Lost Luggage

ClwtrBoi

4 hours ago, ClwtrBoi said:

Just got off the Encore and we're missing 3 bags. NCL is being very unhelpful. Any suggestions are welcome ! I believe there were also another 2 or 3 bags missing with the Priority/Haven tags

I have had that happen, Travel insurance with documentation from NCL is all you need.  NCL wont pay anything.

STeve

• Like 1

Just got off the Encore and we're missing 3 bags. NCL is being very unhelpful. Any suggestions are welcome ! I believe there were also another 2 or 3 bags missing with the Priority/Haven tags

Just to clarify.  Are these bags that you tagged and put outside your room the night before and then they weren't in the terminal luggage area?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Just to clarify.  Are these bags that you tagged and put outside your room the night before and then they weren't in the terminal luggage area?

Yes, we placer a total of 6 bags outside last night (2 Bedroom Villa) and three of them made it and 3 didn't. Still waiting to hear back from NCL, only helpful person has been a lady at the lost luggage desk who doesn't seems to have much information or authority. They're thinking maybe they were sent to the aiport by accident. 

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We’re these bags sent via Bag Valet to your destination airport? 

No, we're staying overnight in Seattle, only tags were personal ID tags and the Gold/Piority tags we were given by our butler.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I have had that happen, Travel insurance with documentation from NCL is all you need.  NCL wont pay anything.

STeve

We have isnurance but we need to wait 12 hours to file for a delayed bag, and until NCL gives up and declares our bags lost to file for lost luggage. We have our forms from NCL but hoping they'll turn up sooner or later. 

1 minute ago, ClwtrBoi said:

Yes, we placer a total of 6 bags outside last night (2 Bedroom Villa) and three of them made it and 3 didn't. Still waiting to hear back from NCL, only helpful person has been a lady at the lost luggage desk who doesn't seems to have much information or authority. They're thinking maybe they were sent to the aiport by accident. 

While most bags go to the airport, there is a big difference between the Haven gold tags and the small, white tags that go to the airport. 

Update: apparently our bags have been located at the airport, but they don't know who will bring them to the pier or hotel and when. I'm thinking and hoping they'll be delivered to our hotel. Also hoping the other couple with lost bags get theirs, I believe they were driving to CA today and had medicines in the bags 😬.  Always keep important papers/things with you! 

• Like 2

To give closure to this thread: our three bags were delivered to our hotel while we were out. All's well that ends well, but it would have been nice to have clearer communications and of course ideally our bags wouldn't have been taken elsewhere.  

• Like 4

I believe they were driving to CA today and had medicines in the bags 😬

An experienced traveler would never put medications in checked luggage!  If they were headed home it shouldn't be much of an issue anyway, they should have more at home.

I don't put anything of value in checked luggage unless I simply can't avoid it...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, hallux said:

An experienced traveler would never put medications in checked luggage!  If they were headed home it shouldn't be much of an issue anyway, they should have more at home.

I don't put anything of value in checked luggage unless I simply can't avoid it...

I agree. During check-in on the 8/21 sailing, the people directing to the COVID testing kept telling us that we couldn't take our carry-on with us to the testing site and it had to be checked with the porters. I said well I am not going to get tested then because it wasn't leaving my sight. My CPAP was in there among other things and I would NEVER check my CPAP.

Lo and Behold when we got to the Marriott they had a holding area for for luggage while you were in testing. 

I always keep anything valuable and at least 2 days of clothing in my carry-on. Never know when someone is going to mess up and your bags end up on the wrong side of the country.

A suggestion for everyone though: Get yourself some AirTags. It $99 for 4 of them. I was able to track my luggage through both the port process and when at the airport. I could see where it was and if it made it where it needed to go. Best $99 I've spent. 

Edited by zerooveride
forgot to add something, fixed now!
  • Like 1

Post like this make me cringe. I always recommend the "Tile" Tracker or Apples new Airtag.

https://amzn.to/3tC9W6s

https://amzn.to/3lnT7bI

The Tile works!!! I had a bag lost in Europe and in Miami. Each time I was able to see were my bag was and both were returned. In Miami my bag fell off a conveyor belt in the terminal. I was able to show the baggage people its here in the terminal as they were telling me it never made in on the plane. They were able to "Find" my bag in 10 minutes 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Another vote for AIRTAGS!  I travel a lot.  Well worth the investment.  Quick question….you can’t carry any backpack with you to the testing site?

