Rccl now requires a covid19 test within 2 days of sailing!

DJChick

3 hours ago, beverland said:

Good day!  I just went to the link provided by RCCL to order kit.  Still has the same verbiage about it being available 9/8/21.  Today IS 9/8/21!  Anyone else tried the link today?

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

Must have just posted.....  I clicked through royal earlier and went to emed and ordered the 6 set.  If I had waited, I could have done 3.

5 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

Don't we need a test 2 days before debarkation?  Or does Royal Caribbean handle this.

I'd thought having an extra one or two tests would be  good, in case we botch one.

Yes, no sooner than 2 days before embarkation. Royal does not handle embarkation testing except in certain circumstances (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise).

Its a great idea to have some spares as some folks have reported having faulty tests.

19 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

Don't we need a test 2 days before debarkation?  Or does Royal Caribbean handle this.

I'd thought having an extra one or two tests would be  good, in case we botch one.

Where are you having to get a test before debarkation? Are you on adventure or cruising from a non usa port? Only unvaccinated get tested before debark from with with a few exceptions, like b2b etc.

Not required that I know of for any of my 2021 cruises.

This whole thing is kinda nerve-wracking. I know I could pay the $70 for two tests, but I can get them for free at the park. I took one (PCR) last Friday at 4:00 PM and got results Sunday at 6:00 AM, which would be perfect. BUT, what if they don't come in as fast next time? Auuuuugggghhh. 

Cruising on Adventure, Friday the 17th. I guess I'll bite the bullet and purchase, but it just seems like a new revenue stream.

5 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Will Royal Caribbean add 18% gratuity if I order the tests with their link?😜 

Nah, that is just a direct link to The Optum Store website is all.  RC is not getting anything out of it unless there is a behind the scenes kickback to them which I highly doubt.  

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

The things people post to add to their count.  I mean really dumb

Lighten up, Francis, a moment of levity under the current circumstances is necessary, and appreciated by most.

My post count isn't nearly as important to me, as apparently yours is to you.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lynnber said:

This whole thing is kinda nerve-wracking. I know I could pay the $70 for two tests, but I can get them for free at the park. I took one (PCR) last Friday at 4:00 PM and got results Sunday at 6:00 AM, which would be perfect. BUT, what if they don't come in as fast next time? Auuuuugggghhh. 

Cruising on Adventure, Friday the 17th. I guess I'll bite the bullet and purchase, but it just seems like a new revenue stream.

No, an old existing revenue stream for Abbott labs, Royal is getting nothing out of this.

The testing two days before sailing isn't the troublesome part, for me, the requiring kids to have the PCR test is. I purchased home tests so I didn't have to worry about not being able to get tested, and now I'm back to not being sure I can't get my granddaughters test completed. This is ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Embre said:

The testing two days before sailing isn't the troublesome part, for me, the requiring kids to have the PCR test is. I purchased home tests so I didn't have to worry about not being able to get tested, and now I'm back to not being sure I can't get my granddaughters test completed. This is ridiculous.

I'm with you on this.  We're on Oasis Nov. 7.  The PCR thing is a problem added to that CVS only tests 3 and up.  My son will be a month shy of 3 so we'll have to find a test somewhere.  Worst case scenario is it looks like you can get a rapid PCR test at the Miami airport for a fee.

• Like 1

So for my test kit saga.. I was waiting on my Optum kits I bought on the 3rd. I called again yesterday they said they were low stock and wouldnt likely get to me by Friday.. so hubby got on last night, ordered 2 kits. I got on eMED ordered 6 kits.. and we waited to see who got tracking info first. 

Hubby did.. his 2 will come tomorrow, I cancelled the Optum 2, and the 6 coming from eMED also shipped. So now we'll have 8! 

I plan on bringing them all with me to Seattle on Sat, and if anyone needs to buy one last minute I will have some to sell. 

If nothing else I keep them for a cruise in Feb if the expiration dates allow. 

Of course, none of the 8 are in my hands yet, so anything could happen. But at least I have tracking info.. 

So thankful for that! 

If anyone needs a kit or 2, let me know. (in Seattle on 9-11, 9-12 or 9-13) 

4 minutes ago, cruising in mn said:

So for my test kit saga.. I was waiting on my Optum kits I bought on the 3rd. I called again yesterday they said they were low stock and wouldnt likely get to me by Friday.. so hubby got on last night, ordered 2 kits. I got on eMED ordered 6 kits.. and we waited to see who got tracking info first. 

Hubby did.. his 2 will come tomorrow, I cancelled the Optum 2, and the 6 coming from eMED also shipped. So now we'll have 8! 

I plan on bringing them all with me to Seattle on Sat, and if anyone needs to buy one last minute I will have some to sell. 

If nothing else I keep them for a cruise in Feb if the expiration dates allow. 

Of course, none of the 8 are in my hands yet, so anything could happen. But at least I have tracking info.. 

So thankful for that! 

If anyone needs a kit or 2, let me know. (in Seattle on 9-11, 9-12 or 9-13) 

This is exactly what someone did just recently on a Seattle cruise. Brought extras with her and left her cell on her Roll Call, in case somebody showed up and didn’t know the rules. She figured she might make somebody’s day better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

This is exactly what someone did just recently on a Seattle cruise. Brought extras with her and left her cell on her Roll Call, in case somebody showed up and didn’t know the rules. She figured she might make somebody’s day better.

Exactly! I mean it could be the difference between cruising and not cruising.. I'd hate for someone not to be able to go for this last minute change from the CDC 😞 

• Like 1

We are in the same boat with kids testing, not sure it is even possible at this time and will likely have to cancel, we first booked in 2019 and keep having to push things back but not sure what to do with 32 days to sail. Do they send updated policies before the cruise or do I just have to go with what is on the RCCL site? Heck still waiting for check in at this point despite getting an email 2 weeks ago saying we could check in but still not working.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

So I'm sailing on the 26th of Dec. Does RCCL really expect pharmacies to be open on Christmas Eve to get tested for the cruise??

I don't think they have thought of every single scenario but you have time to figure out options. The at-home test may be your best bet. Several people have called and asked about being able to take the test on holidays and they have been assured it will be available. 

Plus you've got a while. Things could change between now and then.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, scchase said:

We are in the same boat with kids testing, not sure it is even possible at this time and will likely have to cancel, we first booked in 2019 and keep having to push things back but not sure what to do with 32 days to sail. Do they send updated policies before the cruise or do I just have to go with what is on the RCCL site? Heck still waiting for check in at this point despite getting an email 2 weeks ago saying we could check in but still not working.

Just select the port you are sailing from, and read the Royal requirements.  Just bookmark this link as I'm sure it will be updated as things change.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

3 hours ago, Embre said:

I could be wrong and have been before but I honestly think they don't want kids to cruise right now and this is a way of discouraging it. Tighten the restrictions to make it about impossible. A two day PCR requirement is absurd and IS pretty much impossible. They know that 

Edited by ryano
  • Like 3