I resent the way Royal treats its Junior Suite Guests

adolfo2

3 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

Going back to original post…if you have a reservation, you should not have to scratch at the door..regardless of room type or status.  We all get that junior suites are glorified balconies….but if you’re  going to grant a benefit (even space A), you shouldn’t demean customers by making them look like beggars.

I have to say that I have never once noticed if any fellow passenger didn't have the proper entry card. I myself have banged on doors when I have forgotten or deactivated my card somehow . I don't understand how it's in anyway demeaning.

I also don't see how it's demeaning to knock ( claw, scratch, kick) on a door.

Do YOU actually pay that much attention to what other patrons are doing? I know we have never once looked to see where the wretched knocking was coming from only to turn our noses up for the rest of the cruise every time we pass the lowly JS peeps.

None of this is unfair or demeaning .

SMDH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

I have to say that I have never once noticed if any fellow passenger didn't have the proper entry card. I myself have banged on doors when I have forgotten or deactivated my card somehow . I don't understand how it's in anyway demeaning.

Do YOU actually pay that much attention to what other patrons are doing? I know we have never once looked to see where the wretched knocking was coming from only to turn our noses up for the rest of the cruise every time we pass the lowly JS peeps.

SMDH

I am responding to OP as he described it.  I mentioned above that I thought there was a bit of sarcasm in the post.  At the same time, there is a nugget of truth to be found.  Royal shouldn’t grant a reservation and then make it awkward to enjoy.  Folks get wrapped up in the “demeaning” aspect (even though I used it to make a point that everyone missed apparently) versus Royal providing good customer service.  If they aren’t equipped to provide a decent experience start to finish,  they shouldn’t dangle it out there as a way to increase Jr suite bookings.  

My initial response post was humorous while still being respectful.  The desire to attack folks online simply because one doesn’t agree with an opinion sends many of these posts into la la land.  It’s a shame.

btw…I personally agree with you.  I couldn’t care less what people wear into the MDR and basically mind my own vacation!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

I get where you’re coming from despite all the crap folks are giving you.   Jumbo balcony implies the balcony is huge.  Maybe jumbo studio with balcony would be better.  In any case, we’re definitely second class to the true suite folks…maybe “friendship balcony room with occasional benefits” or something like that?

They already have Ocean View with Large Balconies.  Confusion😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

My sentiments EXACTLY! If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

But it already has the word JUNIOR in it.  That pretty much tells you that you are not getting full suite amenities.  Sheesh

And really.  Royal is pretty damn clear what the Sea Class gets. Not sure what is confusing about it or the name.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Princess has or used to have mini suites. I doubt the name is the issue

Yeah, I don't think so either, but I've heard people who are confused about this issue before.  They think because it has the word "Suite" in the name it gets all the suite-y things with it.  It's clear enough on Royal's website what is included, but people don't do the research.  There's a part of me that thinks calling it a "suite" when it really isn't is kind of a trick and it is misnamed, but I also read the small print.  They've also started pricing it almost 2x balcony rooms so it is appearing more like a suite in price as well (it used to often be a few $100 more).   To be fair, I think having "Junior" in the name should be a clue that it's not a grown up suite like some of the others.

• Like 1

I laughed when I read this and laughed even more at the post that followed. Jr.suite is like Jumbo shrimp...don't focus on the name, just what it looks like. Both on and off topic, I think if people believe it is demeaning to knock, tap or whatever on a door, they really should look at their life choices. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Seriously, why don't we all accept someone else's opinion if it is describing how they feel about their experience?

Is this forum becoming divided like the political parties of today?

It is easy to find fault with things you don't agree with. 

People make suggestions and ask for opinions. Instead of trying to provide value added,  people immediately disagree with the suggestion. 

Then you have those that  try to control the boards. 

Why not make this more positive and try to understand we are all here to try to help each other with answers rather than criticism.

Remember, we are all interested in cruising, beating C19 and may meet on a future cruise.

Stay safe and happy cruising!

Did you read the absurd negativity in the original post🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Did you read the absurd negativity in the original post🤔

I was not just addressing this one thread. Over the past months I feel that people are really becoming sour and loosing the sharing we had before. JMHO!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Anyone know if the Coastal door is magnetic? I really want to sneak a sign on there reading “Don’t come a knockin’ if the Kitchen is a rockin’”

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It's frosted glass

And why does the glass need to be frosted? What is going on in there?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, forgotmyCCname said:

SMDH

Apparently the group that camps out at Guest Services watching for people removing their autogratuities have a splinter group watching for people knocking on th CK door.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I for one don't think the OP was looking for empathy. The post was on the verge of outrageous 

Good, because looking for empathy here is about a futile as looking for the door to the balcony of an inside cabin.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Apparently the group that camps out at Guest Services watching for people removing their autogratuities have a splinter group watching for people knocking on th CK door.

I've totally been wasting my cruise time all these years enjoying myself and minding my own bidness. We are on Symphony soon and I plan to mock anyone in a category lower than ours. And make a list of the door knockers. 

( Maybe I'll  call it Sympathy of the Seas.)

I still don't know what the purpose of the original post was

time for a drink. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

I've totally been wasting my cruise time all these years enjoying myself and minding my own bidness. We are on Symphony soon and I plan to mock anyone in a category lower than ours. And make a list of the door knockers. 

( Maybe I'll  call it Sympathy of the Seas.)

I still don't know what the purpose of the original post was

time for a drink. 

If your therapy was going as it’s supposed to you’d have named it Empathy of the Seas. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Celebrity's sky suites are similar in size to a junior suite and get full suite benefits.  I remember when Celebrity made this change and folks on the Celebrity boards crying how crowded the lounge would be for those paying more for the bigger suites.  I suppose folks adjusted because it's no longer an issue. 

I am aware this is RC and not Celebrity.  However, there are cross overs between the two lines.  

• Thanks 1