Problems After downloading Latest Ocean Medallion Update on 8/25/21?

Shelly97060

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Good.  I'm glad it works for you!

And, I'm sorry others keep having problems.

Unfortunately, there seem to be some lucky few posters here for whom the app works,

and act like anyone who is having a problem is an idiot.

The only saving grace is when it is their turn for a problem!  🙂

I have read the entire post and have found no one that has the good fortune to have a working app refer to those who are suffering as “idiots”.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moondogy said:

I've been looking up Jan Swartz's email (I lost it from the last time I wrote her a couple of years ago, But not having any luck right now. Not I will not give up the ship!!!  🤣

jswartz@princesscruises.com

I was Green Lane until this morning on the app... Logged in this morning to Blue Lane...after trying to find out what is now missing (nothing that I could see) and without closing the app, go back to page that shows my "Lane" and is Green again. I changed nothing. OMG! Glad I bought the Plus package! Once I get on the ship, there's gonna be a whole lotta drinkin' goin' on!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I've seen that too, and I hope I've never come across as thinking that. I don't think that at all. I've had my own problems with it from time to time, and as I said, I'm counting myself lucky that it's still working for me after the update. 😀

I'm sorry if it appeared I was referreng to you.  That was not my intention.

I really cringe when I read a post that says "I downloaded a new version of the app, and I can't login in."

I once had a manager who was generally calm.  When there was a serious problem that affected customers,

he might get really upset, and say:

"There is no excuse!"

This is one of those occassions.

I think the global innovators need some global regression testers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJAM3 said:

I have read the entire post and have found no one that has the good fortune to have a working app refer to those who are suffering as “idiots”.  

'here' does not specifically refer to this thread, or post.  I used here to mean this forum (or board if you prefer).

19 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

She said, her note says , “check back later, so it should be fixed soon.”

Yeah right!!!!!!

Some of the geeks I went to school with would have said: "You just need a large enough value for later"...

• Haha 1

I went to book my first night speciality dining. The app failed and gave me an error message about my address.  I then realised that the field for state/province/county was now empty. I believe that they update the app and add things leaving you to deduct afterwards what needs to be changed. I added this and then I was able to book my dining. I have to say the app really takes away your enjoyment of looking forward to your holiday. I don't know whose idea it was to go only to the app but they really need to think about this as their market and target audience are getting sick of it.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

For those who open the app and don't see green marks;  sometimes it may take 10-15 seconds for the app to change colors.  Just a FYI.

Very true.  The App takes a long time to "wake up" once you connect to it.  I suspect it is re-analyzing all of the data and setting the flags 1-5 as it goes.

Edited by Steelers36

I emailed Ocean Medallion group  yesterday to let them know there was an issue,  they emailed back saying there was an outage and it should be fixed now.  

They also recommended using the quick access login using your booking number to log on. That’s not my preferred log in method but I thought I would pass that suggestion along. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

They also recommended using the quick access login using your booking number to log on. That’s not my preferred log in method but I thought I would pass that suggestion along. 

What a total crock!  I doubt many people have their booking number(s) memorized. Logging in with my user name and password gives me access to all of our booked cruises.

2 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

I emailed Ocean Medallion group  yesterday to let them know there was an issue,  they emailed back saying there was an outage and it should be fixed now.  

Here’s the email with their advice:

B25AEBC8-B8FF-4737-AFDF-640FB598876E.thumb.png.83e50de2b517021508d8df422ea07a96.png

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

What a total crock!  I doubt many people have their booking number(s) memorized. Logging in with my user name and password gives me access to all of our booked cruises.

So does the other method.  I have at times logged in using booking nbr, name, bdate for testing purposes and after doing so, I also see our other booking which is not part of the B2B2B.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

So does the other method.  I have at times logged in using booking nbr, name, bdate for testing purposes and after doing so, I also see our other booking which is not part of the B2B2B.

Realized that was incorrect shortly after I typed it but I had something else going on and didn't take time to fix it.

