Britannia staycation 7 night cruise

BABBY

Hi

• Can anyone please advise us as soon as possible on what we need to do or take on our cruise Sunday, as not booked a holiday online before.

• It says complete health declaration 3 days before - so will do that tomorrow, but do i have to log out and in for each person to do this? Also once completed can i come out and go back in and print off?
  • Do p&o then respond by email to that health questionaire and that is what you take with you? as some information online is saying you print off and some info saying they email you.

• Also once gone in and checked in or completed health questionaire etc, can i go back in and either print or amend if need be if done something wrong, 

• I am taking it that i just check in and print/take my:
  • Travel ins doc - download NHS app for covid vaccination evidence or print off the pdf that can download -  then once checked in my e ticket - boarding pass

• Re booking entertainment etc I have heard there is an app? is this called my holiday and can only be downloaded and then picked up on ships wifi once on board to book dining, shows etc. 
  • How easy is it to book things once on board too please?

• Any information or advise greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance

I am sure I’ve read that they send e mail re health declaration after you have completed it not sure if it can be amended as I have not done mine yet. Print off covid certificates and insurance documents. When you check in it tells you what to print off like boarding pass etc also will ask for a photo easy to do. Not sure about the app probably won’t bother with it myself just see how things are once on board.

Good luck 

Re amending the health questionaire if you get it wrong!  Do NOT get it wrong, I read a few weeks ago someone got it “wrong” and it immediately prevented them from travelling.  
the questionaire is easy just yes and no answers just read it properly.  They email you confirmation that it has been accepted.  You don’t need to log off and back in again if you are on the same booking.

Entertainment can be booked before boarding, although that opportunity may close down for you today if it hasn’t already.  Just go to Entertainment in the top bar when you are logged in.

My Holiday isn’t an app so can’t be used until you are on the ships intranet.

Don’t rely on the NHS app to prove vaccination if going through drive through testing, as very poor signal there.  Log on to the NHS app now and select email copy for travel and print them. 

12 hours ago, BABBY said:

Hi

• Can anyone please advise us as soon as possible on what we need to do or take on our cruise Sunday, as not booked a holiday online before.

• It says complete health declaration 3 days before - so will do that tomorrow, but do i have to log out and in for each person to do this? Also once completed can i come out and go back in and print off?
  • Do p&o then respond by email to that health questionaire and that is what you take with you? as some information online is saying you print off and some info saying they email you.

• Also once gone in and checked in or completed health questionaire etc, can i go back in and either print or amend if need be if done something wrong, 

• I am taking it that i just check in and print/take my:
  • Travel ins doc - download NHS app for covid vaccination evidence or print off the pdf that can download -  then once checked in my e ticket - boarding pass

• Re booking entertainment etc I have heard there is an app? is this called my holiday and can only be downloaded and then picked up on ships wifi once on board to book dining, shows etc. 
  • How easy is it to book things once on board too please?

• Any information or advise greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance

You go into your booking and click on each passenger in turn.

All questions need to be NO.

You then get confirmation emails to tell you you are cleared to sail.

If you check in online it is quicker as you will have entered your insurance details.

At the terminal they swab both nostrils and most people are texted within 20 minutes to say your covid19 test was negative.

You need your passport

Boarding pass 

Confirmation of 2 covid vaccines ideally printed.

The My holiday app is very easy to use.

Details in your cabin but book shows and restaurants quickly as they soon fill up.

Screenshot_20210823_162358_com.android.chrome.jpg

12 hours ago, BABBY said:

yes sorry we have got passports and know to take them, but thank you for bringing it up re that though.

Hopefully someone can advise re the other questions asap 🙂

Don't get your health questionnaire wrong. You can do all passengers on the booking without logging out. They will email you a '' cleared" form to print and show at Southampton. On our 2 Staycation cruises they have ignored them and asked the questions again. Boarding card......eTicket....... passports........ LUGGAGE LABELS.....car park pass...... You can book a few evening shows before you go, follow Graham's excellent advice....once on board load the app asap.  Whilst walking to the Limelight club to see who's on, book any speciality restaurants. If you can't get your restaurant bookings, go to guest services, kick up a fuss and threaten them with a poor review on CC mentioning their name. Worked for us. Pick those shows you haven't booked and turn up to the early show. The chap, or chapess will probable book you in for one of the shows...... Don't forget the most important thing.......chill out, your on holiday.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

Is the app available to use in the waiting room? If so what is the web address? I think I read somewhere that the last 6 characters from your e-ticket was needed to log on.

Yes to the last 6 characters. On board they show a QR code that you scan to set up the app. I'm not sure if you can get access at the terminal, others have said you can, but we haven't tried. You need to be on the ships WiFi, so don't know. We will try that next Saturday.

• Like 1

If you don’t have a mobile or don’t get a message there is people walking around the departures lounge who you can ask to check for your results as there’s someone sat at the back of the room with a computer

We are also boarding on Sunday.  In my ‘travel folder’ we have the following - 

boarding pass

etickets and booking confirmation 

insurance documents

Vaccination documents

passports

luggage labels  

health declaration 

32 minutes ago, welshy74 said:

We are also boarding on Sunday.  In my ‘travel folder’ we have the following - 

boarding pass

etickets and booking confirmation 

insurance documents

Vaccination documents

passports

luggage labels  

health declaration 

We leave on Britannia in 10 days but cannot access either the eticket or luggage labels. Is it just a delay and we need to wait or do we have an issue?

1 minute ago, BouncingWheel said:

We leave on Britannia in 10 days but cannot access either the eticket or luggage labels. Is it just a delay and we need to wait or do we have an issue?

We had ours 2 weeks ago.  Some people on our cruise only got theirs a few days ago.  Don’t know why but maybe give it a few days.  Make sure your personal details are all put in and if you booked via an agent give them a call.  I heard a few people had issues with Iglu cruises as they had not transferred payment to P&O.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, welshy74 said:

We had ours 2 weeks ago.  Some people on our cruise only got theirs a few days ago.  Don’t know why but maybe give it a few days.  Make sure your personal details are all put in and if you booked via an agent give them a call.  I heard a few people had issues with Iglu cruises as they had not transferred payment to P&O.  

We've got a cruise in December booked via this TA.  They're final date for payment has long since gone, but according to P&O's site the money hasn't been transferred over.

28 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We've got a cruise in December booked via this TA.  They're final date for payment has long since gone, but according to P&O's site the money hasn't been transferred over.

Presumably the TA will only hand over the money 90 days before the cruise

I had the same concern that the balance for our 25th September had not been paid over. I rang the TA a couple of days ago. She explained that they didn’t pass over individual payments to P&O., they went in batches. This is the agreement they have with P &O, along with several other TAs. We have dealt with this TA many times and to be honest they have always been brilliant so I am trusting them with this.

12 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

I had the same concern that the balance for our 25th September had not been paid over. I rang the TA a couple of days ago. She explained that they didn’t pass over individual payments to P&O., they went in batches. This is the agreement they have with P &O, along with several other TAs. We have dealt with this TA many times and to be honest they have always been brilliant so I am trusting them with this.

Personally, I think this system is open to abuse.  I prefer the method used by my TA, where payment is made directly to P&O,  so the TA  is never actually in possession of your money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Presumably the TA will only hand over the money 90 days before the cruise

Which is in 10 days time.  Hopefully at this point I will also get a small refund, as this was a re-booking of a higher priced cruise that had been fully paid.  Wait and see. 

Edited by Son of Anarchy