My.silversea.com and UK office phones not working

PG101

1 hour ago, wcc19 said:

It is interesting that there is not a lot of discussion about this topic on the boards here.  The main discussion is going on over at Facebook.

I borrowed an account just to look at it (I don't do the socials).  At least Mark Conroy has now admitted that it is a malware attack.

I'm pretty concerned as to what of my personal information has been compromised.  No comments yet from SS on that topic.

Until we get a full picture from SS we should all be concerned about whether any information has been compromised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Posts have been removed because unsubstantiated charges are libel.

Not to nitpick, but it's important to state that an unsubstantiated statement alone is not libel or defamation. Something which is intentional disparagement of a company could be grounds for a defamation claim. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Posts have been removed because unsubstantiated charges are libel.  It's one thing to 'worry' and another to say that a company's actions are 'suspicious.' 

So if I had said, “I worry that the outage is suspicious”, then it would have conformed to the posting guidelines?

1 hour ago, Gourmet Gal said:

So if I had said, “I worry that the outage is suspicious”, then it would have conformed to the posting guidelines?

No, you would still have been casting aspersions on the cruise line, which – even if it isn't legally libelous – violates the CC guideline against 'cruise line bashing.'  Unless you have evidence to back up this suspicion, don't start conspiracy theories.

And that is the end of the questioning of board management. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, taxatty said:

That's the only viable explanation as to why it's taken this long. It must take a very long time for SS to reinstall of its data and possibly its software programs from its backup systems. Let's now look for an statement regarding whether anything else needs to be done.

Like any well run commercial operation, SS will have had a fully developed disaster recovery plan for events just like this. None of this should be a shock to them. 

• Like 1

The promise of an update in August for Silver Dawn's obviously not happening South America circumnavigation has passed without comment which is annoying to say the least.

I'm now at T-124 for my Panama sailing. Whilst my booking is from a FCC voucher (so request for a refund not an option) it does throw into question how guests who wanted to cancel but unable to contact the Cruise Line for over a week will be treated. I know they mentioned the EBB was being extended for a few days, but have they mentioned how they will deal with those about to break payment cutoff deadlines?

For me personally, I hope when it is cancelled (and given all countries visited are "red" it's inevitable), I can just roll it over to the next identical itinerary. I would like to think SS will give a grace period to anyone who was leaving their decision to cancel to the wire but not breached (or nearly as in my case), so they have time to discuss with SS their options and not told "sorry, it's now past 120 days".

In the past I would have felt confident of receiving a satisfactory response.

I don't use Facebook or Twitter, so anyone know if this has been mentioned?

Edited by les37b

Hi just wanted to let you know that my travel agent did get through on the UK office telephone line this morning and spoke to a gentleman called Dan!! But he was not able to quote a price as the system is still down ..but at least there's life at the end of the phone lines 🙏

• Like 1

I can confirm the above. My ‘included’ flights home had been changed by the airline. The new ones were no good so I contacted them (Air France) and changed them to something more suitable. Having done so I sent a courtesy email to SS telling them what I had done and they rang  me back with 30 mins. 

9 hours ago, les37b said:

I hope when it is cancelled (and given all countries visited are "red" it's inevitable)...

I wouldn't say it's inevitable. It seems there's a good chance both Argentina and Chile may open up in October or November; f that happens, there's a decent chance they can operate your cruise. We could debate the percentage likelihood of this happening, but I'm just saying it's not a given it will be canceled. Cruising to Australia in November? That is inevitably going to be canceled! 😉 South America is still a possibility.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

I wouldn't say it's inevitable. It seems there's a good chance both Argentina and Chile may open up in October or November; f that happens, there's a decent chance they can operate your cruise. We could debate the percentage likelihood of this happening, but I'm just saying it's not a given it will be canceled. Cruising to Australia in November? That is inevitably going to be canceled! 😉 South America is still a possibility.

From PaulMCO on the Antarctic thread:

Argentina is opening.

Uraguay is opening to tourists November 1st.

Just waiting for Chile....

"It's official, Argentina announced the opening of the 2021/2022 bi-oceanic and Antarctic cruise season next 20 October. The administrative resolution 834/2021 was published in the Official Gazette, triggering immediate satisfaction from Tierra del Fuego province whose governor contacted the Tourism and Sports minister Matías Lammens.

Tierra del Fuego governor Gustavo Melella and the head of the provincial Tourism Institute Dante Querciali held a zoon conference with minister Lammens to thank him for his efforts in having the sanitary protocols approved for the progressive opening of cruise activities in Ushuaia. The minister admitted it was not an easy job, but underlined the work and time from all those who helped in the task and even when “the sanitary situation was the priority, we also understood how important it is for the Tierra del Fuego people and their economy, the cruise industry”.

