VISTA: What did you notice?

KatieBelle

We were booked on Riviera’s Maiden Voyage in 2013 I believe it was. The shipbuilders went on strike in Italy and that wiped out several segments so we were cancelled. I agree, there will be some fine tuning going on those first cruises so we will wait until the end of her Inaugural Season to book our Vista cruise. Considering one of the Miami LA segments so we can accommodate friends who would prefer not to fly over the pond. The LA to Miami has a couple days for travel agent Show and Tell’s and then heads back to Miami November 3, 2023. Who knows if there will be a Miami Show and Tell for agents and agencies but quite possibly. Got to show off Vista 👍🤪🍷🥂🍸🍮🍹and let’s hope and 🙏 NO 😷
Bonnie and Gerry

10 minutes ago, Lundboat said:

Looks like Red Ginger has far less seating than the other restaurants....

And the overall space appears smaller.

The actual amount of space , Ex Covid , doesn’t really matter. The Specialties are manned to handle X number of passengers during each seating. One often sees planned empty tables, because seating capacity exceeds service capacity. Therefore, if the two are brought more closely aligned, total space/ seating capacity could easily be reduced without affecting anything.

33 minutes ago, Lundboat said:

Looks like Red Ginger has far less seating than the other restaurants....

And the overall space appears smaller.

I was wondering the same thing. When I took another look at the renderings I think it might just be that they show a divider that separates the Red Ginger dining room into (at least two) spaces instead the single open space we all know from the O ships

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 2:02 PM, Cliff-FLL said:

The Owner's Suite is similar, but not identical, to the O ships.  The piano is gone, replaced by a large dining room table.  The bar has moved from the atrium/piano room to the other side of the wall.  It's now in the LR, where the DR table was, and appears to have doubled in size.  The deck runs the length of the suite but no long wraps around.  That deck space is now incorporated as interior space in the LR and the main bath.  The decks also appear to be deeper, allowing enough space for a U-shaped seating area.  The BR appears to have lost one of the 2 walk-in closets, but the remaining one (between the bedroom and the bath) seems significantly larger than before.  The make-up table in the BR, which could be repurposed for a multitude of uses, is gone but it seems to have reappeared in the bathroom.  The BR now has a table with a mirror, but it won't be quite as useful as the previous set-up.  I can't be sure, but it looks as if the guest bathroom, which was off the entrance foyer, has disappeared.  If so, it means guests will have to traipse through the bedroom and the closet if they need to use the facilities.  Awkward!😲

Wish I had your problems.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Robjame said:

Questions:

Will there be La Reserve meals on board? If so where?

Are reservations required for Ember? Lunch and dinner? Oceania advertises fast service or relaxed service.

It looks like there will be a version of La Reserve in the culinary center:
https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-experience/post/vista/just-revealed-vistas-imaginative-new-dining-experiences#blog-navigation
"The Culinary Center ascends to a new level of gustatory immersion as our passionate Chef Instructors share their enlightening perspectives on culture and cuisine through the lens of food and wine. Here, guests may not only partake in lively hands-on instruction – they may also indulge the pleasures of the palate in the new oceanview Culinary Center Dining Room with private group dinners or one of our many exclusive and highly acclaimed food and wine pairing experiences."

Reservations are required for dinner iat Ember:
https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/vista/culinary-experiences
Click on the Ember image and you'll see "Open for lunch and dinner; reservations required for dinner." below the image.

More Vista food-venue discussion is in this thread:
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2795925-vista-restaurants-revealed/

9 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:
4 hours ago, Robjame said:

It looks like there will be a version of La Reserve in the culinary center:
https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-experience/post/vista/just-revealed-vistas-imaginative-new-dining-experiences#blog-navigation
"The Culinary Center ascends to a new level of gustatory immersion as our passionate Chef Instructors share their enlightening perspectives on culture and cuisine through the lens of food and wine. Here, guests may not only partake in lively hands-on instruction – they may also indulge the pleasures of the palate in the new oceanview Culinary Center Dining Room with private group dinners or one of our many exclusive and highly acclaimed food and wine pairing experiences."

Reservations are required for dinner iat Ember:
https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/vista/culinary-experiences
Click on the Ember image and you'll see "Open for lunch and dinner; reservations required for dinner." below the image.

More Vista food-venue discussion is in this thread:
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2795925-vista-restaurants-revealed/

Thank you - more people than La Reserve but more elegant I think. It makes sense.

Ember - fast or slow service for dinner - interesting

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Thank you - more people than La Reserve but more elegant I think. It makes sense.

Ember - fast or slow service for dinner - interesting

I suppose we'll eventually understand what they been by fast or slow. This is always available (in my experience) at any decent restaurant; you just have to let them know you are in a hurry (or not 🙂 ). It may also be geared toward those who eat their main meal midday and eat a light evening meal. It will be fun to watch as the answers unfold.

