My.silversea.com and UK office phones not working

PG101

On 9/3/2021 at 3:15 PM, MBP&O2/O said:

What sailing is it? (I'm sure you've posted - but at least if you hear nothing from SS, you can get some help here. 

Southampton to Lisbon, 11 days, on 27 September. Serious rumour is that it might go to France, Spain and Portugal …. 😏

When I spoke to them some time ago I was informed that all documentation would be sent as near as possible to the departure date … to allow for any Governmental changes that might, or might not, occur 🙄

To be honest I think the cruise may well end up being cancelled or the itinerary will be changed, but we live in hope. 

My plan of action is to chase them up next week and point out that we are leaving home a few days before we actually sail so it would be nice to be kept informed.

Oops - I thought I'd sent this last week! Ho hum - better late than never. (Happens frequently - hit send but goes nowhere!)

OK, well I had my call back from my consultant and mind more at ease for mine.

He agrees that South America was a dead duck and did say he thought there would be announcement on Labor day (which is the 6th September) to this effect. He also suggested the new itinerary (changes would be known 2 weeks later - giving time for finalisation of the itineraries and notifying the changes). The thing I was concerned about was also put to bed. If the cruise did sail and I was unable to because of restrictions like the one faced, I would be fine to get a refund or new booking. As it stands, I'm hoping this pending cancellation will be 4th attempt to cruise lucky and given the identical sailing a year later. If not, then a replacement in the same dates booked. I have a preference, but in reality I just want to get on the ship! Obviously that info is not official and is a general conversation, and based on logic. He did also say that with T-120 days had been given an extension to T-65 days for full payment and penalties.

Oh - and he also said he believed that the EBB ending at the end of this month might well be the final knockings for the discount. So on top of all the extras I don't want - the incentive for the discount will be no more. We shall see. I think its a real bad decision, particularly with the general price hikes along with the excursion and Limo extra costs!

OK back to yours... Had I seen this before the call, I could have asked. Alas....

France seems confusing - on the UK gov website, it states travelling from an Amber country its not permitted for non essential reasons - but then says entry needs double vaccine and a test within 24 hours from arrival. That might prove difficult! 

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

Going forward, I'm assuming SS would take care of any PCRs needed as you are on the ship. There aren't any restrictions I can see in place over and above double vaccine for Spain and Portugal - but France are playing games again it looks!

So yes, I can understand fully now the panic. It seems you can't go if I'm reading that correctly. Did you book direct and with their air package? At least if you are, you are covered from what I was just told .

I'd be chasing though - you have non refundable departure and arrival tests to put in place. Cost that can be avoided hopefully if you get a reply early enough.

Good morning, you were asked to log into Mysilversea? Not possible...........still comes up

"The site can't be reached" and underneath that it says "refuses to connect".

• Like 1

Does anyone think someone at CC management could reach out to someone at SS? Just wondering. 

I know Laura posted that statement from SS when they went down.......just wonder if Cruise Critic has any way to reach back out to the cruise line.......

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Does anyone think someone at CC management could reach out to someone at SS? Just wondering. 

I know Laura posted that statement from SS when they went down.......just wonder if Cruise Critic has any way to reach back out to the cruise line.......

Thoughts?

More likely to reach BM via Facebook, except she’s been very quiet since the middle of last week.

25 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

More likely to reach BM via Facebook, except she’s been very quiet since the middle of last week.

I don't do FB or any other social media (except this one)........oh well, I was just throwing it out there.

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I don't do FB or any other social media (except this one)........oh well, I was just throwing it out there.

Two different places on FB said "Should be" Tuesday the 7th, including the official Ss FB page.   So check with your morning coffee!

L, Did any of your ports get changed? 5 of mine did for November so I too am awaiting ability to sign in and book new shore excursions. M

4 hours ago, MHF said:

Two different places on FB said "Should be" Tuesday the 7th, including the official Ss FB page.   So check with your morning coffee!

