Would YOU use the thermal spa with these current conditions?

tallnthensome

I always buy spa passes on all the cruises I go on with my DW. I have spa passes for my wife and I for the Panroama in a few weeks. We are fully vaxxed of course but a small part of me has me double thinking being close to people in the whirlpool, steam room, etc. We do enjoy it but wonder if that is really not a great idea right now ......or ..... just go and enjoy as all guests will be vaccinated.  Thoughts? 

Just now, snowballs mom said:

We are looking forward to it. I am more concerned about the ports than the ship, but I am not letting that stop me.

I'm thinking like you. Water, hot water doesnt bother me on the ship. The ports with unvaccinated workers are of more concern. 

• Like 2

I've never done the Thermal Suite before but bought a pass this time for my cruise in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm not going to be any closer to someone in there then anyplace else in my life. There's people all around me all the time. At least on the ship the adults will all be vaccinated. I can't say that about anywhere else. So, no, no concerns. I'm looking forward to trying the pool out and the mosaic loungers.

• Like 4

We are in a spa suite in less than two weeks and have some concerns. We will try to go during less crowded times and keep our distance from others. The steam rooms where the air is heavy and doesn’t circulate as much are my main concern. I feel less concerned in the other areas. 

• Like 1

Imagine all those little covids swimming around in the whirlpools like mini-tadpoles, multiplying exponentially in the heat and floating around like swarms of locusts in the steam... A black-light would reveal your worst nightmare...  

Nah - I'm just messing with you. 😁

I'd enjoy without worry...  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

COVID has never been traced to water in pools or spas.  That's why you can swim in public pools throughout the country.  

Plus how many times have you been in or thinking about going into a spa and see people sneezing and coughing while lounging in the water. Yuck factor might turn you away.  Might not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We always get a Spa pass for DH and DD, but we've decided not to spend the money this time.

More worried about restrictions on the # of guests in spa at same time becoming a thing in the near future, thus limiting the times they could go.  

We've never been on the Panorama anyhow, so plenty to do without the passes.  Me--I'd rather go on the ropes course without a tether than go to the spa 😁

On 8/3/2021 at 8:04 PM, tallnthensome said:

I always buy spa passes on all the cruises I go on with my DW. I have spa passes for my wife and I for the Panroama in a few weeks. We are fully vaxxed of course but a small part of me has me double thinking being close to people in the whirlpool, steam room, etc. We do enjoy it but wonder if that is really not a great idea right now ......or ..... just go and enjoy as all guests will be vaccinated.  Thoughts? 

No, but never before Covid either. I do not use cruise pools or hot tubs. People are nasty and have no care for what they do in public places.  

• Like 1

Looking forward to relaxing on the tile chaise loungers.   Had the T-spa package last time and will enjoy again this time (with or without a mask).   Looking forward to cruising again!   Soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DPTexas said:

Looking forward to relaxing on the tile chaise loungers.   Had the T-spa package last time and will enjoy again this time (with or without a mask).   Looking forward to cruising again!   Soon!

I can't enjoy a spa experience with a mask on so I'll have to cancel if this is the case.  I'm hoping it's maskless.

On 8/3/2021 at 7:04 PM, tallnthensome said:

Don't want to scare you off, but I will never use the Thasso pool again.  Ended up with a staff infection three days into my last cruise.  Had to buy antibiotics in Mexico.  Thankfully they worked.

On NCL, they skipped every other seat in their thermal suite, despite them being about 4 feet apart. Mostly was ok, but a few times we went and there was nothing available in the unisex section, but the locker room stuff was always pretty empty (Sauna/Shower/Plunge/Hot Tub/Steam). 

I bought my passes for Mardi Gras yesterday (they have way more seats than NCL). I'm not concerned because if it is too crowded, we'll just come back later.