No test results yet , yikes !!!

Had my test 2 days ago lab said hasn't  received it yet (Walgreens).  Just call and they said it could take another 7 days cruise leaves tomorrow.   Looks like I'll  be running around Seattle  for a rapid test hope I can find one.

20 minutes ago, Bleueyes44 said:

Had my test 2 days ago lab said hasn't  received it yet (Walgreens).  Just call and they said it could take another 7 days cruise leaves tomorrow.   Looks like I'll  be running around Seattle  for a rapid test hope I can find one.

Good luck  I had a friend that could not make it on the Mariner test cruise as she did not get her results in time

The timing of getting PCR test results back within 3 days (especially if people have to travel) is pretty crazy.  If the cruise line is going to require this for everyone they should provide it for a fee at the dock instead of making people try to figure it out and live in fear of not making the cruise.

I guess this is a warning to not try to do the PCR test within the 3 day period and only do the Antigen test, but I've heard that the Antigen test gives more false positives 😞

I hope you made it to the cruise OK.

Edited by tserface
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Bleueyes44 said:

Try an urgi care, that is where went.  From entering the building to getting results, one hour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, tserface said:

The timing of getting PCR test results back within 3 days (especially if people have to travel) is pretty crazy.  If the cruise line is going to require this for everyone they should provide it for a fee at the dock instead of making people try to figure it out and live in fear of not making the cruise.

I guess this is a warning to not try to do the PCR test within the 3 day period and only do the Antigen test, but I've heard that the Antigen test gives more false positives 😞

I agree 100%. Or better yet, they should provide it at the dock on their dime. 

I have to test on a Tuesday and fly out on a Thursday for a Friday departure on Ovation.  I dont think results from a PCR will be back that quick, especially as testing ramps up again

Edited by ryano

2 minutes ago, flamingos said:

My travel agent said it MUST be a PCR test, not a rapid test.  Is she incorrect?

Yes, as of right now, she is incorrect. That could change any day though. 

• No more than 3 days before arriving at the terminal for embarkation, guests will need to take a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain or diagnostic lab, and present their negative test result upon arriving at the terminal. The results can be printed out, or can be presented on your phone, such as the email result from your test provider. Costs associated with this test are the guests' responsibility. 
Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

I am having trouble finding a place to make an appointment for testing.  The health department here does not do them and they told me several places to check.  The ones I called are having trouble receiving the tests or they do not do them as it will be a holiday weekend.  Called RC and they will make no exceptions for holiday weekend.  Will our flight to Seattle be a waste of time?

49 minutes ago, tserface said:

I am retired Med Tech (6 years) with 40 years experience and not sure if the methodology has changed but the PCR test was less reliable than the antigen.  Call your Doctor or check Web MD.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ruaidh said:

I am having trouble finding a place to make an appointment for testing.  The health department here does not do them and they told me several places to check.  The ones I called are having trouble receiving the tests or they do not do them as it will be a holiday weekend.  Called RC and they will make no exceptions for holiday weekend.  Will our flight to Seattle be a waste of time?

They will test you at SEA airport.  Its daily by appt from 7am - 2pm PST 

https://www.portseattle.org/news/xpreschecktm-opens-covid-19-testing-facility-seattle-tacoma-international-airport

Edited by ryano

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Good luck  I had a friend that could not make it on the Mariner test cruise as she did not get her results in time

So did she lose all of her money?

5 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

I am retired Med Tech (6 years) with 40 years experience and not sure if the methodology has changed but the PCR test was less reliable than the antigen.  Call your Doctor or check Web MD.

image.png.97971d10471bd17a5a281161a8b8b2d6.png

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/which-test-is-best-for-covid-19-2020081020734

For what it's worth from someone with the only medical experience has been bandaging cuts from 35 years as a toolmaker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tserface said:

What is the difference between the PCR test and Antigen Test, Also, our facility are now swabbing the throat, will that work as well?

It is amazing.  In the US, you get a PCR test and the results are back in several days to a week or so.

I got a PCR test in Romania last month to return to the US.  The cheaper option was 12 -  24 hours for results (I got mine in about 18 hours), or for a bit more, it was 6 hour turn around.

We are cruising in December and we are worried we won't be able to find a place to even get the test? My husband hasn't felt well for a week now and we want to get a covid test for him and there is NO WHERE open to even get the test!  We both are vaccinated.(All appointments are taken) With covid ramping up and the new Lamda variant and a new one yet to be named in the US people are gonna want tests and the strain on labs will probably be strained.I honestly think if cruiselines want us to get covid tests,they should be given at the pier! This is just a worry on everyone wanting to cruise!

Edited by Harrylinden
  • Like 1