Whaletail taking on the biggest Whaletails of all B2B on Mardi Gras 8/21-28/21 And 8/28- 9/4

1 hour ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Went and saw the world works here show, I will upload that video tomorrow since it’s twelve minutes long and a two minute long video took forty five minutes to upload.

walking into dinner this dude and his wife are leaving angry saying everyone was going to get bad reviews and wouldn’t wait to speak to a supervisor? I guess it was because they waited fifteen minutes before they got seated? Like what? 

What exactly is wrong with people?

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Nom nom nom. Seriously though, what are you going to have for dinner tomorrow night?

I have no idea I have eaten so much veal Marsala and not having to cook or pay for food? I dunno how I am going to be able to function after fourteen days away lol

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2021 at 6:05 PM, mondello said:

I thought for sure that your buddy would be a table mate at Teppanyaki? I love to peoplewatch sometimes and seems like I often see the same people multiple times during cruises.

Oh he's not paying extra for food or going where it's limited.  He's in the MDR ordering multiples of every course.

• Haha 1

@WhaleTailFlCruiser I wish you an easy debark process and joys of a rather non-cruising sort as you return to your dog and your hard-working nurse. Please pass on to her my thanks for her service at this truly terrible time for our health care workers. I hope she cruises with you next time, for your benefit as well as her own. 

Your B2B has brought me much enjoyment (and yes, an eensy bit of jealousy) as the truth of my own 7 day experience on MG was, while wonderful and improving in memory, simply not long enough. Further, the ship is adding new shows and changing in other ways as it finds its rhythm.  Your reporting means that much more as I have the "where it happens" context to take in your observations. 

I will miss the veal marsala and orange soda virtual dinners and the observations of fellow cruisers with their quirky behaviors.  I hope the friends you have found here in this social media world help you overcome some of your shyness out there where the people are. Travel safe to the other coast and once again, many thanks to you sir. 

• Like 8

20 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Do you prefer Guy's Fries or Shaq's fries?

Good question! Personally, at this moment in time (perhaps because they're new to me) I'd say Shaq's! There seems to be a higher chance of getting fries past their prime at Guy's - though I've had many more opportunities to spin that wheel!

Tom

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

walking into dinner this dude and his wife are leaving angry saying everyone was going to get bad reviews and wouldn’t wait to speak to a supervisor? I guess it was because they waited fifteen minutes before they got seated? Like what? 

Must have been one of those "laid back" Carnival cruisers, lol

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got home I stopped at Urgent Care and got Xrays of my foot since it is really black and blue and I have a fracture in there not a full break. So Thanks Lady for sending me home injured. 

Anywho, This cruise reminded me why I have missed and love cruising so much. 

MG is a real game changer for Carnival as will the entire class be as such. It will be hard for anyone to bounce back down to a Spirit/Fantasy or even conquest class after having Sailed on MG/Excel class. 

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Just got home I stopped at Urgent Care and got Xrays of my foot since it is really black and blue and I have a fracture in there not a full break. So Thanks Lady for sending me home injured. 

MG is a real game changer for Carnival as will the entire class be as such. It will be hard for anyone to bounce back down to a Spirit/Fantasy or even conquest class after having Sailed on MG/Excel class. 

just one question,  now that you got me home who is going to cook for me???  or make my bed??  or do my laundry!   😁😁🤣😂

again thanks for letting me tag along!!

hugs

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

oh no! I can't believe that the lady didn't stop or anything. That's awful. I hope your foot heals fast. 

Thank you for the great review. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Good question! Personally, at this moment in time (perhaps because they're new to me) I'd say Shaq's! There seems to be a higher chance of getting fries past their prime at Guy's - though I've had many more opportunities to spin that wheel!

Tom

I second Tom's vote for the Big Chicken fries. I like the flat cut and the seasoning and they were just GOOD. The cut gives them a lot of surface area to develop a great crisp and leave very little fluffy mealiness in side. Memorably good, like only get fries this good every ten years or so. And I don't remember the Guy's fries being good enough to say that after having them on 2 prior Carnival cruises (but not my most recent a few weeks ago).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

So sorry about your injury. If only you knew a nurse who could help treat things like that for you. 🙂

I hope to test your theory about going backward to a smaller ship before the year is out. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

So sorry about your injury. If only you knew a nurse who could help treat things like that for you. 🙂

I hope to test your theory about going backward to a smaller ship before the year is out. 

She is at work until 7pm But she is coming over tonight with my dog in tow lol 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Your "medical treatments" are your own business.

A nurse with benefits might be just what he needs to get his mind off his foot.  LOL.

Thanks Whaletail for taking us along on your B2B cruises.  I appreciate you taking the time to post about the ship and experiences.  It sounds like, all in all, you had a very good time and really like the ship.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

It will be hard for anyone to bounce back down to a Spirit/Fantasy or even conquest class after having Sailed on MG/Excel class. 

They are my sentiments exactly.  My last Fantasy Class cruise was 11 years ago,  Spirit Class 10 years ago,  Dream Class, 8 years ago,  Freedom Class 6 years ago.  They are all in my rear view mirror.  I would only sail on the Vista Class again for the Havana area, but I feel that the Excel Class is truly a game changer for the line.   

I have 20 sailings on Carnival over 35 years, but have 5 bookings on Excel Class over the next 16 months.  I back up my opinion with my wallet.

• Like 1