Whaletail taking on the biggest Whaletails of all B2B on Mardi Gras 8/21-28/21 And 8/28- 9/4

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Taking the easy way out again.   Just like the Guy's vs Shaq's fries question, LOL.

Technically my dog got to me first but that is because I am icing and elevating my foot currently but well I haven't seen my girlfriend in two weeks so dirty dirty things happened......... Anywho..........

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Technically my dog got to me first but that is because I am icing and elevating my foot currently but well I haven't seen my girlfriend in two weeks so dirty dirty things happened......... Anywho..........

Shhhhhh.....what's said in here, stays in here.....Yeah, right! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

KMom will be so jealous. 😆

• Haha 5

On 9/4/2021 at 1:21 PM, KmomChicago said:

I second Tom's vote for the Big Chicken fries. I like the flat cut and the seasoning and they were just GOOD. The cut gives them a lot of surface area to develop a great crisp and leave very little fluffy mealiness in side. Memorably good, like only get fries this good every ten years or so. And I don't remember the Guy's fries being good enough to say that after having them on 2 prior Carnival cruises (but not my most recent a few weeks ago).

I totally agree!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:49 PM, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Just got home I stopped at Urgent Care and got Xrays of my foot since it is really black and blue and I have a fracture in there not a full break. So Thanks Lady for sending me home injured. 

Anywho, This cruise reminded me why I have missed and love cruising so much. 

MG is a real game changer for Carnival as will the entire class be as such. It will be hard for anyone to bounce back down to a Spirit/Fantasy or even conquest class after having Sailed on MG/Excel class. 

So sorry to hear about your foot! Hope it heals quickly.

I totally agree with you about MG. We were on the third sailing. We are looking at cruises for next year and I find myself comparing every ship to MG and being disappointed. But I am a bit worried about what MG will be like if/when we get back to full capacity.

15 hours ago, pc2425 said:

So sorry to hear about your foot! Hope it heals quickly.

I totally agree with you about MG. We were on the third sailing. We are looking at cruises for next year and I find myself comparing every ship to MG and being disappointed. But I am a bit worried about what MG will be like if/when we get back to full capacity.

Even though it is not as big as Royals Harmony. When on the Harmony, full up. You were never with a crowd of people other than when they had a special and a lot showed up. That was twice during the cruise. Hopefully they will split a lot as not to have many in one place at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Shaq fries don’t need ketchup 

Then they ARE excellent. We have tried so many different frozen fry's at home and found ONE that is excellent. We deep fry. Must have clean oil. Believe it or not and you got to try them. Great Value REGULAR cut fry's. Not crinkle cut. Yes! Walmart brand. Inexpensive. Have not tried their season fry's. These are so good, no need to try anything else anymore. No need for ketchup on these either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Shaq fries don’t need ketchup 

Had read somewhere where someone thought the seasoning was different when they had the fries in the morning with the bacon/egg/cheese sandwich than they were at lunch time with the chicken sandwich. 

9 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Even though it is not as big as Royals Harmony. When on the Harmony, full up. You were never with a crowd of people other than when they had a special and a lot showed up. That was twice during the cruise. Hopefully they will split a lot as not to have many in one place at the same time.

Having cruised Oasis class I agree the ships rarely feel crowded - though there were comedy shows that were full and turned many people away, at least one main theatre show the same - and it's a pretty big theatre, some of the pools and sports deck areas got pretty full, etc. 

One thing I really liked about MG and it may seem like no big deal, is that the trivia games were in rooms with adequate space - typically the Limelight Lounge (of the evil ledge) or the Smokehouse.  On our prior Carnival cruises I was always annoyed these were in the atrium, always in the atrium, and only in the atrium, which was awkward as it's not really an organized space, and often had too little seating. 

If they keep using spaces intelligently I think they can manage crowds a lot of the time even as the numbers rise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Had read somewhere where someone thought the seasoning was different when they had the fries in the morning with the bacon/egg/cheese sandwich than they were at lunch time with the chicken sandwich. 

