Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

6 minutes ago, SRF said:

Source?

It is a UK study of 92,029 delta cases receiving emergency care.  117 deaths.  In a previous release on June 14 73 deaths in England 34 unvaccinated 10 were more than 21 days after their first dose of the vaccine, and 26 were more than 14 days after their second dose.  The study is by Public Health England.  You can look it up yourself.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

It is a UK study of 92,029 delta cases receiving emergency care.  117 deaths.  In a previous release on June 14 73 deaths in England 34 unvaccinated 10 were more than 21 days after their first dose of the vaccine, and 26 were more than 14 days after their second dose.  The study is by Public Health England.  You can look it up yourself.  

Versus how many vaccinated?

And how does this mean that what I stated is wrong?   I was stating what was released early this week by CDC.  And applies the US requirement for masks in certain areas and in certain circumstances.   It is NOT a blanket back to masks. 

My county is exempt, as we were over 70% vaccinated before the first unmasking milestone.

31 minutes ago, SRF said:

The vaccinated are not getting to the point of being symptomatic from the Delta variant.  So it really doesn't matter whether they "get it" or not, as there are no health effects.

This is incorrect.  The vaccinated are getting it and being hospitalized.  I represent several health systems and the dynamics have changed over the last week.  Do NOT think that because you vaccinated you are safe.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

The question for CVS and testing for travel isn't whether they would do the test it's whether the test is FREE if you say it's for travel. 

Still no cost to the patient.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SRF said:

Versus how many vaccinated?

And how does this mean that what I stated is wrong?   I was stating what was released early this week by CDC.  And applies the US requirement for masks in certain areas and in certain circumstances.   It is NOT a blanket back to masks. 

My county is exempt, as we were over 70% vaccinated before the first unmasking milestone.

I think death, is probably symptomatic.  Which you said it is not.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

This is incorrect.  The vaccinated are getting it and being hospitalized.  I represent several health systems and the dynamics have changed over the last week.  Do NOT think that because you vaccinated you are safe.  

testing positive and being asymptomatic are two different things.  You can be positive and be asymptomatic...as well as testing positive and having symptoms.  But you can't test negative and have symptoms of Covid unless it's some other virus.  Vaxd  infected persons are sent to hospital so they can administer Chloroquine and other viral fighting medicines.  Not many who are in dire straights except those with underlying conditions.  This according to my physician who I just saw 2 weeks ago.

27 minutes ago, SRF said:

The Moderna has a 94% efficacy.  That means 100 million people are vaccinated, 6 million of them do not have immunity.

The J&J has only 66& efficacy.  So 34 million out of 100 million are at risk.

NO vaccine is 100%.  There will always be "breakthrough" cases.  The point is, to get the point where it is unlikely someone with the disease will come in close enough contact to transmit to an at risk person.

This is how every vaccine against a disease that is transmitted person to person works.  

Thanks.  Good stuff.

Question.

These efficacy percentages are at the MAX in a 'time period.'

For example, Pfizer released statements that the Pfizer efficacy effectiveness was strongest at 96.2% between one week and two months after receiving the second dose.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/28/pfizers-ceo-says-covid-vaccine-effectiveness-drops-to-84percent-after-six-months.html

Further, after 4 to 6-months, such efficacy had dropped to 84%.

Further, they stated that there was a 6% reduction every 2-months.

So, presented as a question, does that mean that at ~

Pfizer - Month   8 - efficacy 78%

Pfizer - Month 10 - efficacy 72%

Pfizer - Month 12 - efficacy 66%

Then, presented as a question, is this possibly to become a factor in the cruise lines risk assessment and related policies?

• Like 1

I'm fine with getting tested. If anything, it makes the entire cruise safer to at least have a few days where no one is likely to be spreading the virus. It's to bad there is not test where they can sample the air in the room to determine if some one in there is infected, it would be a easy way to check parties every night while they sleep in their state room.

Just now, BecciBoo said:

testing positive and being asymptomatic are two different things.  You can be positive and be asymptomatic...as well as testing positive and having symptoms.  But you can't test negative and have symptoms of Covid unless it's some other virus.  Vaxd  infected persons are sent to hospital so they can administer Chloroquine and other viral fighting medicines.  Not many who are in dire straights except those with underlying conditions.  This according to my physician who I just saw 2 weeks ago.