I am looking forward to seeing how the designs compare to the final product. The organic shapes really appeal to me (curves everywhere!). Also, you can have all of the high end finishes you want, but you can drop the ball by cheaping out on windows and ceilings. So far, I've been impressed by the attention to ceiling design in the drawings. And the decorative glass makes me giddy! The white sofas in some of the rooms frighten me to death though; I hope those get darker. 🍷

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I suppose we'll eventually understand what they been by fast or slow. This is always available (in my experience) at any decent restaurant; you just have to let them know you are in a hurry

The examples that have been given for Ember - braised short ribs on polenta, grilled swordfish with asparagus, crab cakes with spicy aioli, and a cobb salad with smoked chicken - are pre-prepped items that only need to be quickly heated and garnished. That leaves me cold.

I just read the brochure that O sent us on Vista.  It is a beautiful-looking ship.

However, it appears one thing changed that means we will likely never book a cruise on her.  On Marina and Riviera there is a hot tub on the balcony of the upper suites (owners, vista, and oceania).  This appears to be missing on the new Vista ship.  Why?  There still should be plenty of room for one.

My family loves to come back to the ship after a long, tiring shore excursion and hang out in or around the hot tub and enjoy the sail-away.  So these are the only types of suites my family lets us to book, at least for a cruise to a reasonably warm destination.   It also severely limits us to which cruise lines and ships we cruise on, and I had certainly assumed that Vista would add another choice, but that appears not to be the case.

We are a little over a week away from the release of the new 2023 itineraries for the other Oceania ships. It will be interesting to compare prices on identical, or near so, itineraries on the newly released cruises versus the Vista’s prices. If the delta is significant you’ll undoubtedly see Vista cancellations and moving of deposits; or for those unsold cabin categories, a lot of price pressure as final payment draws near. For those R ship lovers, are they going to pay a premium to sail Vista. I think not, but time will tell.

1 hour ago, Torquer said:

However, it appears one thing changed that means we will likely never book a cruise on her.  On Marina and Riviera there is a hot tub on the balcony of the upper suites (owners, vista, and oceania).  This appears to be missing on the new Vista ship. 

You are so right.  There is no schematic available for OS.  However, the VS & OC schematics do appear to be without the hot tub.  OS pics show a floor to ceiling window in the bath with a tub.  I guess you could invite others into the bathroom and test the limits of the tub.  😵

I can only guess but it seems that maintenance on hot tubs constantly exposed to sea air would be quite significant.  But that is only a guess.

Katie

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Torquer said:

However, it appears one thing changed that means we will likely never book a cruise on her.  On Marina and Riviera there is a hot tub on the balcony of the upper suites (owners, vista, and oceania).  This appears to be missing on the new Vista ship.  Why?  There still should be plenty of room for one.

Not only is there not a Jacuzzi on the deck, they've eliminated it from the master bath.  As I mentioned earlier, no more bubbles, no more giggles.😁

3 hours ago, Munga 6 said:

I spoke with someone at Oceania who stated that the top three suites would have hot tubs on the deck and that the Owner's Suite would have a piano. He said to keep in mind that they didn't show everything in the pics. 

That is great news about the hot tub on the balcony, if it is true.  It is also interesting that the rep said the OS will have piano.  On Marina and Riviera the piano was in the foyer area along with the bar.  The Vista brochure shows that as the dining area; perhaps the piano will be in the living room.  We actually used the piano on prior cruises so it would be nice to have one, but I bet most people never use it and it is really just for show.  But having the hot tub is much more important for us.

8004, 8005, 8006, 8007 and 9002, 9003

These appear to be "extended", extended balconies? Wider balconies than the rest of the extended balconies and at the A1, A2 Concierge level.

Vista seems to be quite different on Decks 8 and 9 bow (wider), than  Deck 7 and Deck 10)...

Verandah and Concierge suites are larger on Vista than they are on Marina and Riviera.

291 Sq ft vs 284 Sq ft - 

Suites are 1 foot longer (9 Sq ft) from door to balcony - probably because of the lack of interior cabins?

• 9 months later...
On 9/3/2021 at 6:05 PM, pinotlover said:

The actual amount of space , Ex Covid , doesn’t really matter. The Specialties are manned to handle X number of passengers during each seating. One often sees planned empty tables, because seating capacity exceeds service capacity. Therefore, if the two are brought more closely aligned, total space/ seating capacity could easily be reduced without affecting anything.

On the Vista Red Ginger will now b e doing lunch!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

On the Vista Red Ginger will now b e doing lunch!

Interesting! 🥂

If accurate, it will be interesting to see what the lunch menu includes. Certainly not the full evening menu.

The watermelon salad and a nice sushi or sashimi selection there would make for a fantastic lunch! Then nappy Pooh time! 🥂

• Like 1