No test results yet , yikes !!!

14 minutes ago, Harrylinden said:

We are cruising in December and we are worried we won't be able to find a place to even get the test? My husband hasn't felt well for a week now and we want to get a covid test for him and there is NO WHERE open to even get the test!  We both are vaccinated.(All appointments are taken) With covid ramping up and the new Lamda variant and a new one yet to be named in the US people are gonna want tests and the strain on labs will probably be strained.I honestly think if cruiselines want us to get covid tests,they should be given at the pier! This is just a worry on everyone wanting to cruise!

Which state/country are you in?

Use Google Maps with "Covid testing near [location]"

You can also straight Google, "Covid testing in [location]"

Most states have set up testing coordination websites, so don't think you are constrained to your normal doc, CVS, and Wal-greens.

13 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

Which state/country are you in?

Use Google Maps with "Covid testing near [location]"

You can also straight Google, "Covid testing in [location]"

Most states have set up testing coordination websites, so don't think you are constrained to your normal doc, CVS, and Wal-greens.

I did that also.We live in a college town ( WVU) 🙄 and the students are taking up all the appointments!!  SMDH

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harrylinden said:

I did that also.We live in a college town ( WVU) 🙄 and the students are taking up all the appointments!!  SMDH

Dang partying nincompoops!! 

West Virginia's state website for Covid Testing (for your back pocket): https://dhhr.wv.gov/covid-19/pages/testing.aspx

Edited by LadyShiva

On 8/19/2021 at 2:34 PM, Bleueyes44 said:

Had my test 2 days ago lab said hasn't  received it yet (Walgreens).  Just call and they said it could take another 7 days cruise leaves tomorrow.   Looks like I'll  be running around Seattle  for a rapid test hope I can find one.

I'm sailing 9/12.  I have started looking for where I can get a rapid test (some places will not give unless you have symptoms).  Rite aid, Walgreens and one CVS told me labs are getting very busy and result times are 3-7 days for PCR. Soooooo have to get a rapid test. 

20 hours ago, LadyShiva said:

Dang partying nincompoops!! 

West Virginia's state website for Covid Testing (for your back pocket): https://dhhr.wv.gov/covid-19/pages/testing.aspx

They are requiring all college students in the UNC system to get tested or submit vaccinations before returning to campus. I’m on a parent Facebook group and they are driving over a hour to find tests.i think it is just a perfect storm of more tests needed right now. It should slow down when all universities back. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Harrylinden said:

We are cruising in December and we are worried we won't be able to find a place to even get the test? My husband hasn't felt well for a week now and we want to get a covid test for him and there is NO WHERE open to even get the test!  We both are vaccinated.(All appointments are taken) With covid ramping up and the new Lamda variant and a new one yet to be named in the US people are gonna want tests and the strain on labs will probably be strained.I honestly think if cruiselines want us to get covid tests,they should be given at the pier! This is just a worry on everyone wanting to cruise!

Since you have some time go to emed.com and do a monitored at home test.  they are accepted at this time and is what we are doing because we will be traveling ahead of our cruise and don't want the hassle of looking for a local place to get a test.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SRF said:

It is amazing.  In the US, you get a PCR test and the results are back in several days to a week or so.

I got a PCR test in Romania last month to return to the US.  The cheaper option was 12 -  24 hours for results (I got mine in about 18 hours), or for a bit more, it was 6 hour turn around.

We had RT-Lamp PCR tests performed in Buffalo with results back in an hour.  It was over $200 US for the tests though.

On 8/19/2021 at 2:59 PM, tserface said:

The timing of getting PCR test results back within 3 days (especially if people have to travel) is pretty crazy.  If the cruise line is going to require this for everyone they should provide it for a fee at the dock instead of making people try to figure it out and live in fear of not making the cruise.

I guess this is a warning to not try to do the PCR test within the 3 day period and only do the Antigen test, but I've heard that the Antigen test gives more false positives 😞

I hope you made it to the cruise OK.

We cruise in October and just searching around to see options, although there are several places near me that offer antigen, they are all booked 2 weeks out. Back when we traveled in June, I had no problem finding an appointment.

