Whaletail taking on the biggest Whaletails of all B2B on Mardi Gras 8/21-28/21 And 8/28- 9/4

34 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I always thought people parked scooters in their cabins.  Are the doorways too small for the scooters?  I can't remember seeing scooters parked in the hallways.

That would be quite a hazard in the event of an emergency - I also thought they were required to keep them in their staterooms.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I always thought people parked scooters in their cabins.  Are the doorways too small for the scooters?  I can't remember seeing scooters parked in the hallways.

Found the answer on Carnival website:

Due to safety considerations, devices cannot be stored in corridors or public areas. In order to purchase a standard stateroom, devices must be able to fit in its 22" (55.9 cm) wide entry doorway, and when stored, must allow for safe exit from the stateroom. Guests, who bring scooters that are larger than 21" (53.34 cm) wide, or travel with multiple scooters in the same stateroom, must purchase a fully accessible stateroom with a wider doorway (32”, 81.3 cm), or rent a smaller scooter appropriately suited for their stateroom. Guests may be required to have their scooters sized at the time of check-in to ensure it fits in the stateroom. Scooters that do not fit in the stateroom will not be allowed on board. Should a guest be unable to make alternate arrangements to rent a smaller scooter or travel without it, he/she will be denied boarding and no compensation will be provided.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Arriving and departing San Juan is a beautiful site!

Sight. Yeah, we've been able to see it in daylight and night. Sailaway for cruises starting from San Juan usually depart at 10:00pm.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

So…..why are these people being allowed to park their scooters in the hallway?

Well I think it's because the rooms don't have much space for them.  The scooter companies rent one that is narrow enough for the regular doors, but most of these cabins have only a little bit of walkway space and that thing is going to almost completely fill what little there is.  I'm not saying it's okay. The hallways are inconsistent in their width as well. The one in this photo is adequately wide that having the scooter there (if it were up against the wall) would really not be a big deal.  A few of the hallways are pretty narrow.

Of course the policy is going to explain how things should be, but when your cruise ship is 2/3 full and you have a guest onboard who didn't realize the extent of the problem until you sailed off, you're going to try to help solve their problem if you can, even if it's a stretch of the rules. Again, not saying there should ever be any flexibility in the rules. But there will be. 

• Like 2

Just now, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I thought the Dream/Vista class were huge ships, Well they honestly don’t hold a candlestick to the Mardi Gras it feels like you are on one of those ships towering over a Fantasy class. 

Agree....when we cruised on Vista we felt it was just too crowded to our liking so I can't even begin to imagine how MG will be at full sailing capacity!

16 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

So…..why are these people being allowed to park their scooters in the hallway?

16 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Well I think it's because the rooms don't have much space for them.  The scooter companies rent one that is narrow enough for the regular doors, but most of these cabins have only a little bit of walkway space and that thing is going to almost completely fill what little there is.  I'm not saying it's okay. The hallways are inconsistent in their width as well. The one in this photo is adequately wide that having the scooter there (if it were up against the wall) would really not be a big deal.  A few of the hallways are pretty narrow.

Of course the policy is going to explain how things should be, but when your cruise ship is 2/3 full and you have a guest onboard who didn't realize the extent of the problem until you sailed off, you're going to try to help solve their problem if you can, even if it's a stretch of the rules. Again, not saying there should ever be any flexibility in the rules. But there will be. 

It is against the rules to park scooters in the hallway.  If someone is going to drop 200 to rent a scooter from scootaround, they should do their homework, but obviously they don't.  They probably ask if the Scootaround scooters will fit in the doorways and they will, but then there is no room for them inside the cabin unless the person is staying in a HC room that is fully accessible.  There are ambulatory rooms available, but they are the same size as a regular cabin that has grab bars installed for assistance.  There are collapsible scooters on the market available for sale that will fit under the bed, and others that will self fold with the push of a button, but these are not available for rent.  Only available for purchase in the 2000-2200 range.  But these types of scooters could fit in a regular cabin, but of course would be easier to manage in a HC cabin.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Agree....when we cruised on Vista we felt it was just too crowded to our liking so I can't even begin to imagine how MG will be at full sailing capacity!

You do have 23 other ships in the fleet as well as other lines to sail on.  There is always going to be space available, you just need to seek it out.    You also need to adjust your expectations.  If having all of the upgrades and venues that are available on the Excel Class does not outweigh your need to have space, then choose accordingly and pick another ship.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You do have 23 other ships in the fleet as well as other lines to sail on.  There is always going to be space available, you just need to seek it out.    You also need to adjust your expectations.  If having all of the upgrades and venues that are available on the Excel Class does not outweigh your need to have space, then choose accordingly and pick another ship.

Thanks for the input.....we have gift cards to use for Carnival.  We are platinum on Carnival and when we lived in Florida it was so easy to drive to any port.  We finally branched out of comfort zone and tried another cruise line before COVID hit and we definitely will be trying other lines as well.  We enjoyed the entertainment of BB King's on Osterdam, the live music was fantastic and the food was top notch!

I am thoroughly enjoying these live reviews for sure!