Backpack is fine, but roller bags no. The testing site is a bit small when you start filling it up with hundreds of people. Imagine hundreds of people and even half them with a carryon roller bag - uggg. Good luck walking through all that. Small purse/backpack/messenger bag/tote bag is fine. Anything else beyond that leave it somewhere else.

Regarding lost bags - we were on the 8/28 sailing and used the Port Valet to get the bags from our cabin directly to the airport. We were happy with the service, until we got to JFK and found ourselves one bag short. Checked with the Alaska Airlines rep and he claimed the bag was held up in Seattle by TSA, and that it was "normal" for them to hold bags from an outside 3rd party courier. We got to the airport at 10am, flight wasn't until 1:40pm.

Bag was eventually reunited with us the following day at home and the tags told a different story. Alaska Airlines shipped it from Seattle to San Diego for some reason instead of JFK. Then the following morning they shipped it from San Diego to JFK, got to NY at 3pm, and a courier dropped it at our house at 10pm.

They (AA) claim they're giving us a $100 credit for the inconvenience, but I still haven't seen it yet and have no plans to use it. Just annoyed that they lied to us about where it was.

8 hours ago, hallux said:

That's a good suggestion - for those with iPhones.  Some of us haven't caved to Apple's marketing (for mobile devices anyway)...

Samsung makes a similar product but I'm not sure it works quite as good as AirTags. I also know that T-Mobile makes (sells) a tracker as well.

• Like 1

Just now, zerooveride said:

Samsung makes a similar product but I'm not sure it works quite as good as AirTags. I also know that T-Mobile makes (sells) a tracker as well.

Sure, so does Tile (the original).  I was simply pointing out that the devices by the name 'AirTag', which are Apple devices, are not compatible with everyone's device.  Yes, people need to do their research, but if someone with a Samsung goes and buys 'AirTag' devices because someone suggested them they're going to be frustrated that they need to return them and go find something else.

Using a name of an Apple device to refer to a class of devices seems to be getting more and more popular, I sometimes see people referring to Android phones as 'iPhone' or tablets as 'iPad'.  When suggesting a device people need to be careful about doing that...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well that kind of takes the luster off of that much raved about "port valet."

It certainly was great, until it wasn't. 

We had put a forgotten can of beer from Seattle in the outer pocket of the suitcase, so we just assumed it had popped and leaked from the handling of the bag and that was what was holding it up. Nope - can was a little dented but the beer was intact, as was the salmon and other snacks we bought and brought home. No sign of anyone even rummaging through the bag for a standard TSA check.

I blame this one 100% on Alaska Airlines for simply putting it on the wrong plane. 

2 hours ago, hallux said:

Sure, so does Tile (the original).  I was simply pointing out that the devices by the name 'AirTag', which are Apple devices, are not compatible with everyone's device.  Yes, people need to do their research, but if someone with a Samsung goes and buys 'AirTag' devices because someone suggested them they're going to be frustrated that they need to return them and go find something else.

Using a name of an Apple device to refer to a class of devices seems to be getting more and more popular, I sometimes see people referring to Android phones as 'iPhone' or tablets as 'iPad'.  When suggesting a device people need to be careful about doing that...

When I posted my comment, it was specifically about AirTags and I was not using AirTags as a catchall.

As for Tile, I had them inside my luggage but they were useless. Only told me that it didn't know where it was and when it was last seen (which was when it left my cabin!).

AirTags in MY opinion are the far superior product in the category. But alas, they don't work completely with Android. 

And for the record, I use to work for Apple and saw some of the inner workings of the company, and I am no Apple Fanboy! I switched from Android to iPhone initially for one reason: my hearing aids only worked with the iPhone and didn't need a secondary device to work, like it did for Android.

So in closing, if you have an iPhone, iPad or even a Mac, then the AirTags are the way to go to track your luggage.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hallux said:

I checked out the Apple AirTags and read that they’re not compatible with iPhone X or below. I guess I’ll have to wait a bit. 

• Like 1