I don’t think so.

2 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I don't see the appeal of an Oasis class, After you have done it once why bother doing it again? Sure they are gigantic but Royals other ships ext all have some of the same bells and whistles. I digress though. 

In a word: Food

In another word: Evening entertainment 

2 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I don't see the appeal of an Oasis class, After you have done it once why bother doing it again? Sure they are gigantic but Royals other ships ext all have some of the same bells and whistles. I digress though. 

The Central Park is an amazing space for a cruiseship and probably the best feature of the Oasis class.

• Like 3

On 8/22/2021 at 2:25 PM, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Gonna take a hazard and say the marriage doesn’t last that long 

My wife of 10 1/2 years and I met online on the 18th of January, 2012.  We were engaged on my birthday on Feb 4th, 17 days later.  Married on February 29th, on Leap Day.  Sometimes, it is meant to be... ❤️

• Like 4

23 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

15 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t think so.

Actually I think that's right. They are different. The breakfast ones are the ones I remember. Those are the ones I like. These lunch ones look different. I'm thinking I didn't eat the lunch fries because I was always trying squeeze in another lunch like the street eats or sea dogs.

FE288DEB-2D79-4731-B99B-15816C4FE957.thu

F80C0D07-1D17-4A72-A6BD-33BC4448809B.jpe

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Actually I think that's right. They are different. The breakfast ones are the ones I remember. Those are the ones I like. These lunch ones look different. I'm thinking I didn't eat the lunch fries because I was always trying squeeze in another lunch like the street eats or sea dogs.

FE288DEB-2D79-4731-B99B-15816C4FE957.thu

F80C0D07-1D17-4A72-A6BD-33BC4448809B.jpe

The breakfast ones look to be more seasoned,  maybe paprika, possibly a little thinner as well.  Really looking forward to Big Chicken next month.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Oasis Class ships have one thing that most other Royal ships don't and none of Carnival ships have.  That is Royal Suite Class with a private restaurant and lounge along with other extended suite amenities.  When Carnival added the Excel Suites, they didn't add enough perks to match the price they charge.  A mistake IMHO and a reason to pick Royal over Carnival for suites.   

17 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Oasis Class ships have one thing that most other Royal ships don't and none of Carnival ships have.  That is Royal Suite Class with a private restaurant and lounge along with other extended suite amenities.  When Carnival added the Excel Suites, they didn't add enough perks to match the price they charge.  A mistake IMHO and a reason to pick Royal over Carnival for suites.   

True - the Excel suites fell short (no coffee makers to name one of the most trivial, but useful, things they COULD have done... actually they planned on it, but pulled that little perk at the last minute!). But, they do include a nice set of binoculars for your use!  😄

NCL has a leg up on Royal's suite perks though, IMO.

i-dqx83SG-XL.jpg

i-Nd3sPWg-L.jpg

53 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

True - the Excel suites fell short (no coffee makers to name one of the most trivial, but useful, things they COULD have done... actually they planned on it, but pulled that little perk at the last minute!). But, they do include a nice set of binoculars for your use!  😄

NCL has a leg up on Royal's suite perks though, IMO.

i-dqx83SG-XL.jpg

Lol, about the binoculars.  A nice touch, but so many other amenities could have been added without a lot of extra cost for Carnival.  The coffeepot is one of them.  Offering MDR room service would be another.  There aren't that many excel suites, so the personnel impact wouldn't be great.  I still haven't experienced The Haven on Norwegian, but it is on my wish list.  

18 hours ago, RoperDK said:

I don't sail suites usually so that doesn't move the needle for me what so ever. Think I have sailed in a suite like twice. 

39 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I don't sail suites usually so that doesn't move the needle for me what so ever. Think I have sailed in a suite like twice. 

True - and most people don't sail in suites. It's a small subset of cruisers. Some people pick a suite just for the extra space (more so on Carnival) others for the amenities or perks (NCL, Celebrity, Royal).

Tom

• Like 1