Santa Barbara Ca suspends cruise ships until Mar. 1 2022

norcalcruzr

Well that makes me cranky. With so many other cruises cancelled we picked this one to get in a visit with an older aunt. Was going to be a really enjoyable day visiting with her, then getting back on the ship. Guess we will wave to her and call her as we sail past.

25 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Curious….Did you get notified by Princess?  If so can you post the notice. 

Thanks!

Tom🤔

ITINERARY CHANGE

Please be advised that due to temporary local restrictions on cruise ships, Majestic Princess will no longer call to Santa Barbara, California on Wednesday, October 27, 2021. Instead, we will extend our call to San Francisco overnight, and will now depart at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, October 26. Additionally, arrival in San Diego will now be at 7:00 AM on Thursday, October 28, rather than 11:00 AM.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jjack413 said:

ITINERARY CHANGE

Please be advised that due to temporary local restrictions on cruise ships, Majestic Princess will no longer call to Santa Barbara, California on Wednesday, October 27, 2021. Instead, we will extend our call to San Francisco overnight, and will now depart at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, October 26. Additionally, arrival in San Diego will now be at 7:00 AM on Thursday, October 28, rather than 11:00 AM.

I’m on the October 31st cruise on the Ruby Princess with no notification about our stop in Santa Barbara. 

We’re still waiting to hear from Princess. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

I’m on the October 31st cruise on the Ruby Princess with no notification about our stop in Santa Barbara. 

We’re still waiting to hear from Princess. 

Tom😀

I'm sure that Princess is working on all of their options.  I sure hope that they don't over night in San Francisco.  😁

Edited by 2 cruises a year
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, shipsealand said:

Hopefully Princess will give us an alternate port

Do not see where. There are not exactly many ports between San Francisco and LA. With Santa Barbara and Monterey off the table really nothing else left.

Looks  like the 7 day Cali Coastal cruises are getting an overnight in San Francisco. Excellent! Mayhaps a nice dinner and evening at the theatre or an afternoon on the Hop On/Hop Off Bus and cable cars then dinner, say Crab Cioppino at Fisherman's Grotto #9, topped off with a stroll down Fisherman's Wharf. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was hoping that one of the overnights in San Francisco would coincide with a Dodgers at Giants game, but I struck out, so to speak. 

There is a cruise out of SF in the middle of a series, but flying up there, catching a Friday night game, stying in a hotel, then taking a cruise, and flying home isn't quite what I had in mind. 

Maybe another year... or another cruise line. 

46 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Looks  like the 7 day Cali Coastal cruises are getting an overnight in San Francisco. Excellent! Mayhaps a nice dinner and evening at the theatre or an afternoon on the Hop On/Hop Off Bus and cable cars then dinner, say Crab Cioppino at Fisherman's Grotto #9, topped off with a stroll down Fisherman's Wharf. 

The only overnight in San Francisco being reported is on the Majestic Princess. Since I’m on the October 31st cruise on the Ruby Princess from San Francisco I would be surprised, if at the start of our cruise, it was an overnight in San Francisco. Anything arriving at pier 27 would have to be arranged in advance with the port as other cruise ships my stop there & it is used for other events. 

I’ve contacted the port to get a copy of the cruise ship scheduled at pier 27 for the remainder of 2021 & I’ll post whatever information I have. 

FYI….We have an old cruise terminal, pier 35, next to pier 39, that can hold 2 cruise ships, which could possibly be used if pier 27 was not available. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, trbarton said:

The only overnight in San Francisco being reported is on the Majestic Princess. Since I’m on the October 31st cruise on the Ruby Princess from San Francisco I would be surprised, if at the start of our cruise, it was an overnight in San Francisco. Anything arriving at pier 27 would have to be arranged in advance with the port as other cruise ships my stop there & it is used for other events. 

I’ve contacted the port to get a copy of the cruise ship scheduled at pier 27 for the remainder of 2021 & I’ll post whatever information I have. 

FYI….We have an old cruise terminal, pier 35, next to pier 39, that can hold 2 cruise ships, which could possibly be used if pier 27 was not available. 

Tom😀

Apologies, Majestic was the only one that I looked at. 🙂

On 8/30/2021 at 7:59 PM, Bruin Steve said:

Not all that drastic...More just a sign of our Pandemic times...

We were on B2B cruises a couple of weeks back that started out as Barcelona to Rome and Rome to Venice...They morphed into Athens to Athens via Santorini, Rhodes and Israel followed by Athens to Athens via Santorini, Mykonos, Rhodes and Cyprus...Then, with just a couple of weeks to go, they canceled the Israeli ports due to a Covid outbreak and it became that second Itinerary twice...and, finally less than a week to sailing and Cyprus got dropped and replaced with Dubrovnik...

We just kept calling it "the Mystery Cruise"...and, by the time it went, we actually didn't really care where they stopped...We just wanted to cruise ANYWHERE.  After a year and a half of no cruises, just being on the ship, eating, drinking, being entertained...having people pick up after us and getting to actually meet and talk to other human beings became far more important than the details of the itinerary--which, of course, now looked nothing like what we originally signed up for...

And, you know what?  IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!

I know what you mean. We rarely get off the ship anymore anyway since we were just doing the same cruise up and down the coast. The point of cruising for us more is exactly what you described. And I’m dying to cruise again!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alaskanb said:

It's now an overnight in San Francisco and arriving earlier in San Diego

Which ship are you referring to?  I'm on the Ruby Princess, Oct. 31 round trip out of San Francisco.   Have heard nothing yet from Princess, they are still showing Santa Barbara as the first stop, along with options to book shore excursions at that port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norcalcruzr said:

Which ship are you referring to?  I'm on the Ruby Princess, Oct. 31 round trip out of San Francisco.   Have heard nothing yet from Princess, they are still showing Santa Barbara as the first stop, along with options to book shore excursions at that port.

Sorry --Oct 23 Majestic Princess

For our Oct 23 coastal, I received a Princess email yesterday of overnight SF:

ITINERARY CHANGE

Updated shore excursion information will be available in the Cruise Personalizer within the next two weeks.