New Princess Sphere class ships?

big al

On 6/7/2022 at 12:13 PM, cruisingrob21 said:

I would encourage you to try the Pinnacle class ships of HAL (Koningsdam, Niuew Statendam, Rotterdam) if you haven't.  While the entertainment and soft products are different than Princess, they are more alike than not overall and I think you'll find that the Pinnacle class ships of HAL could be seen as an a pretty good evolution to the original grand class ships if you enjoyed those.  Of particular note is a jogging track up top, and a wrap around promenade on one of the lower decks.  Ironically, many HAL loyalists bemoan the Pinnacle class ship promenades because they are narrower than the Vista and R class ships of HAL - I found them to be roughly similar to grand class ships, but without the deck 8 area at the bow (whale mouth).

For the fun of it, I did look into HAL sailings.  They are much more expensive than Princess.  But they do have the same misnomer:  Princess:  Mini-Suites,  HAL:  Vista Suites/Signature Suites, do not come with the same Suite perks as Pinnacle/Neptune Suites.  They are not even equivalent to Club Class mini suites on Princess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

For the fun of it, I did look into HAL sailings.  They are much more expensive than Princess.  But they do have the same misnomer:  Princess:  Mini-Suites,  HAL:  Vista Suites/Signature Suites, do not come with the same Suite perks as Pinnacle/Neptune Suites.  They are not even equivalent to Club Class mini suites on Princess.

They should both rename the mini suites and vista/signature suites as "marketing suites" 🙂

However, I think if you want/expect those perks on a cruise your range of cruise brands should probably include some of the more upmarket lines or some of the more "upper class" areas on Celebrity or NCL (the Haven).  HAL and Princess have those suites, but not really their target market.

I will say for the money, the Princess mini-suites are pretty much a perfect size and orientation.  The vista suites on HAL hardly seem worth the extra money vs balcony cabins - partially because their balcony cabins have a sitting area where as many of Princess' older ships balcony cabins don't, and only the "deluxe" balcony on the royal class ships have that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mvaldes140 said:

Did anything happen today and does anyone have any information about it if it did?

I looked on their VP of Sales FB page who conducts those webinars but nothing is there…another missed deadline with no update on when the information will be provided.

image.thumb.jpeg.55f48607757ab358067e13b8070e7ea3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I looked on their VP of Sales FB page who conducts those webinars but nothing is there…another missed deadline with no update on when the information will be provided.

Yeah, I didn't hear of anything today - my guess is there is a lot of shuffling of ships around, and with carnival share prices pretty low, the new ship is low priority.  There is likely supply chain issues as well which may be slowing down construction.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

There is a TA webinar next week - but so far it sounds more like a circle the wagons and get more sales.  Also talks about current and upcoming redeployments.

Yes, just saw this posted.  No mention specifically about the newest ship but it may be buried into the presentation instead of being the main attraction.

image.png.47a9e125b914ae89cf65326017040387.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Thanks @azbirdmom I signed up. Don't know if they'll let me attend, as I'm not a TA, but figured it was worth a shot. 😉 

I wouldn't register but the video should be out there for all to view.

P.S.  I'm not a TA either!

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I wouldn't register but the video should be out there for all to view.

P.S.  I'm not a TA either!

I wondered whether the video would be made public. I searched for similar videos and, while I found some older ones with Jan Schwartz and other videos featuring Carmen Roig, I didn't see anything like what was described here publicly available. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I wondered whether the video would be made public. I searched for similar videos and, while I found some older ones with Jan Schwartz and other videos featuring Carmen Roig, I didn't see anything like what was described here publicly available. 

Will see if I can post the link next week after the call.  It's the latter who owns the FB page where it will be posted, specifically, under "PrincessVPSales".  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I am not a TA but my TA shares the notification email with me.

I’ve started watching the recorded webinar to control the video & as you can see in this VP of Sales link the most recent late May webinar is available to watch. That has always been the situation & likely will continue after future webinars. I can view them even though I do not have a FB account nor have I ever registered.

https://www.facebook.com/PrincessVPSales/videos

• Like 2

Just an FYI, I was able to watch the Webinar. It was definitely designed for TAs, and there was not one word about the Sphere Class ships. I tried to ask a question in the chat window - as did about a million others - but it was not answered.  Maybe next time. 

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I also watched what I’d describe as more of a pep rally with half of the webinar introducing several sales staff. The previous SVP of Sales always answered some real questions that affect clients but only one with the new VP of Sales. I’m not a TA but previously gained insights on many issues that affect passengers. The Sphere-class info promoted on the webinar over 3 weeks ago was not even mentioned so no explanation about when they’ll provide info as promised…disappointing.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just watched the webinar replay and was disappointed that nothing was said about the new class of ships.  I think the only worthwhile tidbit was that they would extend the expiration date of FCCs if the itinerary of the cruise that generated the FCCs wasn't being offered in 2022.  Not sure how many hoops one would have to go through to prove that but it at least may be a glimmer of hope for some who want to extend and are in this situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2022 at 9:55 PM, Astro Flyer said:

They put largest ship yet as if it was a positive thing

On 6/15/2022 at 3:19 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I use to cruise HAL, stopped with new ships because they no longer have bath tub except in full suites.  I prefer Princess mini suites.   HAL use to have bath tubs in all cabins.  Sorry this was changed.  

6 hours ago, pris993 said:

I use to cruise HAL, stopped with new ships because they no longer have bath tub except in full suites.  I prefer Princess mini suites.   HAL use to have bath tubs in all cabins.  Sorry this was changed.  

Wow...that was a big sell (bathtubs and sofas in lower cabins).  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Wow...that was a big sell (bathtubs and sofas in lower cabins).  Thanks for sharing.

I did not say it was a big deal but for many of the folks that did cruise HAL, the bathtub was a plus.  For me, if I have a choice I go with the bathtub, I always book a mini suite.   For longer cruises having a cabin that meets one's needs is important.  

• Like 2

I don't know about the bathtubs, but Celebrity is the only line I know of where an entry level suite ( Sky Suite) for them gets most of the benefits of a full suite. The Retreat, and dinner in Luminae ( the suite restaurant) .They don't get full suite points, or breakfast and lunch in Luminae.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

I don't know about the bathtubs, but Celebrity is the only line I know of where an entry level suite ( Sky Suite) for them gets most of the benefits of a full suite. The Retreat, and dinner in Luminae ( the suite restaurant) .They don't get full suite points, or breakfast and lunch in Luminae.

I believe Sky Suites on Celebrity have access to Luminae for all three meals. they also have the Retreat, Retreat host, and the Retreat lounge

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/sky-suite

• Like 1