Just Received my Important Updates from Celebrity

Missymo

1 hour ago, Missymo said:

,   Received an l Email. ,paid in full, why go to their website?  Just saying . . .

I agree. I'm no lawyer, but I would think that courts would also find that information mailed directly to a passenger takes precedence over information found on a website. The situation might be different if the mailing advised passengers to check the website for the most current information, but that is not the case.

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Because you don't trust form letters over Covid related updates to the web site. When I spend thousands of dollars on a vacation, I double check everything. Since the pandemic began, I have checked everything even more carefully than before. Changes can, and do, occur after final payment.

I'm like you, I double and triple check all aspects of a coming cruise or other vacation plans. But there are many less experienced or simply trusting individuals who would purchase a cruise and expect the cruise line to advise them of any changes. And when they receive an email claiming to be an important update, it wouldn't cross their minds that they should ignore the email and run to their computer to determine the truth. Regular CC members are well aware of Celebrity's abysmal communications consistency, but the average cruiser has no reason to think that an email from Celebrity shouldn't be trusted.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

If you bring with you  that email letter with date and your email address on it they are legally obligated to honor. They may try to BS some. If I hadn’t been on here and went with that letter and then be denied boarding the uproar I would make would be a classic.

I don't mean to be funny, but are you a lawyer?  It seems to me they can just say it was a mistake.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 39august said:

I wonder what happens if  anyone who receives the wrong 3 day info takes it for fact and presents a 3 day test at the pier?  And so far we have received no info for tests required yet from X and we sail Sept. 26. I just changed our 3 day tests to 2 days yesterday. 

I think that Celebrity would honor, and would be obligated to honor, testing done in compliance with an e-mail sent directly to a guest, specifically instructing them as to when the testing could take place.  That’s just my personal opinion, obviously. 

• Like 1

Just now, zitsky said:

I don't mean to be funny, but are you a lawyer?  It seems to me they can just say it was a mistake.

A mistake that, if it was me, would cost them not only the entire cost of the cruise/flight/hotel, but another one as well.

7 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I think that Celebrity would honor, and would be obligated to honor, testing done in compliance with an e-mail sent directly to a guest, specifically instructing them as to when the testing could take place.  That’s just my personal opinion, obviously. 

X could say yea we sent a 3 day email but then we sent a 2 day email.  Why don't you have that?  Plus emails are easy to fake.  

Just now, Dwight1 said:

You paid for the cruise, they set the terms and conditions in writing. Saying it was a mistake that was not gross or obvious in error is not a remedy. I’m a controller who has read and enforced many, many contracts, I do not flip burgers.

Ok now I'm being funny.  Did I say you flip 🍔

4 hours ago, 39august said:

I wonder what happens if  anyone who receives the wrong 3 day info takes it for fact and presents a 3 day test at the pier?  And so far we have received no info for tests required yet from X and we sail Sept. 26. I just changed our 3 day tests to 2 days yesterday. 

Hi - we sail on (Sunday) the 26th also - plan on getting tested on Friday -

before we fly out to Florida on Saturday

Am going to make a couple of different appointments at CVS locations (in case one cancels at the last minute) as well as make an appointment at a local walk-in urgent care clinic 

Just now, TeeRick said:

Carnival is setting up mobile rapid testing at its homeports.  Celebrity needs to do the same!

Couldn’t agree more! At least as an option if you can’t get your test back in time, etc.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Carnival is setting up mobile rapid testing at its homeports.  Celebrity needs to do the same!

I'm not sure the testing at the port is a good option for people who need to fly to the port.  If you test positive, you're stuck at the port for at least 10 days.  If they can get enough test observers, the home test sounds like the best option to me.  You can test before you fly.  

the BinexNow, covid self tests are now selling in Walgreens.  $23.95. This test is not monitored but you can check yourself before  having to board a flight.  

As of this morning, No email from Celebrity yet. concerning change in  covid testing. 

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I'm not sure the testing at the port is a good option for people who need to fly to the port.  If you test positive, you're stuck at the port for at least 10 days.  If they can get enough test observers, the home test sounds like the best option to me.  You can test before you fly.  

Yes, that would be a problem for sure.  However, if the port testing was an available option, that would sure make it easier for folks.  As Missymo points out, a self test before departure would be a good strategy to mitigate the risk of a surprise positive test at the port.  Maybe multiple emails to Ms. Lutoff-Perlo would help. 

34 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Yes that is exactly my issue for my Seattle cruise on Friday Sept 24th.  We have a flight early on Sept 22 across country from Philadelphia.  Cannot change it (again!). We had a test planned for Sept 21 at CVS here but now that won't do us any good with the 2 day change.  So need to test after we get to Seattle from the hotel I guess.  If one of us is positive that would mean a quarantine in Seattle somewhere.  This is no longer a stress free vacation.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

This is no longer a stress free vacation.

You might consider a self-test on the evening before your flight and the proctored test (or a test at the SEATAC) upon arrival in Seattle.  While there is always a chance of a false negative and then a positive result 12 hours later, the likelihood is very remote, made even more remote if you have been careful about exposure for the days leading up to departure.

Whichever route you end up going, I hope it works out for you.  The Millennium experience a couple of weeks ago was fabulous.  The small boat excursion to the face of the glacier is definitely worth it if you can arrange it.  And, the Martini Bar is a great stress relief strategy.🙂

34 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes that is exactly my issue for my Seattle cruise on Friday Sept 24th.  We have a flight early on Sept 22 across country from Philadelphia.  Cannot change it (again!). We had a test planned for Sept 21 at CVS here but now that won't do us any good with the 2 day change.  So need to test after we get to Seattle from the hotel I guess.  If one of us is positive that would mean a quarantine in Seattle somewhere.  This is no longer a stress free vacation.

I hear you.   We have similar travel constraints with a 2-day test; our strong preference would be to test before we leave home, for obvious reasons.   How about this possibility: get the accepted Abbott BinaxNow proctored home test.  The proctors are available 24/7.  Do the test in the wee hours of Sept. 22, well before you have to leave for the airport.  If it's negative, you are good to go, and the test will be within the time frame acceptable for boarding. If it's positive, you don't go.

I agree, it's stressful.  Good luck!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Has anyone phoned in to query the discrepancy?

Call three reps at Celebrity and get three different answers. Unfortunately, it seems clear that no single person in headquarters is in charge of messaging on covid and testing. They need someone who has to review and approve for accuracy and consistency all communications that go out about this, whether by e-mail, on their website, or by any other means.  It’s not rocket science. 

3 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Call three reps at Celebrity and get three different answers. Unfortunately, it seems clear that no single person in headquarters is in charge of messaging on covid and testing. They need someone who has to review and approve for accuracy and consistency all communications that go out about this, whether by e-mail, on their website, or by any other means.  It’s not rocket science. 

This is why people "Ask a Friend" on CC.

10 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

This is why people "Ask a Friend" on CC.

If it helps this is the situation in the UK.

If you turn up without having the test results Celebrity has the facilities to do rapid tests at the port.

Some ships here are doing all testing at the port. The lines and delays are horrendous the Celebrity system has been working well.

For dates of tests for a sailing on a Saturday test any time Wednesday or Thursday