Transfer Reservation from one TA to another TA?

mfabz

11 minutes ago, cruiserhal said:

Thank you very much for this information!!!   I appreciate it!!!   Maybe there is light at the end of this messy tunnel.   Since this is for a Celebrity cruise would the address be reservationtransfers@celebrity.com or is the one you gave for overall Corporate RCI?   Sorry for the dumb question.

Keep in mind there were two email addresses in that post.  One to send an email.  One for the response.

38 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Keep in mind there were two email addresses in that post.  One to send an email.  One for the response.

You are right I used the wrong email.   I'll try agencychanges@celebrity.com to see if that works.  If not I'll use the one with rccl.com.

Thanks again for your help.

1 hour ago, cruiserhal said:

Thank you very much for this information!!!   I appreciate it!!!   Maybe there is light at the end of this messy tunnel.   Since this is for a Celebrity cruise would the address be reservationtransfers@celebrity.com or is the one you gave for overall Corporate RCI?   Sorry for the dumb question.

Sorry, I got busy with my day job.  

The incident that I was talking about had to do with a Celebrity cruise booking.  And for that, I sent my email to agencychanges@rccl.com

David

1 minute ago, Cruiseskier said:

What state is this online TA located in?

I hesitate to give more information about them so I don't violate the Cruise Critic rules - they are very strict about it.    Many people alluded to them in different posts over the years.   But, no names or other identifying information which could be used to identify the specific agency is ever given.

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

Sorry, I got busy with my day job.  

The incident that I was talking about had to do with a Celebrity cruise booking.  And for that, I sent my email to agencychanges@rccl.com

David

Thanks David.  That clears up my confusion.  Today is my day for senior moments.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruiserhal said:

Thanks David.  That clears up my confusion.  Today is my day for senior moments.  

You're welcome.  Again, good luck.  Let us know how it turns out.

Edited by mahdnc

Did people miss out on the price reduction because of the TA not responding?

We have experienced slower responses than pre pandemic.   I sometimes have gotten a little nervous that a change  will miss a date but  that hasn’t happened.  Everything  has been done and I’ve got all the price reductions(3), a cabin change and a 2 upgrades, and a new booking over the past 4/5 weeks

Is this unpleasant TA an OTA by any chance as opposed to a brick and mortar? 

The TA that I use has multiple offices and was trying to consolidate all of their bookings to one office. X made them cancel the booking and book a brand new one (they honored the rate). Apparently they could not or would not update the agency even though it was the TA trying to change the booking. I think either cancelling and rebooking or booking a new reservation and having them transfer funds over later might be your best option if you are outside of final payment. 

21 hours ago, cruiserhal said:

Just as a follow-up on the 3 to 5 day agency.

I tried to direct dial the agent there who did all our bookings before Covid.

Guess what!   They changed all the extension numbers and provide no way  to get the new number.  Still can't talk to a human and all emails are ignored.

And like some others above, we are missing out on the 20% sale.   Celebrity is no help, we called but was told you must talk to your TA.    I want to try and cancel both our Cruises but DW says no and anyway I don't know who to call.    Venting over for now.

Yep, same thing just happened to me.  The old extension numbers no longer valid.  I left a phone message for the agent on the customer service line.  I wonder if she will receive it?

1 hour ago, jmfdr said:

Yep, same thing just happened to me.  The old extension numbers no longer valid.  I left a phone message for the agent on the customer service line.  I wonder if she will receive it?

Good luck.  We tried the voice mail for Customer Service yesterday as a last resort with them and so far no response.   Please let me know if you are successful.   In the meantime I am composing an email to the address that mahdnc recommended above - as a semi-last resort since we tried the agency different times over the last few weeks and even called Celebrity but they say they can't help us and said we need to call the TA.   My head is spinning.  

On 9/13/2021 at 7:02 AM, jmfdr said:

To extend the OP's question---how does one find a good, responsive cruise TA?  I know that agent names cannot be posted, but I really don't know how to google this for an answer.  The on-line agency I have been using for many years has also become very difficult to deal with since the pandemic.  I no longer have one specific agent that I can contact as needed.   It sometimes takes days to receive a response and sometimes not at all.

We are having the same issue. I decided to just book through Celebrity for our next cruise. I’m giving up a bit of cruise credit. That’s better than dealing with a slow to respond middle man.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Yes, sorry, my bad. NH it is. Real cons!

I respectively disagree, they are not cons!  I have been using them for 6-7 years for multiple booking each year.  They have never done anything that could remotely be considered a con.  Like many businesses in the travel/hospitality industry when the pandemic struck they had to reduce staff to bare bones to stay in business.  Like other business they are trying to add staff but as many business are finding there are more jobs than people willing to work.  

You can complain about slow response, lack of response and take your business elsewhere but to say they are cons is inaccurate and unfair.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I respectively disagree, they are not cons!  I have been using them for 6-7 years for multiple booking each year.  They have never done anything that could remotely be considered a con.  Like many businesses in the travel/hospitality industry when the pandemic struck they had to reduce staff to bare bones to stay in business.  Like other business they are trying to add staff but as many business are finding there are more jobs than people willing to work.  

You can complain about slow response, lack of response and take your business elsewhere but to say they are cons is inaccurate and unfair.

If you do not agree fine, but please respect others' experiences. THEY ARE CONS. It is not unaccurate or unfair. This is our experience with them.

Lack of response is one thing but conning your customer in other ways is totally not good. Yes I repeat THEY ARE CONS!

43 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

If you do not agree fine, but please respect others' experiences. THEY ARE CONS. It is not unaccurate or unfair. This is our experience with them.

Lack of response is one thing but conning your customer in other ways is totally not good. Yes I repeat THEY ARE CONS!

You are entitled to your own opinion of course. However when you make comments calling a company Cons without offering any proof it is a different issue. I haven’t seen you post anything in this thread that backs up your statement. In saying this, I am assuming your definition of Cons is a Con Artist. I am also assuming that English is your primary language and you know what a Con Artist is. If not, then it is my bad. Otherwise, be careful calling someone a Con unless you have specific proof of what they lied about and how they stole your money. 

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Without naming them, you could explain what they did that makes you upset. 

43 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

You are entitled to your own opinion of course. However when you make comments calling a company Cons without offering any proof it is a different issue. I haven’t seen you post anything in this thread that backs up your statement. In saying this, I am assuming your definition of Cons is a Con Artist. I am also assuming that English is your primary language and you know what a Con Artist is. If not, then it is my bad. Otherwise, be careful calling someone a Con unless you have specific proof of what they lied about and how they stole your money. 

Thanks, you saved me the trouble of penning a similar post. A few specific examples of what activity @Arzeena considers to be illegal would go a long way in deciding who is the con here. It would also be helpful to know whether the police were advised of this activity.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Although I do not have to justify my statement to someone like you, a poster on a board,  I will be very happy to email you (if you provide me your email) how they conned us. Will provide you specific proof that you ask for above.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Thanks, you saved me the trouble of penning a similar post. A few specific examples of what activity @Arzeena considers to be illegal would go a long way in deciding who is the con here. It would also be helpful to know whether the police were advised of this activity.

We canceled a cruise 3 weeks before final payment earlier this month.  The company has a cancellation fee which we understood.  Mysteriously our refund was $300 less than it should have been.  Three or four days of email and phone calls the problem was resolved but the nonsense we had to put up with to get it refunded was beyond comprehension.  You can’t believe the numerous explanations to justify the charge.  Needless to say this company will not get anymore of our business.