Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

46 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We are getting the rapid antigen test. Don’t trust the turnaround time on the pcr test with only a three day window.

cvs says that if you get a positive on the rapid test you can go in to their minute clinic and get the pcr test.

That’s what I was thinking too, plus the CVS that’s close doesn’t offer the PCR test.  I would need to drive further. See you in the ship in 3 weeks!

1 hour ago, chefchick said:

That’s what I thought when I booked it….but no, since they are allowing more than the allowed 5% children onboard they are not considered fully vaccinated cruises.

I hope RCI Florida RCI cruises switch to 95% vaccinated.  Celebrity is doing this -- in fact I think Celebrity Florida cruises are 100% passenger vaccinated.  The lawyers just need to get creative about wording the question about vaccination status re: the Florida law.  I know that the Celebrity Edge has had some cases but this protocol may cut down on infected passengers.  

Edited by SherriZ366

56 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Glad you posted the link.  I thought I saw this yesterday but the email I got for our August cruise had the August 31, 2021 date.  I hope it eases up as we get into the fall and they drop this requirement -- we have October and December cruises.  

I still don't see thru December 2021 for testing for vaxed people from Florida.  I see after August 1 but no end date.  I thought it for now is just cruises in July and August

Edited by molly361

33 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I still don't see thru December 2021 for testing for vaxed people from Florida.  I see after August 1 but no end date.  I thought it for now is just cruises in July and August

They changed it again. Now it just says August 2021 on the main page. Yesterday the paragraph said:

For Cruises Departing from Florida

For guests on cruises departing from Florida homeports from August 1 through December 31, 2021, the following requirements apply. 

So hopefully (maybe) it will be a month by month requirement. :classic_biggrin:

Although...under the testing FAQ's it does still list the dates as Aug 1- Dec. 31. So many pages. It gets confusing. Link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#florida

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

Search locations (list will update on selection)

ZIP code, or city and state
Test type
Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)
Rapid-result test

Test type: Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)

Accepted for most travel and recreational purposes

Drive-thru test (vehicle required)

Results within 1-2 days

Test type: Rapid-result test (antigen)

Not accepted for all purposes, so be sure to check with venue, destination or airline.

Results within hours

These are my test choices at CVS are both of these acceptable?  I would rather do the rapid-result test (antigen) as it states results within hours.  The PCR states results within 1 -2 days.

My tolerance for rcl has reached an end. Just cancelled my august 14th oddessey of the seas cruise. I have done everything I was suppose to during covid but i refuse to be tested to go on a cruise. That is my red line.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Minnie526 said:

Search locations (list will update on selection)

ZIP code, or city and state

Test type
Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)
Rapid-result test

Test type: Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)

Accepted for most travel and recreational purposes

Drive-thru test (vehicle required)

Results within 1-2 days

Test type: Rapid-result test (antigen)

Not accepted for all purposes, so be sure to check with venue, destination or airline.

Results within hours

These are my test choices at CVS are both of these acceptable?  I would rather do the rapid-result test (antigen) as it states results within hours.  The PCR states results within 1 -2 days.

The rapid antigen test is fine.

5 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

The issue I have with waiting until you get to port is you’re standing there already packed Ready to go only to get turned away if it shows positive.  Im curious how many vaccinated people will show positive with no symptoms.

And which test is the more accurate.

And seeing as though 5 of the 6 Passengers other day were CV+ had no Symptoms with 6th having Mild symptoms...

We have 3 B2B booked Nov '21 SympOts (MIA), Mar '22 AnthemOts(BAY) abd Dec '21 (Rotterdam (FLL).  I think the only possible way to meet the "new" testing requirements would be the ships to do the test at the end of the 1st half.  We also have 2 cruises booked that have an disembarkment/embarkment day between two different ports. One is TPA - PCL and the other is MIA - FLL.  Unless Royal allows  test on Disembarkment ship A to count for Embarkment on ship B, I am not sure we can meet the requirements.  All 3 of us are fully vaccinated.  This does complicate things.

• Like 1

Considering what just happened today on Edge, who knows what's in store for us all now.  Would post a link to the Celebrity page, but CC already locked it.  They had a huge mess up at FLL all day, Edge just left but it was eye opening....not so sure they won't start canceling cruises again.  There is a You Tube about it, but I'm not posting any links to nothin.

8 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Considering what just happened today on Edge, who knows what's in store for us all now.  Would post a link to the Celebrity page, but CC already locked it.  They had a huge mess up at FLL all day, Edge just left but it was eye opening....not so sure they won't start canceling cruises again.  There is a You Tube about it, but I'm not posting any links to nothin.

