Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

7 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Note to cruisers from FL:  I just scheduled a no cost to me PCR test at a local CVS, drive thru, for August 12 (our cruise is on August 15).  You just input your insurance information and they will only bill your insurer.  No co-pay or deductible.  

However, I am seriously considering cancelling.  We were on the Carnival Horizon earlier this month and it was so pleasant.  No tests, no masks.  95% vaccinated and it felt like a real vacation.

From my point of view, Royal has mishandled all of this and needs to rethink its strategy. 

Did CVS give any indication the turn around on the results?

4 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Well now, if that happens than the first to be vaccinated will be ranked last......what age demographic was vaccinated first? (rhetorical)

Nothing on vaccines is far fetched anymore I'm finding......

My husband was among the first to get his 1st shot in January and I got my 1st the end of Feb.  

I hope the boosters start up prior to our end of November cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, satchimosmom said:

They’ve discovered that with Delta the breakthrough cases of vaccinated persons carry a heavy viral load. This is info just released publicly yesterday (to my knowledge).

Yes.  I saw that.  Now I'm waiting for all the internet experts to claim the study must be wrong.  They and the cruise lines have to take action BEFORE something happens, if they are having to react to a problem, it's too late.  I am willing to bet the cruise lines were made aware of this yesterday, thus the changes.  Amazingly they know what they are doing without all of our opinions.

2 minutes ago, mek said:

My husband was among the first to get his 1st shot in January and I got my 1st the end of Feb.  

Based on studies from lymph nodes and T-cells they are finding that the immunity is lasting longer than first expected.  But if you are worried, I would talk to your primary care doctor to see what options you have.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Yes.  I saw that.  Now I'm waiting for all the internet experts to claim the study must be wrong.  They and the cruise lines have to take action BEFORE something happens, if they are having to react to a problem, it's too late.  I am willing to bet the cruise lines were made aware of this yesterday, thus the changes.  Amazingly they know what they are doing without all of our opinions.

The study is interesting but it wasn’t pier reviewed (yet).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Based on studies from lymph nodes and T-cells they are finding that the immunity is lasting longer than first expected.  But if you are worried, I would talk to your primary care doctor to see what options you have.

No - I'm not worried at all - sorry if my post gave that impression, but I do believe that boosters will be needed, especially for seniors and I would just prefer getting mine sooner than later.

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2021 at 5:09 PM, firefly333 said:

That is how I feel that rcl decided to do unvaccinated and now what vaccinated to pay. 

Kick off unvaccinated like carnival did, not expect me to pay for someone's risk who choose not to get vaccinated... I just read this elsewhere and came here hoping it was not true. 

This is going to blow up in their faces. Everyone will be mad. I dont want 10 covid tests. Didnt agree to them.

I feel the same way. 👍🏼

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm fully vaxxed and not cruising until all this crap (to put it nicely) regarding testing, mask wearing onboard (NOT going to happen for me), etc. is done with. I'm willing to wait a year, two years or more, whatever it takes.  Have done several wonderful land trips the last 16 months and will gladly do several more until cruising returns to an experience we can enjoy.  If it means never cruising again, so be it.

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

The unvaccinated get ti test at the port. The vaccinated have to run around 3 days before the cruise to get tested. Someone at Royal needs to get their heads examined.

It is my understand, the unvaxxed have to get the same pcr or antigen test that vaccinated have to get for US Sailings. 

Did royal say they will test all unvaxxed people at the cruise terminal?  I didn't hear that.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is my understand, the unvaxxed have to get the same pcr or antigen test that vaccinated have to get for US Sailings. 

Did royal say they will test all unvaxxed people at the cruise terminal?  I didn't hear that.

Possible just Temporary. One site says they'd bus them to different place to Test, not done at Terminal

Edited by ONECRUISER

21 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I'm fully vaxxed and not cruising until all this crap (to put it nicely) regarding testing, mask wearing onboard (NOT going to happen for me), etc. is done with. I'm willing to wait a year, two years or more, whatever it takes.  Have done several wonderful land trips the last 16 months and will gladly do several more until cruising returns to an experience we can enjoy.  If it means never cruising again, so be it.

Good that you are fully vaxxed!!!

It only prevent you [most of the time] from getting seriously ill or dying when you catch COVID. Vaccinations do not prevent you from catching COVID... just ask the four fully vaxxed passengers who got disembarked from the Adventure today for testing positive onboard. 

Which is why testing, and masking is important. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

It only prevent you [most of the time] from getting seriously ill or dying when you catch COVID. Vaccinations do not prevent you from catching COVID... just ask the four fully vaxxed passengers who got disembarked from the Adventure today for testing positive onboard. 

I understand all that. 

Testing and masking is not my idea of a vacation.

