Any Perks for booking a B2B

LMHSRN

On 8/20/2021 at 7:28 PM, jg51 said:

Now that sounds very special, "sunpsyche."

Could you please mention the name of the ship?  (Sorry if it is in your "signature," which we are not able to see.)

Thank you.

It was the Summit out of St Maarten, 6/24 and 6/31 sailings. I didn’t mean to sound like it was only us. Everyone on the B2B was offered this. 

22 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

In Jan 2021, I booked a B2B (7 days each) on the Apex for Feb 2022 with one of those huge popular TA's. It's got a brick & mortar address, but I think only reserves over the internet. They had a good sale going on, and decent perks on top of Celebrity's.  But I was not aware of any B2B discount, so I didn't know to ask for any.  On your invoice, is there a special code signifying that it's a B2B discount, or is it just listed as a discount?  And, it's a reduction of cruise fare, not OBC, correct?

Once I have my facts in a row I'll have to call on Monday and try to get it fixed.  

Just a discount and no impact on OBC.

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

Disagree. I have in the past and currently have and the B2B discounts were applied immediately.   Invoices have always showed it. Plus I have a fantastic memory and my claim is 100% accurate. Are you speaking from own personal experiences?  If so, bummer.

Hello, "davekathy."

You must be having a bad day.  We can tell that you did not read this whole thread, because you are asking us a question [made bold, above] that we already answered (on this page, in post #38, where we wrote this:

"In six of our seven Celebrity back-to-backs, there was this kind of delay in the application of the discounts.  The only time there was no delay was when we booked consecutive cruises,  less than three weeks before the first embarkation day.  In that case, the Celebrity Vacation Planner [VP] was authorized to deduct the applicable discounts (100 + 50) immediately, because we were in the midst of immediately paying, in full, for both cruises, over the phone.  [Even then, however, the first (and only) edition of the invoices showed balances due of 100 and 50, respectively -- which the VP (correctly) assured us would vanish after the accountants would work on the case in the near future.] "

At least three other members have posted similar comments about delayed application of the discounts.  We find your better luck (if you really did experience it) to be inexplicable!  Maybe you have some kind of special status with Celebrity (such as being an employee or a stockholder), resulting in unusual privileges.

16 hours ago, davekathy said:

@Birdnuttyalso the B2B discounts are for each leg of the B2B bookings. Not just one leg of the B2B bookings.  

As we just stated above, "davekathy" ... We can tell that you did not read this whole thread.  This time, we can tell because we already stated -- in post #10, on page 1 -- what you just repeated (about application of discounts to both legs of back-to-back sailings). 

We strongly recommend that all members avoid posting messages on threads that they have not fully read -- to avoid repetition of information (which entails a waste of time for the writing members and for everyone who is forced to read the same things repeatedly).  We have seen cases in which exactly the same information is posted by five to ten different people, simply because they have not fully read a thread.

Now, dear friend, if you will claim that you indeed did read the whole thread before commenting, then you will be contradicting the rather incredible claim that you made above: "I have a fantastic memory and my claim is 100% accurate."  We are all human.  We all make mistakes.  We all have imperfect memories.

Have a beautiful day!

Edited by jg51
  • Haha 2

On 8/20/2021 at 1:13 PM, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

You will also receive the perk of being notified the day before disembarkation that you cannot stay on for the next sailing if you are identified as a close contact, regardless of your 2 tests showing negative.

That’s surprising.  Did that happen to you?  Did they arrange transportation home or cover any airline change fees.  

5 minutes ago, jg51 said:

Hello, "davekathy."

You must be having a bad day.  We can tell that you did not read this whole thread, because you are asking us a question [made bold, above] that we already answered (on this page, in post #38, where we wrote this:

"In six of our seven Celebrity back-to-backs, there was this kind of delay in the application of the discounts.  The only time there was no delay was when we booked consecutive cruises,  less than three weeks before the first embarkation day.  In that case, the Celebrity Vacation Planner [VP] was authorized to deduct the applicable discounts (100 + 50) immediately, because we were in the midst of immediately paying, in full, for both cruises, over the phone.  [Even then, however, the first (and only) edition of the invoices showed balances due of 100 and 50, respectively -- which the VP (correctly) assured us would vanish after the accountants would work on the case in the near future.] "

At least three other members have posted similar comments about delayed application of the discounts.  We find your better luck (if you really did experience it) to be inexplicable!  Maybe you have some kind of special status with Celebrity (such as being an employee or a stockholder), resulting in unusual privileges.

As we just stated above, "davekathy" ... We can tell that you did not read this whole thread.  This time, we can tell because we already stated -- in post #10, on page 1 -- what you just repeated (about application of discounts to both legs of back-to-back sailings). 

We strongly recommend that all members avoid posting messages on threads that they have not fully read -- to avoid repetition of information (which entails a waste of time for the writing members and for everyone who is forced to read the same things repeatedly).  We have seen cases in which exactly the same information is posted by five to ten different people, simply because they have not fully read a thread.

