AOS out Nassau now requiring indoor masking

I'll comment before this thread gets locked...

I'm boarding on Saturday and yes I'm disappointed and annoyed at the sudden last-minute changes, I booked this cruise knowing things could change at any minute and the cruise could be cancelled altogether if Royal so chooses. 

I'm still packing my bags tonight and am so excited that I get to go on a cruise in the first place. I'm fortunate to still be employed and have the financial means to cruise. I'm fortunate that my COVID test came back negative this morning. Do I want to wear a mask? Hell no! Am I going to abide by the rules and not make things difficult on the crew? Absolutely. 

Bottom line, quit your b****ing and deal with it or cancel. The CEO does not care what one person thinks. Cruise Critic does not care what you think. Y'all can find me at the Solarium Bar on Saturday with a big ass smile on my face and a cold drink. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I would be on here 24 hrs a day to personally confront those with opinions I disagree with. I apparently have a life. I won't do it. An opinion here I disagree with is common here. No need to take it personal and be stupid about it. Just ignore it 

Edited by coaster
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Y'all can find me at the Solarium Bar on Saturday with a big ass smile on my face and a cold drink. 

Pretty sure the Solarium Bar hasn't been open yet on Adventure sailings out of Nassau. 🙂

7 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Pretty sure the Solarium Bar hasn't been open yet on Adventure sailings out of Nassau. 🙂

Thank you for focusing on that one part. We are indebted to you for that invaluable contribution to the conversation. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, natefish95 said:

I'm boarding on Saturday and yes I'm disappointed and annoyed at the sudden last-minute changes, I booked this cruise knowing things could change at any minute and the cruise could be cancelled altogether if Royal so chooses. 

I'm still packing my bags tonight and am so excited that I get to go on a cruise in the first place. I'm fortunate to still be employed and have the financial means to cruise. I'm fortunate that my COVID test came back negative this morning. Do I want to wear a mask? Hell no! Am I going to abide by the rules and not make things difficult on the crew? Absolutely. 

Bottom line, quit your b****ing and deal with it or cancel. The CEO does not care what one person thinks. Cruise Critic does not care what you think. Y'all can find me at the Solarium Bar on Saturday with a big ass smile on my face and a cold drink. 

Not leaving for two weeks, but right their with you in spirit

• Like 3

9 hours ago, spammie said:

From what someone told me on another social media forum you lose $200 per ticket.  I'm calling and cancelling and will NEVER book with Air2Sea again.  That experience has been nothing but unpleasant!

Wait!  We also booked Air2Sea for a ticket on Delta.  Delta specifically allows a refund if the ticket is canceled before the flight.  I’ll need to call Delta directly and ask how we will go about canceling our flight should we decide to back out. 

On top of all these changes to testing (now two separate test requirements) and masking, we’ve got a passport problem. DH initially sent his renewal end of April and it’s still “processing”. We managed to call them over a month ago and they agreed to expedite it (for a huge fee) but there’s been no visible movement. We set sail on 9/11.  

26 minutes ago, satchimosmom said:

Wait!  We also booked Air2Sea for a ticket on Delta.  Delta specifically allows a refund if the ticket is canceled before the flight.  I’ll need to call Delta directly and ask how we will go about canceling our flight should we decide to back out. 

The $200 is Air2Sea's cancellation fee, not Delta"s. You paid Air2Sea, who paid Delta, so if you cancel Delta will refund Air2Sea, who will take their $200 out of what they refund you 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The $200 is Air2Sea's cancellation fee, not Delta"s. You paid Air2Sea, who paid Delta, so if you cancel Delta will refund Air2Sea, who will take their $200 out of what they refund you 

Hi @satchimosmom, I believe DallasGuy75219 is correct. It was reported last year when many passengers had to cancel fights but they purchase their tickets thru 3rd party vendors or OTA’s(online travel agencies) think Expedia, Priceline, etc.,  the refunds if any went back to the ‘owners’ of the tickets. 

Pretty sure if you call DL, you will be told Air2Sea owns the ticket and you need to go thru them to cancel if you eventually need to. Air2Sea will charge a $200 cancellation fee per ticket, unless RCCL cancels. 