Land trips from now on, or at least until cruising does away with it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mek said:

The President of the United States is the who said yesterday that no one needs a booster "for now" while Fauci says that they are essential to stop the variant spread. And the President is the one who is suggesting that the FDA not to approve Pfizer's emergency use request for a booster. That being said, the US placed an order for 200M booster doses of Pfizer. I have a friend who already got her booster shot from the NIH, so she's feeling a lot better with the variants around. 

Edited by BirdTravels

12 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

That was the original intent of the vaccine.  Now, they're changing up the rules forgetting why the vaccine was developed.  No one should be surprised that vaxxed people are testing positive, still in very, very small numbers.  It's expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You're right -- the Unvaxxed have to get the same PCR or Antigen test that vaccinated now have to get.  Here is verbiage from the email I received at 5:59 pm about my upcoming sailing on Allure out of Port Canaveral.  This is the same verbiage that's on the website (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=florida-august)

For sailings 5 nights or longer, all guests ages 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status, are required to provide a negative PCR or antigen test result for COVID-19 on boarding day. This test must be taken no more than 3 days prior to your sail date and must be arranged by each guest at their own expense with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain or diagnostic lab.

We've added this extra precaution to give you added peace of mind. The below highlights protocols for guests sailing in August 2021 out of Florida homeports. If you do not wish to follow these protocols, we are happy to provide you with a refund or move your sailing into the future when circumstances may have evolved.

Health and safety protocols are subject to change and as these occur, we're committed to updating you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Right.  In fact some vaccinated have been hospitalized.

Yes! Thank you.

My sister was vaccinated, is still recovering from the Delta variant and had 15% damage to her heart from it. She also ran a very high temp, and Regeneron had to be administered. Vaccinated in April. 

Not all vaccinated have an easy time of Delta.  I know the efficacy rates. This response is for those who believe all vaccinated have mild or asymptomatic cases. That isn’t true! That said, we believe the vaccines may have made the difference between life and death for her. 

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I understand all that. 

Testing and masking is not my idea of a vacation.

Land trips from now on, or at least until cruising does away with it.

You will have to live with the mask, unless you vacation outside the country, as it will become mandatory in the near future.

Presently, NJ is simply recommending masks to be worn inside where there are people in the vicinity..  I believe Los Angeles has mandated.

I have no problem wearing a mask if that is what it takes to enjoy activities that I cherish,  I visit Atlantic City and although it's on the honor system, I wear a mask even though I'm vaxxed.  The only problem is that it fogs my glasses.😀

I have 3 pending cruises and 🙏 that they will come off.  The first one is Oasis Sept. 5th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, later said:

The study is interesting but it wasn’t pier reviewed (yet).

Yeah, it would be better to wait for peer review while the virus continues to spread and mutate.  We certainly wouldn't want to be very cautious because it is a potentially deadly virus.  Besides, then we can blame someone for it to get back at people who blamed someone else for it, when in actuality, neither is true. So we really should just sit here and see what happens.  

25 minutes ago, BND said:

That was the original intent of the vaccine.  Now, they're changing up the rules forgetting why the vaccine was developed.  No one should be surprised that vaxxed people are testing positive, still in very, very small numbers.  It's expected.

Yeah, that stupid CDC has no idea what they are doing.  They just want to harass people and prevent them from cruising.  They don't understand things like vaccines like people who use google do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrMarc said:

Yeah, that stupid CDC has no idea what they are doing.  They just want to harass people and prevent them from cruising.  They don't understand things like vaccines like people who use google do.

What?  I wasn't referring to the CDC. I was referring to Royal changing up their rules.  I don't need your sarcasm when you have absolutely no clue what I was referring to.  But, the vaccine was originally developed to prevent hospitalizations and deaths, not infections.  People seem to forget that little tidbit.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, nelblu said:

You will have to live with the mask, unless you vacation outside the country, as it will become mandatory in the near future.

Presently, NJ is simply recommending masks to be worn inside where there are people in the vicinity..  I believe Los Angeles has mandated.

I have no problem wearing a mask if that is what it takes to enjoy activities that I cherish,  I visit Atlantic City and although it's on the honor system, I wear a mask even though I'm vaxxed.  The only problem is that it fogs my glasses.😀

I have 3 pending cruises and 🙏 that they will come off.  The first one is Oasis Sept. 5th.

"You will have to live with the mask, unless you vacation outside the country, as it will become mandatory in the near future"

Do you have a crystal ball or are you just speculating? I know there are lots of people who hope Covid and/or masking go on forever. I'm not one of them, sorry.  

I

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You only have a 10% chance of catching Covid once vaccinated. So, not everyone who is vaccinated will get Covid. 

• Thanks 1