Now, dear friend, if you will claim that you indeed did read the whole thread before commenting, then you will be contradicting the rather incredible claim that you made above: "I have a fantastic memory and my claim is 100% accurate."  We are all human.  We all make mistakes.  We all have imperfect memories.

Have a beautiful day!

Thanks for the laugh. Absolutely, 100% no mistake(s), did not forget or have a senior moment on my part concerning this issue. Now you can only speak for yourself on that.  😂 Anyway, wrong assumption we as I wasn't having a bad day. Just sharing my experiences with the B2B discounts and forgot to mention the veterans discounts I also receive have never been delayed when making our bookings. I never book our cruises thru the internet, I always speak with a Celebrity agent onboard, or over the phone including few bookings with a TA. The discounts were always applied immediately (no matter who I booked with) and reflected in the balance due on the invoices. FYI, nothing special with my relationship with Celebrity. If your experiences are different, so be it. Don't assume I wrong just because we think is right. BTW, I elected not to read all of this we rant. Cheers. 🍷

On the very few B2Bs we've done, our TA was right on top of that.  Credit on first invoice.

Can't say what happens if you book with Celebrity.  We've never done that, except for aboard ship, and then had the booking moved to our TA.

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Thanks for the laugh. Absolutely, 100% no mistake(s), did not forget or have a senior moment on my part concerning this issue. Now you can only speak for yourself on that.  😂 Anyway, wrong assumption we as I wasn't having a bad day. Just sharing my experiences with the B2B discounts and forgot to mention the veterans discounts I also receive have never been delayed when making our bookings. I never book our cruises thru the internet, I always speak with a Celebrity agent onboard, or over the phone including few bookings with a TA. The discounts were always applied immediately (no matter who I booked with) and reflected in the balance due on the invoices. FYI, nothing special with my relationship with Celebrity. If your experiences are different, so be it. Don't assume I wrong just because we think is right. BTW, I elected not to read all of this we rant. Cheers. 🍷

I wish I could hit the triple on this davekathy; like, HA HA and Thanks!  Like you, I make my bookings on the phone with Celebrity.  We review everything, I provide my CC info and they send me an email confirmation, I review it while on the phone with the CSR, bingo all confirmed!  We hope you have a beautiful day!  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That’s surprising.  Did that happen to you?  Did they arrange transportation home or cover any airline change fees.  

Yes it happened to them on the Equinox.  They had to disembark last Sunday.

1 hour ago, jg51 said:

We have seen cases in which exactly the same information is posted by five to ten different people, simply because they have not fully read a thread.

LOL, that's a huge assumption that you are making. I'd suggest that instead of failure to read the thread, people simply choose to express an opinion or contribute information to a thread whether or not someone else already has posted similar or even identical information. Speaking from personal experience, in many cases, the person posing the question is reassured when the same answer is provided by multiple posters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We booked some B2B cruises while on the Edge in July. One was a 9 night and the other a 10 night. We received $50 discount on 9 night and $100 on 10 night. 

We booked 2 seven nights B2B and received $50 discount on each leg. We were told it would take a few days to apply the discount and they would send the invoices to our room once applied. We got the invoices 2 or 3 days later with the credit applied.

Celebrity transferred the bookings to our TA and the invoices from him also had the credits on them.

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I wish I could hit the triple on this davekathy; like, HA HA and Thanks!  Like you, I make my bookings on the phone with Celebrity.  We review everything, I provide my CC info and they send me an email confirmation, I review it while on the phone with the CSR, bingo all confirmed!  We hope you have a beautiful day!  

I learn something new every time I log into CC. That is, not everyone's experiences are the same for the same subject matter. One size doesn't fit all.  I'll be the first to admit I have made the assumption that if that was my experience (fill in the subject matter here) it's everyone's experience. Wrong! So if anything we all can lean from others shared experiences. 

Edited by davekathy

In addition to the b2b discounts, lunch - there is an “in-transit” pass that allows you to leave the ship ASAP.

When on turn around we leave with the self disembarkation, get a cab and go out for a nice breakfast, shopping and return to the ship by 11am. Show our in-transit pass and bypass the new guest waiting to board.

In Europe, we get off early and do an independent tour, usually with other b2b cruisers.

Hal

• Like 1

Only restriction with the in-transit pass I believe is you can't reboard the ship until boarding for the new sailing starts somewhere between 11 and 12.  But you don't have to go through any of the checkin lines.   Of course who knows if this is a bit different now with the new health restrictions, may vary by port.

• Like 1

Also those considering doing a B2B your onboard account will be closed at the end of the first leg.  So if you have any non refundable OBC (from Celebrity) use it all on the first leg as it will not carry over to the second leg. Use it or lose it. In our experiences all or any remaining refundable OBCs (from a TA) has always been credited back to the credit card Celebrity has on file.