He added “thanks for your patience, confidence and support, and remember you will always have an ally in me to continue working in promoting tourism and hopefully we can reap the benefits of a successful 2021/22 cruise season”.

Governor Melella also pointed out the work deployed by the Ministry of Health Care and the Strategic Vaccination program in Tierra del Fuego with over 50% of the local population immunized and its significance “in creating a positive sanitary situation”.

“We are ready to receive cruise visitors, we will ensure compliance with the strict protocols, both from our officials and from the private sector, extensive to those landing as well as confirming that we can keep our city's sanitary condition, well protected from the virus”.

“Our people can be certain that arriving cruise visitors will comply with the protocols and all the necessary sanitary precautions will be in place and effective”, explained deputy governor Monica Urquiza. The return of the cruise vessels with the Antarctica option is great news for our tourism industry, and strategically and geopolitically for Argentina”.

Last July Ushuaia port authorities revealed they had requests for over 400 calls involving 68 cruise vessels, between October and May 2022

https://en.mercopress.com/2021/08/26/celebration-in-ushuaia-cruise-season-authorized-to-begin-on-20-october

1 hour ago, boccenana said:

Let's not all try and access unless we need information now.

Don't need to overload the system now that it's back up and running.

Just saying .😎

No worries – my.silversea isn't up yet.  That would be the big strain on the computer system.

3 hours ago, cruiseej said:

My cruise doesn't go to Chile or Argentina. It is meant to go to Mexico, Belize, Hondurus, Panama, Equador and Peru, all of which are red. (US is still unavailable either for the UK to top it off!),  Seven countries out of bounds and none sailable!

Even if Argentina and Chile went Amber, SS needs to be fairly confident to not pull the plug now when their is still potential to sail elsewhere (Caribbean I would expect.) And SS would I think want to prioritise their new ship not remain unused.

I suspect they could compromise with one or 2 missing, but it's currently the whole continent!

It's a tough call and huge gamble.

Nothing would please me more than my thoughts be proved wrong. I'm just being realistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, les37b said:

My cruise doesn't go to Chile or Argentina. It is meant to go to Mexico, Belize, Hondurus, Panama, Equador and Peru, all of which are red. (US is still unavailable either for the UK to top it off!),  Seven countries out of bounds and none sailable!

Even if Argentina and Chile went Amber, SS needs to be fairly confident to not pull the plug now when their is still potential to sail elsewhere (Caribbean I would expect.) And SS would I think want to prioritise their new ship not remain unused.

I suspect they could compromise with one or 2 missing, but it's currently the whole continent!

Nothing would please me more than my thoughts be proved wrong. I'm just being realistic.

It may be different for UK citizens.  In the US those color warnings are ignored because they have no teeth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, les37b said:

There are lots of ships sailing the Galapagos right now, ( with passengers) so red in Ecuador means???  

49 minutes ago, kimanjo said:

There are lots of ships sailing the Galapagos right now, ( with passengers) so red in Ecuador means???  

If you are UK citizen you can go, without insurance, and if you return within 10 days of the visit, by law, you have to quarantine for 10 days in a government approved hotel at a cost of approximately £2,500 per person. So red has teeth here. And by the way we are still banned from visiting the US by your government.

3 hours ago, les37b said:

We understand your pain Les.

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It may be different for UK citizens.  In the US those color warnings are ignored because they have no teeth.

It's very different by the sound of things. We are free to go, but you would (a) have no insurance as no company (I'm aware of - and have looked into it and already cancelled a Viking cruise because of a government advisory.) And (b) on return, you would be quarantined for 10 days at enormous cost. It's been likened to a prison, so very much to be avoided.

I know Viking won't sail to red countries (they have just removed Montenegro on my cruise in 2 weeks)... So hoping that SS don't try to pull the "but it's sailing and you decided not to go " stunt.

I'm now at T-122 .... So hope I can get an answer today.

• Like 1

T minus 24 for us. No tickets, no information, no communication. 
One is getting concerned …. I could do with an idea of what paperwork is or might be required.

Do everything to be on the safe side I suppose … and save any last minute panic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

T minus 24 for us. No tickets, no information, no communication. 
One is getting concerned …. I could do with an idea of what paperwork is or might be required.

Do everything to be on the safe side I suppose … and save any last minute panic.

No Silver Box?

What sailing is it? (I'm sure you've posted - but at least if you hear nothing from SS, you can get some help here. I now know what I need for Malta and Croatia - though Viking have also advised to get a (currently non mandatory but they recommend - just in case) pre travel PCR. These extra costs and exploitation ('cos you have to) is obscene. On the UK government website declares the tests at £20 each...... until you look. My Viking is now T-16, so I'm sorting this today - so fingers crossed there are no changes (like becoming red on the ship!!!)