NCL-bait and switch?

billdadm

23 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Wow, all these cruises, all the days on NCL and now I feel I've been missing something.  Happy Hour, when, where, what NCL ship(s).  

Not that it would have any impact on me anyway but I didn't realized NCL had a HH. 

23 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Wow, all these cruises, all the days on NCL and now I feel I've been missing something.  Happy Hour, when, where, what NCL ship(s).  

Not that it would have any impact on me anyway but I didn't realized NCL had a HH. 

They did before the beverage package existed, discontinued years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thanks, OK the Venetian one definitely looks like a good deal (except for the fact that we've already got a Japan cruise booked for the same time period, and that the cheapest cabins on Oceania are already on a waitlist, and that 3 of the ports were on the same itinerary we just sailed two weeks ago). Nonetheless, I see your point, and I appreciate that there are some Oceania cruises that would fit our budget. What we've seen in the past is that cruises on Oceania that we've shown an interest in, have been vastly more expensive than the mainstream cruise lines. It's true that, as in the example you gave (and I also looked at some Caribbean itineraries for 2022), there are good deals to be had with them, but the challenge is finding something that isn't just a repeat of cruises we've already done. That being said, we will certainly consider Oceania in the future. They send us at least 2-3 brochures a WEEK, and I often joke to my wife that they could reduce their prices if they stopped printing and sending full-color brochures all the time! We have a stack of them that's about 1 foot high, and I'm not exaggerating. My dad did a British Isles cruise with Oceania a few years ago and really liked it, however unlike me, he's retired and well-off, so it's not a fair comparison. My wife started a new job a few months ago after an extended period of unemployment, and she gets no benefits, and we have lots of expenses so we have to be careful not to overextend ourselves. We tend to budget and plan our vacations pretty carefully. One year we might decide to splurge and do just 1 pricey cruise, and Oceania may well be it. However, that won't be in 2022, our vacation schedule is already full. But one day!

PS this message was in reply to @Flatbush Flyer, it took me more than an hour to post it because CC kept crashing on me, then my computer crashed on me and I had to restart, then I had a doctor's appointment, and then CC still was acting up. I hope my reply gets posted THIS TIME. FFS....

Right now (and for the past week +) CC’s mobile version (iPhones, etc) has been very problematic. Notification links won’t load, responses won’t post, .....

It’s been a very frustrating experience with everything okay for several hours and then nada.

And the cache/cookie dumps recommended by CC don’t help anything. 
Fortunately, I’ve been informed that “it’s being worked on.” But, during the past few years, including a failed/abandoned app, what was fir a long time a very solid mobile website has really tanked.

On 9/11/2021 at 12:50 PM, billdadm said:

I am a platinum member of NCL and called to take advantage of the labor day sale. I was informed that I would get the "Cruise First" deal. Pay $250.00 and get the same in credit for a down payment. We did so on the 3rd. By the 9th our circumstances had changed. I called to cancel and get my $250.00 back. Nope," you now have a $500.00 credit to use by 2024. Not my idea of a good business practice.

Also "Free at Sea" right. Drink package, hmn free except for a 7 day cruise it's $277.20 service charge for the drinks.

Don't know if I'll go with NCL again.

All sales final. And the fees associated with free at sea are well documented. Since you say “go with NCL again”, that has not changed in a while. 

3 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Right. I think they had it in 2012, didn't they? My first cruise was  Feb. of that year. Seems to me they had a HH. 

We sailed POA in 2007 and they had happy hour drink prices from (IIRC) 5 - 7.  That reduced the prices from crazy to half crazy.  Fortunately, the free at see beverage packages are ubiquitous at this point, so no need for that second mortgage just to enjoy a cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Right now (and for the past week +) CC’s mobile version (iPhones, etc) has been very problematic. Notification links won’t load, responses won’t post, .....

It’s been a very frustrating experience with everything okay for several hours and then nada.

And the cache/cookie dumps recommended by CC don’t help anything. 
Fortunately, I’ve been informed that “it’s being worked on.” But, during the past few years, including a failed/abandoned app, what was fir a long time a very solid mobile website has really tanked.

I finally had to sign out of Firefox and use Edge instead. I was, and am, using a desktop, not a mobile device, but there's clearly something going on with CC. Every time I tried to respond to you or post a general reply to the thread, CC would quote 5-10 other posts and then at the bottom of the page it would ask me to create a CC account or sign in, EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY WAS. I shouldn't complain since this forum is free, but it's still frustrating. 

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I finally had to sign out of Firefox and use Edge instead. I was, and am, using a desktop, not a mobile device, but there's clearly something going on with CC. Every time I tried to respond to you or post a general reply to the thread, CC would quote 5-10 other posts and then at the bottom of the page it would ask me to create a CC account or sign in, EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY WAS. I shouldn't complain since this forum is free, but it's still frustrating. 

Apparently, it is a known issue and is being dealt with.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 10:39 AM, MoCruiseFan said:

They do that.  Just click the link for details of any offer,

Yes, I understand.  What I was saying is instead of a hidden charge, say it up front.  If, for example, a package costs $100 (plus a $20 hidden fee) then just be transparent and say to begin with that the package cost is $120.  

On 9/11/2021 at 12:50 PM, billdadm said:

I am a platinum member of NCL and called to take advantage of the labor day sale. I was informed that I would get the "Cruise First" deal. Pay $250.00 and get the same in credit for a down payment. We did so on the 3rd. By the 9th our circumstances had changed. I called to cancel and get my $250.00 back. Nope," you now have a $500.00 credit to use by 2024. Not my idea of a good business practice.

Also "Free at Sea" right. Drink package, hmn free except for a 7 day cruise it's $277.20 service charge for the drinks.

Don't know if I'll go with NCL again.

The service charge on drinks with the FREE AT SEA is ridiculous.  We liked NCL better BEFORE FREE AT SEA.