L, Did any of your ports get changed? 5 of mine did for November so I too am awaiting ability to sign in and book new shore excursions. M

Me too, except my sailing is next week! I thought I'd be able to get onto My Silversea by now; looks like I might be booking excursions onboard, or just not bothering..

9 hours ago, MHF said:

Hi Missy, Good morning.  I am having my coffee..........my silversea is still not working.

As for my ports? I think we were supposed to go to Tenerife and when I look now, that is not listed but all the other places look the same.  I have never been to this part of Europe so it is all new to me🙂

• Like 1

This was the latest post by Silversea on social media at the end of last week:

240857655_4713026322075862_1771937194901454593_n.jpg.3ee9e96f2dd78ecb9c08055c97335fee.jpg

I've seen people saying they have heard the system would be online today, Tuesday, and others saying not until laterthis week. They haven't done a great job of communicating with customers about the status of the outage.

• Like 1

I just noticed a post on a FB group which Mark Conroy posted last night saying "It should be on line on Tuesday". It's 3 pm in Monaco, 9 am in Miami, and it's still down. We'll see!

@Lois R Thanks for your concern about the flooding in the Philadelphia area last week. Fortunately, we had no problems, and all our family and friends are also safe. It was very localized; some areas got hammered with the flooding, but you could be half a mile away and have no issues at all. Here in the mid-Atlantic/northeast, we used to always say that the saving grace of our cold winters was that we didn't experience the sometime-violent weather that other parts of the country got hit with. Not any more; we've had to run to our basement due to nearby tornados three times this summer!

I am still waiting for tickets for Shadow tomorrow and my TA is blaming the SS tech problems. 
Why have SS not just said turn up on the quayside which I intend to do anyway? It should not be too much of a surprise for them as they have booked my flights to get there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

I just noticed a post on a FB group which Mark Conroy posted last night saying "It should be on line on Tuesday". It's 3 pm in Monaco, 9 am in Miami, and it's still down. We'll see!

@Lois R Thanks for your concern about the flooding in the Philadelphia area last week. Fortunately, we had no problems, and all our family and friends are also safe. It was very localized; some areas got hammered with the flooding, but you could be half a mile away and have no issues at all. Here in the mid-Atlantic/northeast, we used to always say that the saving grace of our cold winters was that we didn't experience the sometime-violent weather that other parts of the country got hit with. Not any more; we've had to run to our basement due to nearby tornados three times this summer!

I wonder if they actually know when it will be coming back up.............

And the weather? Nobody is out of the loop anymore........😲 but happy to know you and your family are all safe!

I am still waiting for tickets for Shadow tomorrow and my TA is blaming the SS tech problems. 
Why have SS not just said turn up on the quayside which I intend to do anyway? It should not be too much of a surprise for them as they have booked my flights to get there.

I have just spoken to our SS rep regarding ticketing, and am not filled with confidence.

The reply was …..

Tickets and instructions will arrive when the systems are on line and can be accessed.

I read somewhere that boarding would be staggered but when I queried this point all she said was that folk would be arriving at the pier from all over the world and at various times so it should be OK as the previous embarkations (in Southampton) went smoothly.

Basically we were told to wait and see as there was nothing that could be done until the systems are back up and running.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eastwoodboy said:

You are absolutely right, this is quite stressful.

We have a 48 day cruise and have many arrangements to make to leave for that amount of time. A Silversea friend is staying at our house while we are gone. She has to make flight and other arrangements too.

The last news we received was an email with a slight change in itinerary before server went down.

Usually I am besides myself with excitement. Now I can't sleep wondering if we will get cancelled last minute.

Sorry to dump negativity 😔 today.

I am usually a very positive person 🤗.

How fortunate are we that this is what we have to complain about.

30 minutes ago, I was able to pull up the MySilversea page. I was asked to change my password. Got a  new PW via email and logged in. All our information was intact as well as the days sailed.  Decided to login again and the page is back on “The Fritz”.  So, there is Hope.