Pescadoamarillo, please check in

avalong

Pescadoamarillo,

I've been following your blog and know that you're on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  I see that you've posted on the Princess board during your cruise so I'm hopeful you'll see this and let us know you're OK.  

• Like 7

Have you had a chance to read her travel blog:

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2021/08/day-4-glacier-bay-national-park-and-icy_0.html

She has mentioned previously that she is having internet issues,  That is most likely why she hasn't updated her blog since Wednesday.  I assume your concern relates to the sea plane tragedy in Ketchikan.  I don't think she was planning on that excursion, although I'm not certain.  However, I'm sure she will update her blog as soon as she's able.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, avalong said:

Pescadoamarillo,

I've been following your blog and know that you're on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  I see that you've posted on the Princess board during your cruise so I'm hopeful you'll see this and let us know you're OK.  

Waiting to hear from her as well, I’m sure she will check in Saturday. 

• Like 1

This is very concerning.   She had stated on her blog that she would post while in port where she could use WiFi and Ketchikan should have had plenty of places to post from.  In addition the ship was held in port for longer than planned on account of the tragedy so I hope and pray that her and her husband are both ok.

Edited by bluesea321
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Princess' most traveled passenger (MTP) of all-time is on the Nieuw Amsterdam as well and coming onto Majestic next week.  Eileen N_____?

Her name is Ilene Weiner. She and her husband Carl are on the Nieuw Amsterdam. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The family of two of the victims of the plane crash have released their information.  Such a tragedy.

https://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/napa-couple-killed-in-alaska-plane-crash/article_33ee0f8a-9201-5192-968e-34d3af3fa8c8.html

Hopefully Jeannie is up early tomorrow and comes back to post. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

The family of two of the victims of the plane crash have released their information.  Such a tragedy.

https://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/napa-couple-killed-in-alaska-plane-crash/article_33ee0f8a-9201-5192-968e-34d3af3fa8c8.html

Hopefully Jeannie is up early tomorrow and comes back to post. 

Thank you for sharing this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I'm sure they are fine.  Probably shaken a bit and saddened.  But fine.

I'm sure she is.  She booked it so last minute that they probably didn't have any of these type of tours booked.

• Like 2

Hello!  I’m touched by your concern, as well as by the many emails I received. We are fine, and just arrived in Seattle.  I’ve uploaded blog posts for the past three days, including some words from the captain yesterday about the crash. I’m sure you all know more than we do, though, as we have only seen one article and that was early on. 

Thanks again. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Hello!  I’m touched by your concern, as well as by the many emails I received. We are fine, and just arrived in Seattle.  I’ve uploaded blog posts for the past three days, including some words from the captain yesterday about the crash. I’m sure you all know more than we do, though, as we have only seen one article and that was early on. 

Thanks again. 

SO very happy to hear you're ok. Despite not knowing you, we've really enjoyed your blog and almost feel like we "know" you a bit from that. We've worried about you for the past several days. So glad to hear you're all right. So sorry for the passengers and pilot aboard the plane, very, very sad.

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thanks again. 

We've been following your blog and like so many others were worried. Thank you for checking back to let us know that you are okay! Safe travels for the rest of your journey and our thoughts are with all of your fellow cruisers on the ship.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. In my defense (which it feels a bit odd to even have to offer), short of sending up a smoke signal from the deck of the Nieuw Amsterdam, I had no way to communicate anything to anyone other than by phone call, and I made exactly one of those, to my mom. I figured most people in our lives wouldn’t even know about the crash, and those that did would figure that the odds were that we weren’t among the casualties. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thanks everyone. In my defense (which it feels a bit odd to even have to offer), short of sending up a smoke signal from the deck of the Nieuw Amsterdam, I had no way to communicate anything to anyone other than by phone call, and I made exactly one of those, to my mom. I figured most people in our lives wouldn’t even know about the crash, and those that did would figure that the odds were that we weren’t among the casualties. 

We did and since you are back and will be starting the next part of your journey, I’m going to go ahead and lock this thread.  

Bon Voyage for your sailing on the Majestic tomorrow! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1