Live from Majestic Princess - August 15, 2021

WAussieSFO

2 hours ago, wondertwinsmom said:

Also, according to him Ombuds  description am I right to assume that the weather for Glacier Bay was once again rainy and with low Visibility like last week? After the first group posted such beautiful pictures I was hopeful but it seems that has not been the case for the rest of the sailings. Crossing my fingers that September will bring a few days of sun here and there 🤞

September in Alaska is my FAVORITE. In the 7ish years I lived there (on and off) I found September to be colder but typically a little drier. But I'm also more familiar with the Anchorage/Seward/Whittier area vs the Southeast so it might not hold true for that area. Hope you get great weather!

9 hours ago, SandySetsSail said:

These LIVE posts have been so helpful. I do have a question that I don’t believe has been asked yet: Are there any local Alaskan beers onboard? 

Yes! Here is what is available to order through the app:

Alaskan Husky IPA      $6.75

Alaskan Kolsh              $6.75

Alaskan White              $6.75

All available on the beverage plan. Hope this helps.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

Thank you, Ombud.  I sent an email yesterday to the grouponboardservices and heard nothing,  but now I will send it directly to Diana.  Is Jasper the CD?  

Jasper is the Hotel GM

Dan is the CD & i heard he's getting off

Diana Hall is working remotely and can only access the office email. But she will answer (or the supervisor Pam Dyachenko will) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Thank you so much! 

22 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

I am trying to set up a meet and greet for our Sept. 5 sailing.  I would appreciate it if you could tell me who your contact person was.

Quoting you just so you see this. 

I spoke with Miguel last night. He is on the Majestic Princess until it sails  to Mexico and then is moving to another start up ship. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Belle said:

PescadoAmarillo When you stayed on for the 2nd cruise did you have to get another

Medallion or just did they change information about new cabin number on the old one.

I have some b2b's coming up and would like to know.

Thank you.

We kept our same Medallion. We were told the battery in them lasts about 2-3 weeks. We were able to use it for our new cabin about 8am on turnaround day but it still worked for the old one long enough for us to move our things. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We kept our same Medallion. We were told the battery in them lasts about 2-3 weeks. We were able to use it for our new cabin about 8am on turnaround day but it still worked for the old one long enough for us to move our things. 

Good info on Medallion, Thanks! Mary & I are doing B2B2B beginning September 5th. Thankfully we don't have to change cabins. We are enjoying reading your Blog!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

I am trying to set up a meet and greet for our Sept. 5 sailing.  I would appreciate it if you could tell me who your contact person was.

I am on the September 12 sailing and have set up our Meet and Greet with a fantastic lady at   grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com

Just write to them and tell them what you want to do.

Edited by CruisinLow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Quoting you just so you see this. 

I spoke with Miguel last night. He is on the Majestic Princess until it sails  to Mexico and then is moving to another start up ship. 

Thank you!!

39 minutes ago, CruisinLow said:

I am on the September 12 sailing and have set up our Meet and Greet with a fantastic lady at   grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com

Just write to them and tell them what you want to do.

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClassyApplePie said:

October will be first time on Majestic. Question for CPAP users...is there an electrical outlet on the nightstand or behind the bed? 

Our cabin did not have one.  There were only two USB ports at the head of one bed.  The first thing I requested when we got on board was an extension cord, and they set it up that day and strung it across the room from the desk.  The steward removed it and coiled it every day, and I uncoiled it and plugged it back in every night.  We passed other open rooms during the cruise, and I saw extension cords in their rooms too.  The rooms in general didn't have many electrical outlets.  Our room had two US outlets (at the desk) and the two USB outlets (at the head of one bed).  There were also other country outlets.  We asked guest services for some adapters, and they said we'd have to buy them from the shops if we wanted them.

It appears from the last post that different cabin configurations may have different outlets.  It was easy enough to get a heavy-duty extension cord once you're on board, though.  You can also request distilled water through the personalizer for your cpap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ClassyApplePie said:

CC members are the BEST. Thank you for your responses and comments. October will be first time on Majestic. Question for CPAP users...is there an electrical outlet on the nightstand or behind the bed? 

The bedside lamps are plugged in behind the bed. You need one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pull the mattress away from the wall enough to see what you're doing. Unplug the lamp and use the adapter to power both the lamp and the CPAP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The bedside lamps are plugged in behind the bed. You need one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pull the mattress away from the wall enough to see what you're doing. Unplug the lamp and use the adapter to power both the lamp and the CPAP.

Thank you.

17 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

Most ports have some sort of local brews, too. I've been to Skagway Brewing Company, Devil's Club Brewing in Juneau, and had local beers at the restaurants in Icy Straight Point, as well as at a bar towards Hoonah. I saw Sitka has a microbrewery too, Harbor Mountain Brewing, which is about a mile from downtown. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, geoherb said:

Did anyone make a note on the breakdown of passengers by Captain's Circle level? The Captain's Circle host/hostess usually announces the details at the Captain's Circle parties. 

She did, but we didn’t have on to write it down. DH is going to try to get the details from her tonight or tomorrow and if he does I’ll post them. First place had 14xx days I think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DuncanBlizzard said:

Our cabin did not have one.  There were only two USB ports at the head of one bed.  The first thing I requested when we got on board was an extension cord, and they set it up that day and strung it across the room from the desk.  The steward removed it and coiled it every day, and I uncoiled it and plugged it back in every night.  We passed other open rooms during the cruise, and I saw extension cords in their rooms too.  The rooms in general didn't have many electrical outlets.  Our room had two US outlets (at the desk) and the two USB outlets (at the head of one bed).  There were also other country outlets.  We asked guest services for some adapters, and they said we'd have to buy them from the shops if we wanted them.

It appears from the last post that different cabin configurations may have different outlets.  It was easy enough to get a heavy-duty extension cord once you're on board, though.  You can also request distilled water through the personalizer for your cpap.

Thank you for response. We'll be prepared and bring extension cord.