longer means a person doesn't have covid.  I just don't want things to get so bad that the CDC will require masks for everyone on the cruise ships.

Showing up with a negative test only means the person did not have it at that one moment in time - could be positive 24 hours later.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I'm not sure they are. Cruise lines are requiring unvaxinated to have insurance which should cover the tests and treatments.

This makes no sense. Did you read the person I quoted who is telling people that they can go to CVS or Walgreens for a free test (talking about the new requirement from Royal for ALL passengers, not just unvaxxed).

Just now, ScottsSweetie said:

Showing up with a negative test only means the person did not have it at that one moment in time - could be positive 24 hours later.

True, but it's better than just assuming every single vaccinated person is covid-free.  That isn't reasonable or safe.  It's already annoying to me that I will be flying on a plane where some of the people probably have covid because anyone can fly.  Break through cases with the vaccinated are happening all of the time now.  Anyway, I will sail with whatever requirements are at the time.  If masks are required on the ship, I will see if I can move my cruise.  A lot can happen in three weeks.

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

The CDC is supposed to be releasing current data on mask wearing in the near future - maybe tomorrow. Keeping covid off of ships should be a goal, but is likely impossible. Minimizing the spread on ships is critical.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no, that's horrible.  I hope you family will be ok?  How long do you have to stay at the hotel?    That expense is on you I guess?

Yes we feel fine!  And yes 100 percent on our dime, we do have travel insurance so hoping for some sort of reimbursement.  My son and I 10 days, maybe shorter if we test negative.  My husband/ daughter we believe shorter more like 7 if they continue to test negative.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

This makes no sense. Did you read the person I quoted who is telling people that they can go to CVS or Walgreens for a free test (talking about the new requirement from Royal for ALL passengers, not just unvaxxed).

If you have insurance, I bet they charge back to the insurance company. Even if they don't, I don't care. We need to do whatever it takes to defeat the virus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

If you have insurance, I bet they charge back to the insurance company. Even if they don't, I don't care. We need to do whatever it takes to defeat the virus.

Defeat the virus - yes. Help pay for people to take a vacation - no. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, deweytrader said:

It appears Celebrity/RCL provide more help to their postive cases.  I was on the Adv of the Seas 2 nd sailing with two postive cases and they arranged everything for them.  Carnival only offered to pay for private transport after i said I would request an ambulance.  They appear to want to keep it hush hush, while the other cruise lines deal with it directly.

This is very bad policy on Carnival’s part, and unacceptable to me as a customer with 3 upcoming cruises.   Carnival needs to be upfront on the number of cases they are experiencing so their customers can decide to cruise with them or not, with eyes wide open. The other passengers on your cruise deserved to know there was a possible exposure.  And Carnival should have policies in place to deal with their positive cases (which employees are aware of), and at least provide basic assistance to those who are positive.  

I am sorry you have had to go through this.  I hope Carnival re-assesses their COVID positive passenger policies; unfortunately with DELTA we will see more of them, not less. I was just at a 1,000 person convention where there were at least 3 breakthrough cases, all vaccinated and all symptomatic; pandemic  is changing under all our feet again.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

Carnival needs to be upfront on the number of cases they are experiencing so their customers can decide to cruise with them or not, with eyes wide open.

If the threshold of cases is reached, cruise lines (not just Carnival) are required to report the numbers to the CDC. I would think the number will be available to the public like the noro numbers are.

16 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

We need to do whatever it takes to defeat the virus.

Defeat the virus? 🤨 Given that it is here now to stay and we will always have cases increasing and decreasing regulary just as we do of the flu and the common cold what exactly is your definition of defeat? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If the threshold of cases is reached, cruise lines (not just Carnival) are required to report the numbers to the CDC. I would think the number will be available to the public like the noro numbers are.

That is good to hear; hopefully the numbers are available relatively quickly as things change.

3 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Defeat the virus? 🤨 Given that it is here now to stay and we will always have cases increasing and decreasing regulary just as we do of the flu and the common cold what exactly is your definition of defeat? 

Herd immunity with effective treatments available.