Yet Another Coastal Kitchen Question

I'll be on Odyssey in October in an Owner's Suite. I've never been on a ship with CK before, so had a couple questions.

I assume the answers are no, but thought I'd ask anyways.

I don't really like spending much time on Breakfast/Lunch and will be doing dinner with non-Suite guests. My questions:

1. Can you have CK delivered via room service?
  2. Can you request everything to go and be in and out quickly?
  3. How long does the typical meal take for Breakfast, lunch and dinner?

TIA

Can't answer the first two, but for #3, our breakfasts there were quick, about 45 minutes to an hour, but we went at times that weren't crowded.  Our lunches varied from 45 minutes to about 1.25 hours, depending on how crowded.  

8 minutes ago, OSUZorba said:

I'll be on Odyssey in October in an Owner's Suite. I've never been on a ship with CK before, so had a couple questions.

I assume the answers are no, but thought I'd ask anyways.

I don't really like spending much time on Breakfast/Lunch and will be doing dinner with non-Suite guests. My questions:

1. Can you have CK delivered via room service?
  2. Can you request everything to go and be in and out quickly?
  3. How long does the typical meal take for Breakfast, lunch and dinner?

TIA

No, you can not have CK delivered via room service.  You can ask for it to go but they don't typically do that.  We asked for dinner to go on Anthem after we were released from quarantine a few years ago and they were going to accommodate us but we didn't end up doing it as we didn't love the menu that night.  They told us they did not have the capacity to deliver.  Our meals were typically under an hour but it depends on how many courses you order.

• Like 1

Another Room Service question, can you schedule room service other than Breakfast? Do you have to be there when they deliver it?

I know on my last cruise I tried to order from the gym phone before I headed back to the cabin, but they wouldn't allow that.

1 hour ago, OSUZorba said:

Another Room Service question, can you schedule room service other than Breakfast? Do you have to be there when they deliver it?

I know on my last cruise I tried to order from the gym phone before I headed back to the cabin, but they wouldn't allow that.

I know in the past you had to be there for delivery of the meal and could order on the tv or over the phone.  The one time we tried to order through the suite concierge on Oasis, she said she couldn't do it for us.  Never tried with a different concierge though.

Wasn't one of the ships trying a new service to let you order food to be delivered to you where ever you want?  I remember reading something but not sure what ship it was and if it ever was implemented.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

The one time we tried to order through the suite concierge on Oasis, she said she couldn't do it for us. 

That's interesting.  I have never had a Suites Concierge who would not order food for us.  We almost always order breakfast in our suite when we are in an OS or higher and I have never had one say "no".

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

That's interesting.  I have never had a Suites Concierge who would not order food for us.  We almost always order breakfast in our suite when we are in an OS or higher and I have never had one say "no".

She was not very good at all.  She also told friends of ours in a suite that there were "too many of them" and suites were not getting any behind the scenes tours, only D+ and up.  

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

She was not very good at all.  She also told friends of ours in a suite that there were "too many of them" and suites were not getting any behind the scenes tours, only D+ and up.  

😔

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I know in the past you had to be there for delivery of the meal and could order on the tv or over the phone.  The one time we tried to order through the suite concierge on Oasis, she said she couldn't do it for us.  Never tried with a different concierge though.

Wasn't one of the ships trying a new service to let you order food to be delivered to you where ever you want?  I remember reading something but not sure what ship it was and if it ever was implemented.

Yeah, I remember reading about that a while back. I think it was through the app IIRC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Do we know if that Concierge is still employed by RC?  

3 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

Since you are in a suite, the concierge can arrange meals for you in advance.  We had a copy of the menu for that evening in our room and just arranged for delivery at a set time.

CK menu or MDR menu.🤔

• 1 month later...

interesting to read you cannot get the CK delivered to the cabin. i'm glad i checked

I'm assuming regardless of MTD or traditional you can order from the MDR to your cabin as soon as they open at 530? or can you order even earlier. to get an 8pm show i dont want to rush the 645 MTD. would rather order 530 to the cabin so i can be at leisure

in CK i'm assuming they handle special requests like the crab flounder i wouldnt want artichoke puree

anyone have the cauliflower  steak. my gf may like that