Caribbean Princess Drydock?

ceilidh1

3 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Are you saying the Caribbean Princess might be doing the Alaskan cruises next (2022) year.  We are to be on the Caribbean Princess  cruising out of New York next Aug and Sep.  Looking at the latest Cancellation Notice,  after the cancelled cruises  the CB starts back in Fort Lauderdale at the end of May.

I haven't heard anything about where it will go after drydock, just that it will sail from SF to VAN on a 3 day coastal and then will go into drydock in Portland. 

4 hours ago, Alaska05 said:

Guess I don’t understand why any of the ships would need to go into dry dock/wet dock any time soon.  I would have thought that all the ships would be in top top shape after being out of service for over a year.  They had plenty of time to get any work done during that time.  

I agree. Unless there is something about the ship that needs to be addressed.

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I haven't heard anything about where it will go after drydock, just that it will sail from SF to VAN on a 3 day coastal and then will go into drydock in Portland. 

Mar 26, 2022 14 night a btb Ft. Lauderdale Princess Cays Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman April 3rd Ft. Lauderdale a 7 day. Princess Cays, St. Thomas, St Kitts

On 8/1/2021 at 10:28 AM, azbirdmom said:

Drydock/Wetdock Schedule

Periodically, the ships are taken out of service for refit or refurbishment. Usually, the ships are removed from the water and placed in drydock while the work is being done.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change without notice.

SHIP

DRYDOCK/WETDOCK SCHEDULE

MOST RECENT

Caribbean Princess April 7 - 25, 2022  Portland

April 13 - May 11, 2019

Coral Princess December 1 - December 15, 2021  Cadiz January 21 - January 30, 2019
Crown Princess

October 2 - 19, 2022

Portland January 6 - 20, 2021
Diamond Princess January 22 - 30, 2022  Singapore January 19 - February 1, 2019 
Emerald Princess October 10 - 26, 2022  Brest March 29 - April 14, 2019
Enchanted Princess March 25 - April 15, 2023 Marseille N/A
Grand Princess April 25 - May 11, 2022  Portland March 5 - March 18, 2019
Island Princess August 17 - 31, 2021 Marseille November 26 - December 6, 2017
Majestic Princess September 26 - October 3, 2023  Ogden Point February 24 - March 11, 2020
Regal Princess April 16 - 30, 2022 Marseille April 17 - April 30, 2017
Royal Princess October 3 - 15, 2021  Singapore December 1 - December 7, 2018
Ruby Princess October 3 - 15, 2021  Portland September 30 - October 14, 2018
Sapphire Princess April 10 - May 1, 2023 Portland December 31 - January 17, 2021
Sky Princess April 15 - May 6, 2023 Brest N/A

53 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Just got notice that our March 20th Eastern Caribbean cruise on the CB was cancelled due to a change in drydock schedule.  😔

Strange.  I just checked the Princess site and it shows you can’t book any cruises on the CB in April 2022. We are booked on the 4/30/2022 cruise. I hope they update both the drydock schedule and their website to the correct information soon.

1 minute ago, pcsunlover said:

Strange.  I just checked the Princess site and it shows you can’t book any cruises on the CB in April 2022. We are booked on the 4/30/2022 cruise. I hope they update both the drydock schedule and their website to the correct information soon.

They cancelled over a month's worth of cruises and unfortunately your's was one of them.  This release on the Princess website includes the full list.  https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/cancelled-cruises-caribbean-spring-2022.pdf

Our May 7 western Caribbean was just cxld due to dry dock.  We selected May 14 eastern Caribbean as a substitute via a link that they emailed to us.

I then called Princess to try to firm it up an select a cabin.  They said we had to wait until they process it.  Grrrr!!!  We’re extremely picky as far as cabin location.

The Princess rep advised that it could take up to 30 days for us to be transferred to the new sailing.  <sigh>
Oh well.  First world problems. 😁

5 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Mar 26, 2022 14 night a btb Ft. Lauderdale Princess Cays Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman April 3rd Ft. Lauderdale a 7 day. Princess Cays, St. Thomas, St Kitts

Is that not part of the cancelled sailings?

43 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

They cancelled over a month's worth of cruises and unfortunately your's was one of them.  This release on the Princess website includes the full list.  https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/cancelled-cruises-caribbean-spring-2022.pdf

Well that stinks, this was for our anniversary. Thanks for sending this pdf.

• Like 2

Got confirmation from our PCC: cancelled the from our 3/20 sailing through the 5/7 cruise.  We can switch to any of the other 7-day sailings on the CB but, unfortunately, they're only doing our same itinerary once in Feb and once in May and neither date works for us. We've done all the others too many times for them to be appealing.  As someone else said, First World Problems. 😉  

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Only two cruises are listed for March 2022 March 6th and March 27th. No others. So the 13th to the 26th just about two weeks are no cruises.

Our cruise 3/13 will sail, but is being modified to just six days (dropping Cozumel.)  Spring breaks 2019 and 2020 were canceled, so this is an improvement, but I'm disappointed.  

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

We are booked for the June 25, 2022 W Caribbean on Caribbean Princess. None of the June Caribbean cruises are listed as replacement choices for cancelled cruises. Any guesses why?

Today our March 20, 2022, Eastern Caribbean on Caribbean Princess was canceled.  This was a family cruise with daughters, granddaughters and a boyfriend.  It had previously been rebooked from March 2021.  Fortunately, we have an excellent Princess VCP.  She had helped us through the first cancelation which involved adding people and upgrading from balconies to mini-suites.  She is a gem and today helped us with rebooking again.  Third time's the charm.

On 7/29/2021 at 5:15 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Has anyone heard anything about a drydock for Caribbean Princess in April 2022? I have been told by a reliable source that the ship will do a 3 day from San Francisco to Vancouver, arriving April 10th, and then go to drydock. I still see sailings on the East Coast for the ship through next spring? 

If they do a 3 day from SF it’s not listed on the Princess web site. 

Tom🤔

2 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Tom🤔

It's not bookable yet, so guessing it's not 100% confirmed...but it is slated to be the first ship into Vancouver since Covid shut us down (although that could all change as other lines get their plan figured out).

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom🤔

To get the ship to the west coast and then back again to the east coast would mean going through the new Panama Canal locks each way and overall for the time involved (at least 30 days) would be very costly operating a ship with no revenue passengers.

1 hour ago, MissyKish said:

Does anyone have any information of what will be done during the drydock. Is it engine work or refurbishment style things?

I asked my CVP yesterday and she thinks it's just basic maintenance.  Change the oil and filters, check the tires - that sort of thing for ships.  She hadn't heard anything about style points.

We were due to sail on 20th March Caribbean PRincess  14 day cruise…another one lost. Fortunate to see information on here which made me check Princess updates for cancelled cruises…found the info posted above. Sad thing is when I phoned our travel agent, they knew absolutely nothing about it and needed to check cancellations on Princess website too. Apparently they can’t do anything until they receive official notification !!!!!!

Life is not simple these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

We were due to sail on 20th March Caribbean PRincess  14 day cruise…another one lost. Fortunate to see information on here which made me check Princess updates for cancelled cruises…found the info posted above. Sad thing is when I phoned our travel agent, they knew absolutely nothing about it and needed to check cancellations on Princess website too. Apparently they can’t do anything until they receive official notification !!!!!!

Life is not simple these days.

Our planner got her notice as we were speaking with her.  Corporate communication these days has been pretty bad.