Sushi on 5 - Menu

oh2cruise

21 minutes ago, oh2cruise said:

If anyone has a current copy of the Sushi on 5 menu, we would appreciate a link!   Found some older ones here, but wondering if anything, including pricing, has changed.

Thank you!!!

I am guessing they will have sushi on the menu, plenty of it.  🤣

6 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

My last 2 cruises, Silhouette and Edge, Sushi On 5 he menus have been different slightly.

Probably due to available seafood/fish.

If offered, you must try the Lobster Roll and Lobster Ramen, EXCELLENT !

If you're not a fan of lobster, is there anything else you would recommend?

Current Sushi on Five menu from Equinox. 

F9C8D0F2-EC62-43D9-BF82-0404F0CE1BFA.thumb.jpeg.6c070485368d5c6c885a9711d8f30efb.jpeg

242B1A08-CD41-49EA-86B9-AC805C897048.thumb.jpeg.b417286b56c29470ab5c6631f8a98872.jpeg

064E77E5-9A00-4EEF-82C5-639C8A95A0E3.thumb.jpeg.94ebc6010143c10a5d12ac364a69fb27.jpeg

I recommend the Chicken Ginger Gyoza. My husband really liked the Kobe Beef Slider. I loved the shrimp and scallop dynamite. 

For “non-raw” sushi, the Shrimp Tempura Roll is excellent. But if you are feeling a little more adventurous, the dragon roll is great too. 

And we didn’t have it this cruise, but the Pork Ramen has also been quite tasty. 

All of the aforementioned items are cooked, so if someone in your group doesn’t like the idea of raw sushi, these are good options. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Yes.

Randy

Excellent.  Last time we sailed on Constellation, it was still Bistro on 5.  Wasn't sure if they had subsequently changed the rules.  I'm gonna really hurt 'em on sashimi if it's any good!

We love Sushi on 5 but it’s been so long since we last sailed I’ve forgotten how it works at Sushi on 5 if you have a Specialty Dining package and want to use one of the nights for a dinner there.   Could someone please remind me?  Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

We love Sushi on 5 but it’s been so long since we last sailed I’ve forgotten how it works at Sushi on 5 if you have a Specialty Dining package and want to use one of the nights for a dinner there.   Could someone please remind me?  Thanks! 

When you attend Sushi on 5 as part of a purchased dining package, I believe you receive a $35 credit on your bill that is applied to the value of the food items chosen from the menu. If you have a beverage package, your drinks would be applied against that package and would not eat into your credit (depending, of course on the type of beverage package you have).

Randy

22 hours ago, aring75 said:

...  I recommend the Chicken Ginger Gyoza. My husband really liked the Kobe Beef Slider. I loved the shrimp and scallop dynamite. For “non-raw” sushi, the Shrimp Tempura Roll is excellent. But if you are feeling a little more adventurous, the dragon roll is great too.  And we didn’t have it this cruise, but the Pork Ramen has also been quite tasty.

All of the aforementioned items are cooked, so if someone in your group doesn’t like the idea of raw sushi, these are good options. 

Hi, aring75.

You said that your recommended "items are cooked," but ...

are they cooked and still warm/hot ... or ...

are they cooked, but now cold?

Reasons for asking: We would try the former (warm/hot), but not the latter (cold).

We don't enjoy eating cold rice, and we usually avoid cold meat and seafood.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, jg51 said:

Hi, aring75.

You said that your recommended "items are cooked," but ...

are they cooked and still warm/hot ... or ...

are they cooked, but now cold?

Reasons for asking: We would try the former (warm/hot), but not the latter (cold).

We don't enjoy eating cold rice, and we usually avoid cold meat and seafood.

Thanks!

Everything I mentioned (except for the rolls) is served hot. The sushi rolls are cold. 

The lobster and shrimp wontons are also a hot appetizer and are quite good. 

20 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

When you attend Sushi on 5 as part of a purchased dining package, I believe you receive a $35 credit on your bill that is applied to the value of the food items chosen from the menu. If you have a beverage package, your drinks would be applied against that package and would not eat into your credit (depending, of course on the type of beverage package you have).

Randy

Thanks Randy. 

I do recall that on one of our last cruises on X, Sushi on 5 was so underutilized that they were having an “all you can eat” special one night for a very good price.  We had a wonderful meal trying many different things.  I’ve never seen Sushi on 5 busy, and that surprises me, since the food and service are always excellent. 

43 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks Randy. 

I do recall that on one of our last cruises on X, Sushi on 5 was so underutilized that they were having an “all you can eat” special one night for a very good price.  We had a wonderful meal trying many different things.  I’ve never seen Sushi on 5 busy, and that surprises me, since the food and service are always excellent. 

That's too bad.  I guess there are a still a lot of folks who don't favor it, though there are so many other offerings, it's hard to understand.  That said -- do the officers and staff tend to eat there?  Our experience was that when this was Bistro on 5, they would eat there frequently.

Whenever we have eaten in Sushi on 5, we have seen officers dining in there. Now, we have only eaten there for lunch, primarily when Luminae was closed for port days.

I think there may have been a general “boycott” of Sushi on 5 as Bistro on 5 was certainly a favourite, and many cruisers were sorry to see it go. If that is, in fact, the case, that’s really too bad. I was one of those people who saw this new restaurant replace our favourite embarkation day destination, and kept hoping Celebrity would change their mind. That was, until we decided to give it a try. I’m glad we did, as we now visit Sushi on 5 more than once whenever we cruise.

As a general observation, we have not really seen crowds at Sushi on 5. Perhaps we just weren’t there at the right times. We will continue to visit whenever we cruise, as it is now one of our “go to” places to dine.

Randy

14 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

I think there may have been a general “boycott” of Sushi on 5 as Bistro on 5 was certainly a favourite, and many cruisers were sorry to see it go. If that is, in fact, the case, that’s really too bad.

I don’t think that was the case.  In any event, the switch was so long ago that I doubt anything like that is going on now. More likely it’s the case that many folks don’t like sushi, and don’t realize there are other good options on the menu. 

30 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Whenever we have eaten in Sushi on 5, we have seen officers dining in there. Now, we have only eaten there for lunch, primarily when Luminae was closed for port days.

I think there may have been a general “boycott” of Sushi on 5 as Bistro on 5 was certainly a favourite, and many cruisers were sorry to see it go. If that is, in fact, the case, that’s really too bad. I was one of those people who saw this new restaurant replace our favourite embarkation day destination, and kept hoping Celebrity would change their mind. That was, until we decided to give it a try. I’m glad we did, as we now visit Sushi on 5 more than once whenever we cruise.

As a general observation, we have not really seen crowds at Sushi on 5. Perhaps we just weren’t there at the right times. We will continue to visit whenever we cruise, as it is now one of our “go to” places to dine.

Randy

Even when it was the Bistro on 5 it was not used much on the ships  I know on my last cruise one night on sushi on 5 they made it an Indian food night, that was great. 

3 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Scallop and Shrimp Dynamite is a definite multiple order for me.

Yes, we would only be there at lunch when it was Bistro, and that's when we would notice officers chowing down.  I think the ship's doc must have been there every other day!  Here's hoping we take to the change as well as you did.  

Nice that they have the scallops.

On the whole, how is the quality of the fish?