What happened?

6 hours ago, Empehi said:

Whatever testing protocol is in use, it will be impossible to:  keep COVID off a ship ... sure some may not have a case but others will .... just sheer luck. People can take the test 3 days prior, test negative and may have been exposed either just before the test or after the test and become contagious during the cruise. So .....  go on vaccinated cruises and get a test at the port prior to boarding. Those that don not want to take the chance of a test on boarding day can either not go or get a test themselves at home before they fly to a port.

On March 14, 2020 during my South Pacific cruise I said right away that there is no way not to have hundreds of different kind of microbes in humans no matter where the latter are located (a cruise ship or whatever); so, unless they (not cruise lines, obviously) leave us alone, this meshuggeneh will continue forever.

Edited by kirtihk

People who arrived for their appointed boardings at 1:00 etc, had to wait in line until 4:30 for testing because of the new protocols, some were carted off in ambulances from heat prostration and Cpt. Kate was on pier helping to hand out water etc.  It was a cluster fudge with some passengers from last week's cruise refusing to vacate the ship, they were carted off in handcuffs, it's all over the Celebrity board.  Tons of people missed their planes home, etc etc.  There's a You tube guy over on you tube NOT A HAPPY camper....just a complete clusterfudge.  She left around 7:00 but its a mess.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

People who arrived for their appointed boardings at 1:00 etc, had to wait in line until 4:30 for testing because of the new protocols, some were carted off in ambulances from heat prostration and Cpt. Kate was on pier helping to hand out water etc.  It was a cluster fudge with some passengers from last week's cruise refusing to vacate the ship, they were carted off in handcuffs, it's all over the Celebrity board.  Tons of people missed their planes home, etc etc.  There's a You tube guy over on you tube NOT A HAPPY camper....just a complete clusterfudge.  She left around 7:00 but its a mess.

Wow, what a mess! Haven't read anything like that on Royal ships (so far)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

Sudden change didnt help. Thats my thing, like be early at Pier one first threw doors and on the Ship in 30 minutes. Not going happen for while

13 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I couldn’t find it on YouTube. 

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Why Florida? 

I am not a fan of how they handle some things,  but this isn’t on them. This CF falls

completely on the shoulders of RCG. 

Agree, also multiple fully Vax passengers on some Cruise Ships Come up CV+ this week. Poo Happens. At least Asymptomatic, only discovered due to mandatory testing

Edited by ONECRUISER

Been traveling living away from home most of every yr but 2 for 40yrs now. Had rough patch couple yrs ago. On multiple Royal Ship Repo's had 3-6 Emergency's a Sailing where we had speed up or slowdown and return back to Port. With in 18 months Flying multiple Planes/Flights were 2 had Flat Tires, 2 had Electrical Issue, one had a Broken toilet, one had a Cracked windshield making us land at different Airport. Even people on CC wanted know when/where I was traveling to make sure not be with me. But best was first time decided to fly in day early for Cruise. Snowstorm at 3am driving max 35mph to Airport hr away. Got there 20min before flight, we got Bumped to only seats left First Class(my first). Oh and forgot my now Ex came w/o any ID. Got her on Plane and Ship with just her BC and ML I'd brought, This 5 Months after 9/11. Got on Plane quick was last flight B4 shutting down for the Snow. We slipped off runway getting us stuck. Dug us out 2hrs later back to Terminal. 5 Hours later back on plane and off to MIA. Got there 4pm, Luggage didn't, Would have missed Ship if was day of. Next Day woke, Luggage at Hotel and off to my Last Cruise with my now Ex. Always Fly in 2 Days early now...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, exm said:

If it wasn't for Florida, cruise ships probably wouldn't be sailing out of the US. Don't believe me? The US is still blocking EU/UK/Canadian visitors from flying in. Absolutely 0% science behind it, since those visitors can go to a 'third' country like Peru, Colombia, Mexico, Bahamas, etc for 2 weeks to 'quarantine' and THEN they can enter the USA. Ridiculous.

Yes, real life example: my brother in law is married to a wonderful lady from Peru. Her family was in the US in June, not all vaccinated. One of them got the shots here (!!!!). My family (from The Netherlands) who are FULLY vaccinated can't visit (I'm a dual Dutch/US citizen). Unless they stay 2 weeks in... Peru (or one of the other countries).

The CDC and Biden are making a mess out of this, so you are blaming Florida? Without Florida not a single cruise ship would be sailing out of the US, I'm 100% sure.

The Millennium is sailing out of Seattle, last I heard it is in the state of Washington. Still 100% sure? How did Florida make that happen?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1