I live near the Canadian border in WA, with high transmission rates combining with a flood of people needing tests to enter Canada making a test almost impossible to get, and then message boards are reporting over 3 days to get results back. The only antigen tests open up for appointments two days ahead and are snapped up quickly, and then they won't book antigen unless you have symptoms. There's simply no way I want to risk it for an Ovation sailing in two weeks. What's even more galling is that I received an appointment request form from RCL for testing at the pier, since they evidently think I'm an unvaccinated 10 year old. Charge me $300 a test if I don't have results, don't make me run around the city looking for a test and then leave me at the pier anyway, as they did to folks in Galveston. I just don't want all the stress and uncertainty before a cruise, particularly since there will be a flood of additional ships and Canadian/Inside Passage options in 9 months, hopefully without all the testing/masking restrictions (although Lambda's waiting in the wings to pounce)

I'm considering booking the Majestic Princess instead on the 29th, since their website says if your test results aren't back in time, they'll rebook you, give you a FCC, or a full refund if you bought their travel insurance. Plus they visit Glacier Bay and give $100 OBC to military. And of course NCL in Seattle tests everyone at the pier for free and has chosen safety of adults over income from children by going 100% vaccinated, the best Delta-avoiding option. 

On 8/19/2021 at 2:59 PM, tserface said:

The timing of getting PCR test results back within 3 days (especially if people have to travel) is pretty crazy.  If the cruise line is going to require this for everyone they should provide it for a fee at the dock instead of making people try to figure it out and live in fear of not making the cruise.

I guess this is a warning to not try to do the PCR test within the 3 day period and only do the Antigen test, but I've heard that the Antigen test gives more false positives 😞

I hope you made it to the cruise OK.

I had a PCR test done on Wednesday at CVS, tests results were in Thursday...

I did schedule a Rapid test in Miami at the same time that I scheduled PCR in IL just in case... Was very happy to cancel the Rapid Test 😀

Not saying all results are going to be that quick from CVS. But I do think people should schedule both, PCR in their home town and THE Rapid in the area of departure 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, rj59 said:

I live near the Canadian border in WA, with high transmission rates combining with a flood of people needing tests to enter Canada making a test almost impossible to get, and then message boards are reporting over 3 days to get results back. The only antigen tests open up for appointments two days ahead and are snapped up quickly, and then they won't book antigen unless you have symptoms. There's simply no way I want to risk it for an Ovation sailing in two weeks. What's even more galling is that I received an appointment request form from RCL for testing at the pier, since they evidently think I'm an unvaccinated 10 year old. Charge me $300 a test if I don't have results, don't make me run around the city looking for a test and then leave me at the pier anyway, as they did to folks in Galveston. I just don't want all the stress and uncertainty before a cruise, particularly since there will be a flood of additional ships and Canadian/Inside Passage options in 9 months, hopefully without all the testing/masking restrictions (although Lambda's waiting in the wings to pounce)

I'm considering booking the Majestic Princess instead on the 29th, since their website says if your test results aren't back in time, they'll rebook you, give you a FCC, or a full refund if you bought their travel insurance. Plus they visit Glacier Bay and give $100 OBC to military. And of course NCL in Seattle tests everyone at the pier for free and has chosen safety of adults over income from children by going 100% vaccinated, the best Delta-avoiding option. 

I just got this as well for my Serenade cruise coming up in 2 weeks.   Very weird.   I suspect that it's a glitch, a confusing one.  

Update

I made it on the cruise, not without lots of  anxiety. 

First off made it to Seattle on Thursday still no test result.  I then called RCL was told look for a local place to get test.  I asked if they  could provde a test for a fee was told no they would NOT provide a test so I could board. I panicked and had a rapid test at the airport so 1 hour and $250,00 lighter I tested negative.  Next day we go to the port so happens couple in front of us of course never got email telling them  about testing (I got 4) .  I Rep tells them go to the white tent in the parking area they are doing rapid tests for $100.00 .  My problem with this is when I  called wish RCL informed me of this option.  I think the more people that share about testing options the better.  This 3 day results is going to be near to impossible  with all these new variants coming along.

Anyway I'm  on board  and looking at the Skagway pier, getting ready to go do a bit of walking around town.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to add my test results finally came through on Sat. 4 days after taking test. When I  called Walgreens they did inform me it is sent to Tenn.for testing  I live in California  so that may explain why it takes do long. I think the 3 day turn around could be a problem.

I'm cruising again in October out  of Fort Lauderdale I  am going to do my homework as to where I  can get a rapid test when I  get there.

• Like 2

Glad you didn't end up in a news story about watching from the pier as the ship (and your luggage) sails away.

It would be helpful if RCG told you about the availability of COVID tests near the pier.   I suspect they don't do that so they aren't overwhelmed by hundreds of passengers needing last minute tests.

We're getting rapid antigen tests from a local CVS (appointments already made).   We are lucky to have this in our small city since relatively few CVSs have it available.

Enjoy your cruise.

19 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

A good option for those cruising out of Seattle if you don't mind paying for your test.

https://www.covidclinic.org/tukwila/

That is right between Seatac and the cruise port.

This is an excellent backup if something falls through with the CVS testing.   One or two backup plans help remove the angst that @Bleueyes44experienced.