CC-Suite reserve Aqualina/Prime C for every night on a 16 Day Cruise

lauterbogen

If noise levels on Azamara [outside of the MDR, which definitely can be noisy] are a problem, you might want to investigate the next smaller class of luxury yacht cruises.  My only experience [so far] in this category is Ponant, and I can say there was not a single area on our Ponant ship that was ever noisy [and the ship was at full capacity].

7 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

My only issue with the Living Room is the noise level. With loud music, hardly the place for a quiet drink.

If you pick your time you will be ok. From memory (it's a while since I cruised!) there is normally something going on 6.30 to 7pm and then a little later. I also pick where I sit. I usually sit down the side at the back toward the entrance. Makes a big difference.  I don't deal well with too many dBs. 

Phil 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If you pick your time you will be ok. From memory (it's a while since I cruised!) there is normally something going on 6.30 to 7pm and then a little later. I also pick where I sit. I usually sit down the side at the back toward the entrance. Makes a big difference.  I don't deal well with too many dBs. 

Phil 

Good tips, Phil. Thanks!

• Like 2

Specialty restaurants have fixed menus.  You will likely get tired of seeing the same menu after a few nights.  We just stayed at a beautiful property.  We booked our room with meals. We thought of it as our cruise on land.  For the most part, it was like a cruise. The dining room was beautiful. The service was exquisite. The dinner menu was very good, but didn’t change. After a few nights, we got tired of that menu.  It got boring.  On Az, we usually dine in Aquilina and Prime C a few times. The MDR and the buffet were really nice. One of our favorites is the outside grill area. At night, there is white table clothes and table service. Food is freshly grilled. Choices are great.  Sitting outside is also good. In summer, scenery can be pleasant.    Eating in a variety of venues can be interesting.  

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Specialty restaurants have fixed menus.  You will likely get tired of seeing the same menu after a few nights.  We just stayed at a beautiful property.  We booked our room with meals. We thought of it as our cruise on land.  For the most part, it was like a cruise. The dining room was beautiful. The service was exquisite. The dinner menu was very good, but didn’t change. After a few nights, we got tired of that menu.  It got boring.  On Az, we usually dine in Aquilina and Prime C a few times. The MDR and the buffet were really nice. One of our favorites is the outside grill area. At night, there is white table clothes and table service. Food is freshly grilled. Choices are great.  Sitting outside is also good. In summer, scenery can be pleasant.    Eating in a variety of venues can be interesting.  

That's exactly how I feel. 

Phil

• Like 2

We ate In The Specialty Restaurants every night on our last 14 day cruise, alternating between the. venues.    There were always specials in each restaurant, different meats, fish and pasta even desserts.   One was open on White Night so we had an early dinner before joining in the festivities that evening.

I love the food in the speciality restaurants, but do find them a bit quiet. We love to share tables and meet new people and really enjoy this in Discoveries MDR. We usually buy a 3 dinner package for the speciality restaurants and enjoy our 3 meals there, although I tend to find that there’s too much food. I know you can miss courses out, but it’s all so nice!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I love the food in the speciality restaurants, but do find them a bit quiet. We love to share tables and meet new people and really enjoy this in Discoveries MDR. We usually buy a 3 dinner package for the speciality restaurants and enjoy our 3 meals there, although I tend to find that there’s too much food. I know you can miss courses out, but it’s all so nice!

I am more into an intimate kind of experience when I am either alone or with my wofe or a friend of mine chillin silently, being far away from the rest of the tables. I hate all this noise and loud visitors.. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I am more into an intimate kind of experience when I am either alone or with my wofe or a friend of mine chillin silently, being far away from the rest of the tables. I hate all this noise and loud visitors.. 

Then you will be better in Prime C & Aqualina.

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I prefer to be in a group of people I know if I do join others in the specialities - its not the sort of place for random "speed dating" tables for me.  And if you are not in a suite and are paying I would hate to waste money on a dining experience with company that did not work for me.  (Thats the Scot in me coming out!) So we either go just the two of us, which we enjoy, or with two or four others we have met either on this cruise or are long standing cruising friends.

• Like 3