How often do you refare??

Ombud

PVP dropped my fare today from 3495 to 3402. I had asked about 200 EZAIR credit (which apparently I'm not eligible for) but she found this. Category BW midship, 15 days. Stick a fork in me, I'm done until Black Friday / Cyber Monday 🤑

On 9/30/2021 at 8:51 AM, Daniel A said:

I just saw a 'sale' on my next Princess cruise.  SIL has an interest in booking the inside opposite our premium deluxe balcony.  The cabin fare has dropped $100 since last night.  I looked at pricing my category cabin and it's $500 more than what I booked at.  I don't think I'll re-fare today...😄

The fare for the cabin opposite us is not $100 less today, it went back to the original price.  I guess I'll need to keep checking.

17 hours ago, Ombud said:

PVP dropped my fare today from 3495 to 3402. I had asked about 200 EZAIR credit (which apparently I'm not eligible for) but she found this. Category BW midship, 15 days. Stick a fork in me, I'm done until Black Friday / Cyber Monday 🤑

Typo. Watching too many for refares. That one went from 3596 -> 3402. After FCC I only owe 1428.58 + EZAIR ✔ 

• Like 1

Do you have to call to refare?  I'm being told by chat (and on two separate occasions) that refaring is impossible and the only way to do it is to cancel and rebook.  I don't really care about that except they say I have call which I prefer not to do.  

Guest Snaxmuppet

When you refare do you keep OBC and other offers?

My cruise fare has dropped about £200 PP but when we booked we got £150 OBC... now, at the reduced price, there is no OBC included so it isn't actually much of a drop.

52 minutes ago, niccikatie said:

Do you have to call to refare?  I'm being told by chat (and on two separate occasions) that refaring is impossible and the only way to do it is to cancel and rebook.  I don't really care about that except they say I have call which I prefer not to do.  

If I want to make a change in the cruise, like getting a lower price or changing cabins, I call. If I want to make a change in air, like getting a lower price or changing itineraries, I've learned how to do that myself. 

1 hour ago, niccikatie said:

No. I just shoot my PVP an email and ask if I've got the best deal (don't need plus bc I've got too much OBC)

When I refare I keep all promos just drop the price. When I rebook I'm trading those in for what's out there. 

Edited by Ombud
Stupid autocorrect

My TA is working on a refare for me today - second time in 3 weeks. However, the Princess agent cannot see the lower fare. I can see it when I log in to my account but if I search without logging in, the higher fare is listed. I've never experienced this before. Sent the TA a screen shot of the lower price. Hoping it will get ironed out as it was a price drop of $149pp. Total savings over the last 2 refares is $560.

2 hours ago, JerrySueW said:

My TA is working on a refare for me today - second time in 3 weeks. However, the Princess agent cannot see the lower fare. I can see it when I log in to my account but if I search without logging in, the higher fare is listed. I've never experienced this before. Sent the TA a screen shot of the lower price. Hoping it will get ironed out as it was a price drop of $149pp. Total savings over the last 2 refares is $560.

I always log in, and then search as if it's a new cruise. There is a difference in price. I also make a screen shot, actually a series of screen shots, from the top to the bottom after I select all my options. Paste into a Word doc and email to the PVP. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 8:22 AM, niccikatie said:

If you have a TA they can easily refare or change promo for you, if you booked yourself then you will need to call Princess directly. The Princess rep should easily be able to refare you. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 2:09 PM, JerrySueW said:

I just experienced the same thing,  I am helping SIL book a cabin near us and If logged in, the fare is less than a search without logging in.

25 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I just experienced the same thing,  I am helping SIL book a cabin near us and If logged in, the fare is less than a search without logging in.

Since I wanted to change cabins, my TA had to rebook but was able to get the lower fare. Seems like Princess is offering lower prices to existing customers. Nice to know. Perhaps your SIL can get that price since you are traveling together.

11 minutes ago, JerrySueW said:

Since I wanted to change cabins, my TA had to rebook but was able to get the lower fare. Seems like Princess is offering lower prices to existing customers. Nice to know. Perhaps your SIL can get that price since you are traveling together.

DW & I gifted SIL a cruise with us just before the shutdown, so she already has a Captain's Circle number.  She was able to book her cruise with the lower fare.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, cruzcactus said:

Makes no sense to me, to refare to get a new promo ($50 each).

They want another $100 deposit more from each of us, after we already gave them $250 each on original itinerary. I am so confused, that's actually a total of $700.

That is your choice - you can leave things as they are.  However, I am sure you realize that paying an additional $100 deposit now just means you owe $100 less on Final Payment (FP) day. 

When you do cruise - if you believe you will return to Princess - buy Future Cruise Deposits (FCD's) for $100 each and they will suffice for a deposit the next time, plus you will earn additional OBC depending on cabin category booked and length of voyage.  Much higher interest rate than you are going to get anywhere else.

• Like 2

Just last week had my TA rebook for about a$500 price drop as well as an additional OBC 

Just checked again and dropped another $400. Took a pic and asked her to follow up. Feel bad about being a pest as this is a cruise that has been rescheduled 4 times so she’s done quite a bit of work for no commission yet. 

Hope she can get this most recent price drop. 

just glad I didn’t use EZ Air. Their prices were significantly higher than the airline and I booked directly with airline. That’s gone up by about $1200. I don’t see international flights going down. 

• Like 1

After reading this and checking my airfare, I see where could save $100 total on our airfare in December if I book through Expedia.  I do not see how I can look at fares now, for that same timeframe, with EZ Air.  Is it worth it???  I always say yes, my wife says probably not.

Three weeks after final payment date the fare on my January cruise dropped another $222 per person. I asked my TA to try to refare, expecting that Princess would offer OBC rather than a refund, which would have been fine with me. In fact, we will be receiving a refund for the difference. After a total of 3 refares we are saving $968 on this cruise.

I refared on September 17th.  Over $500.  Princess told my travel agent that I would get a refund to my credit card in 4-6 weeks.  Nothing yet. I would have preferred onboard credit!  I leave on the cruise in 4 weeks.  It would be nice to get the refund before then!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Twiga said:

I refared on September 17th.  Over $500.  Princess told my travel agent that I would get a refund to my credit card in 4-6 weeks.  Nothing yet. I would have preferred onboard credit!  I leave on the cruise in 4 weeks.  It would be nice to get the refund before then!

Similar situation here. Our TA is still working on a refare ($500+) we did on Aug 23. Princess somehow "doesn't see it" in their system. The supervisors are trying to find it now. A separate one on ezair ($300+) we did in Sept. went through with no problem.  

After reading this and checking my airfare, I see where could save $100 total on our airfare in December if I book through Expedia.  I do not see how I can look at fares now, for that same timeframe, with EZ Air.  Is it worth it???  I always say yes, my wife says probably not.

How do you event start to look for a refare rate on EZ Air?