Great Job This Week MSC

dexddd

There were two big changes this week and I'd have to say MSC has done a great job communicating those changes.  While most of us here would rather go to the DMV than deal with MSC's website, the changes were communicated to our TA who then passed on the info to us within 48 hours.  Today I got a text for each of our two upcoming cruises about those changes as well from MSC.  Don't let go of that summer IT Intern.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

There were two big changes this week and I'd have to say MSC has done a great job communicating those changes.  While most of us here would rather go to the DMV than deal with MSC's website, the changes were communicated to our TA who then passed on the info to us within 48 hours.  Today I got a text for each of our two upcoming cruises about those changes as well from MSC.  Don't let go of that summer IT Intern.

I also received a text about the changes to my cruise very quickly after they were posted on their website.

1 hour ago, Lisichka said:

Maybe because my cruise is not until November?

This is probably why. We are also in November and did not get any direct MSC updates. Just followed here on CC.
we have made final payment and just monitoring conditions out of Miami.
Thinking it may get extended to end of November .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lisichka said:

This makes me wonder why I have not received any communication?  Maybe because my cruise is not until November?

We're mid-October, and haven't received anything via text or email regarding the changes.

• Like 2

For those of you that have not gotten a text about the changes that affect cruises up to Oct 31, I would make sure you have an MSC account (go to their web page and create one) and make sure there is a valid phone number connected to each of the passengers on your booking.  Both my husband and I received a text message yesterday for out Oct. 2 cruise.

19 hours ago, Lisichka said:

I have received zero communication from MSC.  I dare say it is your TA that deserves the kudos,  not MSC.

We are regular NCL cruisers and when there have been changes we've never gotten notice nor TA from NCL.  The emails were from TA but the texts were from MSC.  Obviously things can vary but I was very surprised to get a text from them.

12 hours ago, mimi7ccr said:

We're on the 9/19 Divina 7-nighter out of Port Canavaral.  No email messages yet, but our T.A. has received our documents, so we'll see what those say.  I'm on top of things though from this end.

We sail the week after and got a text.

3 hours ago, ms sjsky said:

For those of you that have not gotten a text about the changes that affect cruises up to Oct 31, I would make sure you have an MSC account (go to their web page and create one) and make sure there is a valid phone number connected to each of the passengers on your booking.  Both my husband and I received a text message yesterday for out Oct. 2 cruise.

That's what I was thinking as well.  I can say on NCL my phone number is in profile and we've had changes and I never got contacted so maybe MSC technology also quite not perfect in the alerting aspect.

As always, CC usually best bet to alert others to changes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ms sjsky said:

On the Oct. 2nd sailing also. I've gotten emails when I made any changes to my booking but never have I gotten a text. Everything in my profile is accurate. No email or text about the changes. Could it be that because both of us are already vaccinated and it is checked off on the paperwork that they never sent the new info?