I thought a person reported Air2Sea tickets would be refunded if you did not like the newly released ‘protocols’, but your cruise is in September and the new protocols are for   ‘August’ so if they continue into September, you might have an out there to get a refund of all your cruise expenses to Royal.

Call Royal to confirm.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, exm said:

that might have something to do with the outbreak…

Absolutely big difference between sailing at 30-40% and sailing at 80%. I take it as it was 100% vaxed that there are no kids under 12 on board so these cases were adult to adult.

do we know if they were passengers or crew?

2 hours ago, wallyj said:

Hi @satchimosmom, I believe DallasGuy75219 is correct. It was reported last year when many passengers had to cancel fights but they purchase their tickets thru 3rd party vendors or OTA’s(online travel agencies) think Expedia, Priceline, etc.,  the refunds if any went back to the ‘owners’ of the tickets. 

Pretty sure if you call DL, you will be told Air2Sea owns the ticket and you need to go thru them to cancel if you eventually need to. Air2Sea will charge a $200 cancellation fee per ticket, unless RCCL cancels. 

I thought a person reported Air2Sea tickets would be refunded if you did not like the newly released ‘protocols’, but your cruise is in September and the new protocols are for   ‘August’ so if they continue into September, you might have an out there to get a refund of all your cruise expenses to Royal.

Call Royal to confirm.

I was told... still waiting for an email... that I will get a full refund including my Air2Sea tickets... will wait and see. I called back this morning.. since I hadn't received email confirming and again was assured it was all canceled. So I did not call the airlines. so now I am expecting an email tomorrow. Next step... do I proceed to final payment on a Nov cruise... or just cancel that too... hummm.... just wondering.

11 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Wish I was smiling with you....but I have to wait until August 28.  Almost the entire ship is mask free places.......it's just walking from the Schooner Bar to the Pub that you need to put a mask on.  I can deal with that short walk.....and occasional walk to eat.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Agree 100%.  Hate to see people cancel, but different strokes for different folks...I'll be having a blast, mask or no mask!

Good for you!!! I was on the AOS last week and it was wonderful! You can be mask free on Coco Cay and in dining areas. As vacation starved as I was a mask would not be cause me to cancel. Enjoy!!!!!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Struggling to understand why the CDC has any say over a ship sailing a Bahama flag, leaving a bahama port, and visiting places that AREN'T the United States or its territories.  😉

Possibly the Bahamas added the requirement. It is not unreasonable to think that various national health authorities have similar responses to changing conditions.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, broberts said:

Possibly the Bahamas added the requirement. It is not unreasonable to think that various national health authorities have similar responses to changing conditions.

I agree but they have said from the start that they are trying to mirror cdc requirements. 

So on a whim, I decided to see if the Bahamas health visa had opened for my arrival day, a little before midnight last night.  It had, and I was able to complete and submit it, with approval and payment made this morning.  I now have a health visa and don’t need to test for Bahamas entry.  Unfortunately, my husband, about 5 mins later than me, was not so fortunate.  

5 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

What happened? 

Between me logging in and filling out the application and him doing it a few minutes later, they updated the form with the test requirement 

He keeps joking that I’m going on this trip without him.  We applied for TSA Pre and I got mine in two days.  36 days later, his is still processing 

Edited by 3kidsncats

7 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

😳

So will he need two tests? This will be a deal breaker for me. Hard enough getting one. I have one scheduled for Wednesday august 18 but  CVS says they can not guarantee they will have tests that day due to inconsistent supply!

Just now, nich3cats said:

So will he need two tests? This will be a deal breaker for me. Hard enough getting one. I have one scheduled for Wednesday august 18 but  CVS says they can not guarantee they will have tests that day due to inconsistent supply!

Sorry meant for 3kidsncats

• Like 1

I believe that if Bahamas stays quick in approving health visa (within an hour)... one will be all that is needed... but if you are sailing on Saturday AOS... I would get my test... ideally a rapid test on Wed and then turn around and file the Health visa paperwork... you might want to fill out most of it in advance and then add the test results before filing. Not sure what you do if flying in early... perhaps you get one in the states for Bahamas and schedule another in Nassau or Miami if you are stopping there for a time before heading over.

• Like 1