Cruise Ship water the original Smart Water?

Hlitner

13 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Bottled water is the biggest scam out there. Paying extra money for something that is literally pennies on the dollar. Not to mention how much BPA you're consuming with all of that crap. And no, I don't care to hear the Mexico water supporting argument.

And the producers are taking water that could be used for far more important things.

• Like 1

A few years ago during one of the final sea days on an Alaska cruise on the Emerald Princess, I signed up for the "Ultimate Ship Tour."   Easily, one of the highlights of the tour was a visit to the Engine Control Room for a presentation by the ship's Chief Engineer.  He had a pretty heavy brogue, but from his name, I am guessing he was Irish.  It would have been too cool if he was a Scotsman.  (Scottie, I need more power.)  His presentation was incredibly interesting and informative.  As you might imagine, he did spend some time discussing the ship's water, and it was clear that he was quite proud of it.  He told us that, while there was really not much chance of the ship's water supply being depleted, they did take on some fresh water during our stop in Skagway.  Now, I have this image of the Skagway public water supply being source from pristine streams fed by melting snow.  This chief's opinion was that the Skagway water was not particularly good, and his ship's supply was diminished by it.

🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Now, I have this image of the Skagway public water supply being source from pristine streams fed by melting snow.  This chief's opinion was that the Skagway water was not particularly good, and his ship's supply was diminished by it.

🤣

The water might be sourced from streams of melting snow but if the water delivery system is flawed or contaminated then it's not going to be pristine when it comes out the tap😬

12 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

The water might be sourced from streams of melting snow but if the water delivery system is flawed or contaminated then it's not going to be pristine when it comes out the tap😬

Plus all the moose and grizzly bears doing their business in the pristine stream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Plus all the moose and grizzly bears doing their business in the pristine stream.

So true😂. Technically all water on Earth is recycled. So really the only time water was as close to "pristine" as you could get was about 4 billion year ago🤪

17 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

So true😂. Technically all water on Earth is recycled. So really the only time water was as close to "pristine" as you could get was about 4 billion year ago🤪

What about well water?

15 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

15 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

15 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

You are, of course, all correct.  I really have to work on my writing to make my tongue-in-cheek more apparent.

On 9/17/2021 at 3:18 PM, chengkp75 said:

All cans these days (aluminum soda cans and steel food cans) have a BPA lining that does this, but there are many drawbacks to BPA.

Here's the link I was thinking about:

https://mymodernmet.com/the-paper-bottle-project/?fbclid=IwAR3Z7QkvxrmRSXrlwUmLVxivTODx2x70noLLLcb8Ba7jss9TWLSZozxfj9I