Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Have a wonderful cruise.    Best advise is to buffer the negativity you hear about cruising and be prepared.    We had plenty of masks and used them even though not required.   Except for once no one even mentioned them.    A man came up to us and asked why we were wearing masks and saying the "really don't protect your.     I politely said that may be so but I'm wearing it to protect YOU. 

He looked puzzled.

That’s my husband’s response too and he usually gets the same puzzled looks! 

My reasoning is more that I take my respiratory medical advice from my pulmonologist!   Fortunately I haven’t needed to say it as I don’t think it’s just passive sounding, unless passive aggressive works! 

As for working they seemed to have substantial reduced both flu and colds which is a plus for me. 

Off topic, sort of:

On a China tour run by our community college we were required to bring our own chopsticks and alcohol pads.  At each meal we all cleaned our cups and spoons at least.  At the end the professor was impressed that that was the first illness free tour and attributed it to the cleaning.  I suggested it was the ritual that reminded us to be careful and probably had nothing to do with the cleaning.  I think masks now may remind us to distance too! 

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak

4 hours ago, PaulS said:

My wife and I followed your review closely and appreciate all of your advice because we boarded on Sunday, the day you got off. Although we are not in the Penthouse, we do have a Sky Suite and the service is outstanding. Apparently, there are about 1500 people on the cruise and we have been told that by a November, they will be operating at 70% capacity. Our stops in Barbados and Grenada have been replaced with a stop in St. Maarten and a sea day.

I'm sure you will love the cruise.   The staff were all very attentive and always happy to help with whatever you needed.

Will be interested to hear if all 1500 showed up and boarded.   It usually takes a couple days to hear the final numbers.     Fabio, CC Host, seemed to know pretty well what the numbers are.

1 hour ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

That’s my husband’s response too and he usually gets the same puzzled looks! 

My reasoning is more that I take my respiratory medical advice from my pulmonologist!   Fortunately I haven’t needed to say it as I don’t think it’s just passive sounding, unless passive aggressive works! 

As for working they seemed to have substantial reduced both flu and colds which is a plus for me. 

Off topic, sort of:

On a China tour run by our community college we were required to bring our own chopsticks and alcohol pads.  At each meal we all cleaned our cups and spoons at least.  At the end the professor was impressed that that was the first illness free tour and attributed it to the cleaning.  I suggested it was the ritual that reminded us to be careful and probably had nothing to do with the cleaning.  I think masks now may remind us to distance too! 

It is a great habit to get into.   We brought wipes with us and when boarding the airplane they gave us additional wipes.   We wiped down everything in our reach.    

Just got my 3rd Pfizer shot and tomorrow is our flu shot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Jim, 

Thank you for taking us all along on your journey.  It has been a GREAT read.  All 90+ pages of it.  Fortunately I was reading along from the start.  So much great info and positivity on this thread.  Looking forward to boarding Celebrity Equinox very soon.  Yay!

Paul

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maggieq said:

Thanks so much for allowing to cruise along with you again!    

ok, I know you both just returned but have to ask when are we cruising again and where ?😊 

Our next cruise isn't until March when we do a B2B2B starting with the Silhouette East Bound TA.  

Cruising is so addictive!     I was looking at some Pacific Coast posts yesterday but hasn't gotten Iain on board (so to speak) yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Our next cruise isn't until March when we do a B2B2B starting with the Silhouette East Bound TA.  

Cruising is so addictive!     I was looking at some Pacific Coast posts yesterday but hasn't gotten Iain on board (so to speak) yet.

I followed for both cruises and enjoyed your perspective.  It was my 1st, but not last, ride-along. 

My most memorable post is the one that included a video of Iain playing and you commenting that he played that piece the day you realized you loved him.  Beautiful.

Stay safe.

Mary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Go September 16 on the Millie.

8 hours ago, Beba-Beba said:

I followed for both cruises and enjoyed your perspective.  It was my 1st, but not last, ride-along. 

My most memorable post is the one that included a video of Iain playing and you commenting that he played that piece the day you realized you loved him.  Beautiful.

Stay safe.

Mary

Thank you Mary.     I have to admit that video still brings a tear to my eye.   I had only told him once on how meaningful Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini was to me.   No wonder we have been married 32 years.

• Like 7

I wanted to post a observation about the crew and the ability to purchase needed personal supplies.   On our last cruise we were accidentally locked in the shopping area with closed doors.   They opened them for us and explained that once a month they  block off the shopping area for crew to do their shopping.     Nice gesture for sure.

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I wanted to post a observation about the crew and the ability to purchase needed personal supplies.   On our last cruise we were accidentally locked in the shopping area with closed doors.   They opened them for us and explained that once a month they  block off the shopping area for crew to do their shopping.     Nice gesture for sure.

i can’t imagine the shopping area having many of the essentials the crew might need.  But I’m guessing gifts they usually buy on shore might be available there.  I’ve seen their name brand bags and never see what they are buying on board, but maybe I’m not looking hard enough!  

it’s still a nice gesture to be able to shop the shops! 

On 9/25/2021 at 8:18 PM, cruise101 said:

Thank you so much Jim. It is so very kind of you.

I tried the email link in your signature, but got a pop-up saying “this feature is disabled”. May be I did not look in the right place.

I’d really appreciate if at your convenience, you can please email the picture to me at behram101atgmail.com

Many thanks once again and I look forward to following your blog on your upcoming TA cruise.

Stay safe & healthy.

Hi Jim: Just a gentle reminder re my above post/request. No rush, at your convenience please.

2 hours ago, venicecruiser said:

I am hoping you cruise again very soon!  April is too long to wait for another "live from" from you!  Now I have nothing to read in the am!

Claudia

Claudia ----

I'm Jim and I'm a Cruise Addict.      Just finished booking a B2B California Coastal Cruise on Millennium  leaving in 10 days.   Busy getting everything in place.   

Since the cruise starts and finish in San Diego it will be much easier as we will fly down the morning of the cruise and then back at the end of the cruise. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi Jim,

Living vicariously through your posts.  We are cruise addicts as well and can't wait to get back on board. We are older parents of a young 8 year old, so until she can be vaccinated, we're not making any plans.

I have really enjoyed your posts and can't want to read the next in just a few days.  

SK

33 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm Jim and I'm a Cruise Addict.    

And the traditional AA response...

"Hi, Jim!"

Wanted to thank you again for the PJ tip.  I used the Celebrity online site (finally found the right url) to send a request for something akin to your St. Kitts itinerary.  Will be interested to see how they respond.

16 minutes ago, weacat said:

Hi Jim,

Living vicariously through your posts.  We are cruise addicts as well and can't wait to get back on board. We are older parents of a young 8 year old, so until she can be vaccinated, we're not making any plans.

I have really enjoyed your posts and can't want to read the next in just a few days.  

SK

It will be an interesting cruise for sure.   Each cruise has an overnight in San Francisco (which is about 35 miles from our home).   

We may take it as an opportunity to have lunch or dinner with friends we haven't seen in awhile. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, canderson said:

And the traditional AA response...

"Hi, Jim!"

Wanted to thank you again for the PJ tip.  I used the Celebrity online site (finally found the right url) to send a request for something akin to your St. Kitts itinerary.  Will be interested to see how they respond.

Jennifer, the Shore Excursion Manager, did a great job of putting them together.