2 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I always log in with my booking number

It is quick and easy

It also gives you access to the other cruises you have booked

I don't usually have to log in. The app keeps me logged in even if I reboot the dang phone. If I want to exit I have to log out rather than simply closing the app. Not top notch security.

5 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

I also emailed them a couple of days ago.  No response.  Second email regarding same problem:  I can't log in using user name/password.  It says I do not have parental consent and need to do these steps.  Not a solution.  Unable to complete directions.  No check box/area for parental consent. 

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Fortunately, I have an easy booking number to remember....this time.  The next booking has no repeating pattern.  But I shall wait.  Does anyone know if the internet manager on board has any working knowledge of the app and can "fix" stuff?

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

I always log in with my booking number

It is quick and easy

It also gives you access to the other cruises you have booked

I, too, do not log off since more afraid of what will happen if I sign off and then try to sign back in.

AND my suggestion?  Throw the app out of the nearest port hole and go back to the personalizer.  If Princess wants to keep the app for onboard they should separate the two.  One app booking, second app for on board.  Makes perfectly good sense to me.

• Like 1

I called them yesterday also , (see post #9) .  But I forgot the best part:

Yesterday I talked to a Princess representative that specializes in helping with the Medallion App. After telling me the App. was down for a while here she is trying to sell me the beverage package & or the internet package for a cruise that she knows darn well is not going to sail . It’s Nov.4 to Hawaii from LA. 
             Was a waste of my time!! 

I see it’s been mentioned and suggested that the alternative way of logging in to the App is to use your booking number. Well been there, done that countless times and all I ever I ever used to get was booking number not found. But today, before I posted I thought I’d better check ‘the latest’,  it now says ‘we’re sorry our servers are having problems. Please try again later’. Perhaps that’s a positive as I’ve never had that message before and it’s quite possible that they’ve taken the servers offline to resolve some of the issues (benefit of the doubt being given here as it early hours in the US and 9am in the U.K.). I double checked to see if I can log in normally and it recognises my email but not the password currently so assume it’s also the same server related issue until someone tells me they ‘ok’ and can login as normal, that is! I should point out that I’ve always been able to log in via the app to my account and do basic things things, like change my photo and emergency contact, I just couldn’t see any booked cruises, so can’t do any of the personalised stuff for any of my cruises!

Well I'm now able to answer my own question, servers are back  and I can log in to my account once again but unfortunately it's still not showing my booked cruises, so still at square 1 and no improvement with the recent bug fixes for me!

3 hours ago, Zippy99 said:

Well I'm now able to answer my own question, servers are back  and I can log in to my account once again but unfortunately it's still not showing my booked cruises, so still at square 1 and no improvement with the recent bug fixes for me!

I called Princess this morning because on my account our cruises are not showing.  On my husband's they do show.  The person I spoke with said one possibility was that we were using the same contact email, however changing that didn't fix the problem.  I got transferred to the "Ocean Navigators" and got the recording that they were closed.  I called back and the person I reached confirmed they were not in.  She did however put in a request to fix my problem, which may fix others..... but not until at least Monday 🙂

1 hour ago, Dar & Bob said:

I called Princess this morning because on my account our cruises are not showing.  On my husband's they do show.  The person I spoke with said one possibility was that we were using the same contact email, however changing that didn't fix the problem.  I got transferred to the "Ocean Navigators" and got the recording that they were closed.  I called back and the person I reached confirmed they were not in.  She did however put in a request to fix my problem, which may fix others..... but not until at least Monday 🙂

As I started to read your post, I said to myself....hmmmm..."it's a Saturday.  I wonder if the representative will say anything."  I am so sorry that she transferred you to a closed office.  You would think Princess would keep this office open at least on a Saturday since ALL of Princess is closed on Sunday.  

My app updates automatically.  This time around, I've had no issues (iPhone).  Everything is a go except being able to pick a boarding time.  Knock on wood.  I count myself as one of the lucky ones.