My.silversea.com and UK office phones not working

PG101

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Hi Les, silver boxes? None were sent to me for either of my recent cruises.

Cost cutting! Not really too bothered. Can't say i read the journal, but the tags were useful.

I'd prefer costs cut by not having excursions and home to airport added!

• Like 1

What sailing is it? (I'm sure you've posted - but at least if you hear nothing from SS, you can get some help here. 

Southampton to Lisbon, 11 days, on 27 September. Serious rumour is that it might go to France, Spain and Portugal …. 😏

When I spoke to them some time ago I was informed that all documentation would be sent as near as possible to the departure date … to allow for any Governmental changes that might, or might not, occur 🙄

To be honest I think the cruise may well end up being cancelled or the itinerary will be changed, but we live in hope. 

My plan of action is to chase them up next week and point out that we are leaving home a few days before we actually sail so it would be nice to be kept informed.

3 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

What sailing is it? (I'm sure you've posted - but at least if you hear nothing from SS, you can get some help here. 

Southampton to Lisbon, 11 days, on 27 September. Serious rumour is that it might go to France, Spain and Portugal …. 😏

When I spoke to them some time ago I was informed that all documentation would be sent as near as possible to the departure date … to allow for any Governmental changes that might, or might not, occur 🙄

To be honest I think the cruise may well end up being cancelled or the itinerary will be changed, but we live in hope. 

My plan of action is to chase them up next week and point out that we are leaving home a few days before we actually sail so it would be nice to be kept informed.

Hi, I also hope you are able to sail---I am on the one right after you!!!!!!!

No silver boxes?  Why on earth would SS be wasting money on printing itineraries and sending them out at a time when countries all over the world are changing their Covid restrictions at the drop of a hat.  A voyage journal in a lovely silver box is pointless at this point in time.  Its very sad as the arrival of a silver box is wonderful in the run up to a cruise but its just another "suck it up" moment associated with Covid.  Maybe in 2022 we will all be able to get back to normal but I am not sure about that either.   Fingers crossed most of us get to cruise to our destinations of choice or to sail on some alternative but still with the same comfort and joy you get on SS ships.

2 hours ago, labrasett said:

No silver boxes?  Why on earth would SS be wasting money on printing itineraries and sending them out at a time when countries all over the world are changing their Covid restrictions at the drop of a hat.  A voyage journal in a lovely silver box is pointless at this point in time.  Its very sad as the arrival of a silver box is wonderful in the run up to a cruise but its just another "suck it up" moment associated with Covid.  Maybe in 2022 we will all be able to get back to normal but I am not sure about that either.   Fingers crossed most of us get to cruise to our destinations of choice or to sail on some alternative but still with the same comfort and joy you get on SS ships.

would be nice to get those little tags that direct your bags to your cabin?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

would be nice to get those little tags that direct your bags to your cabin?

Good morning........they give you tags to put on your bags. Well, they gave us tags in both Seattle and Athens on my last 2 cruises. You fill them out and they are directed to your cabin since you have written the cabin number on that tag🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning........they give you tags to put on your bags. Well, they gave us tags in both Seattle and Athens on my last 2 cruises. You fill them out and they are directed to your cabin since you have written the cabin number on that tag🙂

Bit difficult if you're in the UK. All I've been sent is an eticket, and that after I struggled just before their systems went down to upload my covid vaccination record to Silversea. I'm getting a new suitcase tomorrow because mine is at the end of its well travelled life, and I'll have to buy one with luggage tags attached to put my cabin number on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clodia said:

Bit difficult if you're in the UK. All I've been sent is an eticket, and that after I struggled just before their systems went down to upload my covid vaccination record to Silversea. I'm getting a new suitcase tomorrow because mine is at the end of its well travelled life, and I'll have to buy one with luggage tags attached to put my cabin number on.

I am not quite understanding........they never sent me luggage tags. I got them either at the pier or they were given to me at the hotel (I stayed at one of SS hotels).  I am not talking about luggage tags that are attached to your piece of luggage......I am referring to the paper tags given to you by the cruiseline once you are on site. They are paper that you attach to the handle of your bag.

Hi, I  got those same pre-printed tags too........up until my last 2 sailings which were July and August.

They always sent them with the silver box everyone has been referring to. I think they have stopped sending anything right now......

Maybe I am just confused about the post😕....she mentioned buying luggage that have tags attached. 

I was just trying to help but maybe it is not helping.

• Like 1

We've received luggage tags in the past; people in guarantee bookings might not have gotten them until arriving at the pier. But under current travel conditions, everything is being juggled up to the last minute, so it's not surprising nothing is being sent except electronically.

(For our upcoming Seabourn cruise, we download and print our own luggage tags. I'll be interested to see if these paper tags hold up. And if there's any rain while bags are being transferred at airports or the port, and most people use inkjet printers, it could be a mess!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseej said:

We've received luggage tags in the past; people in guarantee bookings might not have gotten them until arriving at the pier. But under current travel conditions, everything is being juggled up to the last minute, so it's not surprising nothing is being sent except electronically.

(For our upcoming Seabourn cruise, we download and print our own luggage tags. I'll be interested to see if these paper tags hold up. And if there's any rain while bags are being transferred at airports or the port, and most people use inkjet printers, it could be a mess!)

CC and others sell nice plastic covers for those paper tags--we've been using them for years on various cruise lines.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Clodia said:

Like you we have got an e-ticket but nothing further. Did you get told that there would be no paper luggage tags sent out?

1 hour ago, Silver Spectre said:

Like you we have got an e-ticket but nothing further. Did you get told that there would be no paper luggage tags sent out?

No information apart from the email. I just assumed there would be no further labels but I could be wrong. 

Got all my documents and going to Southampton.  We will see  how it goes. It all feels a bit surreal. 

• Like 2

Like you we have got an e-ticket but nothing further. Did you get told that there would be no paper luggage tags sent out?”

Out of interest, when are you going and when did you get your e-ticket etc? I am sure ours are deep in the bowels of the IT snafu but it is concerning.

6 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Like you we have got an e-ticket but nothing further. Did you get told that there would be no paper luggage tags sent out?”

Out of interest, when are you going and when did you get your e-ticket etc? I am sure ours are deep in the bowels of the IT snafu but it is concerning.

Flying to Athens two weeks tomorrow and the e-ticket came the day before the shutdown.

We have NEVER been sent labels by post and it hasn't ever been a problem. When you check in at the port, they label your bags there and then!

We have always had e-tickets from Silversea which I've downloaded from My Silversea but, given that it still isn't working, I would imagine they might use the same system at Windstar where you just turn up with your passport and they can match you to your booking at the port. They are both smaller ships so it's not like trying to check in thousands of passengers!

19 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

No. I just managed to upload my covid pass before the outage and received an eticket hours later, but nothing about luggage tags. No good at the terminal because I've booked my case with the Baggage Handling Company who now cover Silversea in Southampton, and they're collecting it on Tuesday 7th. As I'm therefore packing it tomorrow I've made some temporary labels and slid them inside the plastic label holders attached to my case. Also the Baggage Handling Company label has my suite number written on. I sail on the altered 15th September itinerary. That will have to do...

Edited by Clodia
  • Like 1