Might want to go back to your doctor.  A lot has changed in the last week.  And I said nothing about being asymptomatic.  Obviously if people tested positive and are hospitalized with COVID, they are symptomatic.   People who have been vaccinated are being hospitalized and some are dying from COVID.    It is not a pretty reality, but that is where we are.  Yes, I believe everyone should get vaccinated, just as they do for measles, mumps and rubella.  Until that happens, we will continue to have these awful spikes.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:It's to bad there is not test where they can sample the air in the room to determine if some one in there is infected, it would be a easy way to check parties every night while they sleep in their state room.

This breathalyzer comes pretty close

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/intercruises-vikand-team-innovative-covid-19-testing-cruise-terminals

We’re fully vaxed and booked on Allure 8/22. Were so excited and and can’t wait to go!!  Usually I begin packing a couple of weeks before, but after the news that we need PCR tests and some people are showing positive, I don’t plan to pack until we get our results. It would be so hard to have to unpack when we’re not even sick 😢

I’m also thinking of deleting our Royal Up bid. That would just be more money they would owe us.

i understand their predicament as a business, but that doesn’t make me feel better. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Where do you get free testing. 

I've never heard you can get free testing if you dont have a reason to think you have covid.

Please let us know. If it's free, ok, but not if I have to pay for it. 

Why is it always rcl with the worst protocols..first unvaccinated and now this. 

Pissed off

Someone else may have answered…but CVS in metro Atlanta does them free regardless of whether you’ve been exposed or have symptoms. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MrMarc said:

That's pretty surprising to me, I am not a microbiologist and I am not questioning your credentials or judgement, just expressing an opinion.  .  Given the breakthrough infections and new mutations it makes perfect sense to me.  Yes, I know that even if infected, a vaccinated person rarely carries enough of a viral load to be contagious.  However, as the onshore cases start rising, they want to be doubly sure that they don't have an outbreak onboard.  So far there seem to be more cases of 1 or 2 cases popping up, so they want to try and reverse that trend.  Is it being overly cautious, yes.  But does overly cautious make sense for a cruise line right now?  I would have to say yes.

They’ve discovered that with Delta the breakthrough cases of vaccinated persons carry a heavy viral load. This is info just released publicly yesterday (to my knowledge).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acruisingperson said:

The first time I did the screening survey on the CVS website, I misread the question about travel and did NOT answer yes. The message I got was the test would not be free. Did it again and indicated I needed the test for travel and got the message I qualified for a free test. I had not provided any insurance information. 

Exactly 

plenty of free testing 

6 hours ago, BND said:

Apparently.  Recently, many virologists and epidemiologists (across all backgrounds)  have stated that if you aren't vaccinated, you are virtually guaranteed to catch Delta as it's so contagious.  

I’ve heard it said we ALL will eventually get COVID.  It’s a matter if you’ll have the protection of the vaccine or not. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Note to cruisers from FL:  I just scheduled a no cost to me PCR test at a local CVS, drive thru, for August 12 (our cruise is on August 15).  You just input your insurance information and they will only bill your insurer.  No co-pay or deductible.  

However, I am seriously considering cancelling.  We were on the Carnival Horizon earlier this month and it was so pleasant.  No tests, no masks.  95% vaccinated and it felt like a real vacation.

From my point of view, Royal has mishandled all of this and needs to rethink its strategy. 

Agree. We originally had booked on Allure. After they made the decision to board mixed status and require masks for all indoors, we switched to Adventure out of the Bahamas.  

5 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

The unvaccinated get ti test at the port. The vaccinated have to run around 3 days before the cruise to get tested. Someone at Royal needs to get their heads examined.

The vaccinated also have to bring proof of a negative test no earlier than 3 days before the -- from Website:

For Cruises Departing from Florida

For guests on cruises departing from Florida homeports from August 1 through December 31, 2021, the following requirements apply. 

PRE-CRUISE TESTING REQUIREMENT

PRE-CRUISE TEST FOR ALL GUESTS ON SAILINGS 5 NIGHTS OR LONGER

• All guests age 2 and older — regardless of vaccination status — will need to take a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain or diagnostic lab, no more than 3 days before arriving at the terminal for embarkation. Guests will need to show their negative test result upon arriving at the terminal. The results can be printed out, or can be presented on your phone, such as the email result from your test provider. Costs associated with this test are the guests' responsibility.

51 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I don’t write the rules…….

You told someone who had insurance to lie and state that they were uninsured. I'm pretty sure that breaks any rules that have been written. 😏

Edited by ScottsSweetie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

You told someone who had insurance to lie and state that they were uninsured. I'm pretty sure that breaks any rules that have been written. 😏

Declaring one’s insurance status is not required by law, no laws broken. Besides, I have paid my taxes, so I am due a couple tests. 
Relax 

• Like 1