FDR Stresses NCL Sailings Will Require Full Vaccinations

Robroy

FDR on Good Morning America today stressed that all NCL lines will require passengers + crew to be fully vaccinated. In light of the recent court decision, he had no comment in the event that Florida appealed the ruling. He gave a very intelligent rationale as to why the NCL policy makes sense. Fingers crossed that common and scientific sense prevails. We shall see...

Rob

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Robroy said:

FDR on Good Morning America today stressed that all NCL lines will require passengers + crew to be fully vaccinated. In light of the recent court decision, he had no comment in the event that Florida appealed the ruling. He gave a very intelligent rationale as to why the NCL policy makes sense. Fingers crossed that common and scientific sense prevails. We shall see...

Rob

Does that include third dose?  Are crew with Sinovac vaccine considered fully vaccinated?  Why don't they test antibody level to see who is actually (well) protected?

24 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Does that include third dose?  Are crew with Sinovac vaccine considered fully vaccinated?  Why don't they test antibody level to see who is actually (well) protected?

Mr. Levin, that would make too much sense and not fit the narrative.  

• Like 1

Do you think vaccinations will be required into 2023?  I know that's a long time away but do you think the cruising industry will want this all the time now?  Personally, I don't want this shot every year to be honest.  I get it now but don't want this as part of my yearly routine.  Just my opinion.

Edited by JVNYC
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bluestocking7 said:

Don't think anyone wants it as part of a yearly routine, but you do what you have to do.  I think Moderna is working on a combined flu/covid shot, so at least it would be only one jab a year.

Novavax is also working on the combination jab. Very promising results so far.

7 hours ago, JVNYC said:

Do you think vaccinations will be required into 2023?  I know that's a long time away but do you think the cruising industry will want this all the time now?  Personally, I don't want this shot every year to be honest.  I get it now but don't want this as part of my yearly routine.  Just my opinion.

Would it be any different than an annual flu shot?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Maybe they will require everyone to be waxed to minimize body hair in the hot tubs.

Which is a good reason not to use the hot tub!  Gross image I can’t manage to unsee!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 9:27 AM, JVNYC said:

I intend to get a shot every time I’m eligible. With the increasing numbers of breakthrough fatalities I want all the antibodies I can get. 

• Like 11