Latest way to carry Seapass?

Set2Sail

9 minutes ago, Set2Sail said:

Hello! It's been a few years since I've cruised. What's the latest way to carry your seapass? I sued to punch a hole and carry it on a spiral thing on my wrist.

Thanks!

Jen

You will need a plastic holder to attach to your lanyard.  Or you can bring your own hole punch and hope you punch it in a spot that doesn't hurt the card.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cg52 said:

I have a great leather holder that was left in my cabin by Celebrity when I was in a Concierge cabin. It’s what I use.

I have pockets on my shorts and slacks, but then again I’m very high tech.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

They stopped punching holes when they stopped using magnetic strip cards. 

I hardly needed my card unless I was boarding the ship, getting off the ship, or going to my room. Nearly everything was done by room number. 

• Thanks 1

you can always get your card punched at the desk when you board...I wouldn't advise punching a hole yourself because as explained to me on board the new wifi key cards have a thin wire running through them and if you break the connection you will be replacing your card.  I would go do the dollar store or office supply store....ie Staples and get yourself a plastic pouch and lanyard ..or get a waterproof cell phone lanyard case  kill 2 birds with one stone

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, crash3x said:

you can always get your card punched at the desk when you board...I wouldn't advise punching a hole yourself because as explained to me on board the new wifi key cards have a thin wire running through them and if you break the connection you will be replacing your card.  I would go do the dollar store or office supply store....ie Staples and get yourself a plastic pouch and lanyard ..or get a waterproof cell phone lanyard case  kill 2 birds with one stone

Please see posts 11 and 13.  They have stopped punching holes in the SeaPass cards.

• Thanks 1

All I can say is, thank Heaven for RFID cards instead of the old mag strip version.  DW's purses and billfolds with magnetic catches were instant death to those.  She would forget at least once every cruise and I'd have to bop down to G.R. have to have the thing re-encoded.  Harder to punch a hole in a new one by accident <g> than to accidentally wipe the old style with a magnet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

One of my least favorite parts of cruising is carrying around the card. Can't someone come up with a way of getting around it? A fingerprint reader perhaps? Facial recognition? 

The Princess Medallion gives you lots of options, including sports bands, clips, pendants and bracelets.

• Thanks 1