Concierge Email before cruise

Gracie115

28 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just received the reply from Dexter, and all of the reservations we requested have been confirmed.

That's great to hear! We haven't received a reply yet but it sounds like we'll be all set. 

On 10/4/2021 at 5:51 PM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

There is basically no difference from a regular balcony cabin except more space.

The difference between a Grand Suite and a regular balcony are more than just space. That aside, if you didn't get an email from your Oasis concierge pre-cruise letting you know what you were entitled to in a suite, that  is on the concierge. However, the free high speed internet for each person in the cabin, an actual bathtub that you can soak in, the availability of the entire MDR menu for in suite dining, the espresso machine, the toiletries, the spa robes, the free beer wine and soft drinks from 11-11 each day, your own specialty dining venue for all three meals each day, the three hours of appetizers each evening, the ability to make advance show and specialty restaurant reservations, reserved seating at all the shows, someone who is not only capable but also happy to solve any problem you may have while on board (to us at least) is worth te cost. BTW, we often find a GS at a price that is only a few hundred $$ more than your "regular balcony" - but then we always book on opening day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

The difference between a Grand Suite and a regular balcony are more than just space. That aside, if you didn't get an email from your Oasis concierge pre-cruise letting you know what you were entitled to in a suite, that  is on the concierge. However, the free high speed internet for each person in the cabin, an actual bathtub that you can soak in, the availability of the entire MDR menu for in suite dining, the espresso machine, the toiletries, the spa robes, the free beer wine and soft drinks from 11-11 each day, your own specialty dining venue for all three meals each day, the three hours of appetizers each evening, the ability to make advance show and specialty restaurant reservations, reserved seating at all the shows, someone who is not only capable but also happy to solve any problem you may have while on board (to us at least) is worth te cost. BTW, we often find a GS at a price that is only a few hundred $$ more than your "regular balcony" - but then we always book on opening day. 

I forgot that yes we both got free internet. I had already bought that for myself so went to guest services while walking past one evening to have it credited. So that’s about $100 of value.

Unless you’re a toddler or folding your legs up there’s no soaking in that little tub. The espresso machine was an old cheap Mr Coffee machine that you find in 3 star hotels. The toiletries were in the dispenser in the shower and I’ve never heard of the brand and labeled made for RC so doubt they’re anything special. I never wear those cabin robes so not a value for me. We had the drink pkg so didn’t need the free whatever they offered in the suite lounge.

There is no reserved seating at shows, at least on Oasis and I had made my own specialty restaurant reservations when I paid for them in the planner. And I’ve absolutely never seen a GS on a newer ship that’s only a few hundred more than a regular balcony. Usually a few thousand more and I check prices a lot. I’m glad you find that you get value from the suite premium but I absolutely did not and like for others debating the decision to upgrade to know a different opinion from the majority on these boards.

For me, the extra room is well worth the price.  I hate being in a cramped hotel room, always book oversized, corner rooms, suites.  Same with cruises.  We had a spacious balcony cabin on Mariner for hubby, 10 year old grandson & me and I could barely turn around in it.  Certainly not enough room to pull the sofa bed out.  And don’t even get me started on the bathroom.  Shampoo/conditioner/body wash in one?!?!?!  Shower in a claustrophobic space tube?  No thanks.  I willingly pay for a suite.

On 10/4/2021 at 4:43 PM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

We received no email from the Oasis concierge before our 9/26 cruise and received absolutely nothing from them. We asked after boarding if we could get dinner reservations in CK during the week and were told they only had 8pm or later. No thank you 😊. I just don’t see where having to ask for everything extra for being in a suite is a perk? Not my idea of upgraded service. We did get a small fruit bowl in our GS 😂

Well, this is disappointing as we are in a GS next week...   and so far, I've been told CK dinner reservations are only available at 8 or 8:30pm which is not acceptable.  (I did receive the email from the concierge but they didn't explain that they would make the CK reservations, etc. I found that out when I replied.)

Anyway - I hope things improve because so far, I'm not thrilled with this.   

Since Jr Suites can only make CK dinner reservations onboard, does this mean they all have to dine after 8pm too ???  

12 hours ago, Adian80 said:

Do all suites get free internet? We're in an owner's suite on Mariner and I've already purchased the streaming internet....

Unfortunately, only offered on Oasis and Quantum class ships (Sky and Star class suites)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Snoopycollector said:

Well, this is disappointing as we are in a GS next week...   and so far, I've been told CK dinner reservations are only available at 8 or 8:30pm which is not acceptable. 

It sounds like this is a problem unique to Oasis of the Seas and/or its current concierge. We have never experienced this level of disregard for suite guests on either Harmony or Allure. The concierges on both of those ships bend over backwards to make sure we receive everything we request the way we request it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It sounds like this is a problem unique to Oasis of the Seas and/or its current concierge. We have never experienced this level of disregard for suite guests on either Harmony or Allure. The concierges on both of those ships bend over backwards to make sure we receive everything we request the way we request it.

I would think that if this is the case regarding the Oasis concierge that some reports need to be made.  Sounds like somebody doesn't know their job description or is refusing to do their job which in my job would lead to termination.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Dudley Jean is on Oasis now. He'll take care of people.

Apparently from the two recent reports, he has been less than accommodating to his suite guests requests. There is no way if you receive an email from him on the first day of the cruise before yours and reply promptly that all of the CK dinner time slots prior to 8PM have been filled unless you don’t bother to reply until late in the week.. 

Edited by orville99

Following this repartee between Orville and JerseyGirl.  Gotta go with Orville on this one.  The extra space, double vanity in a full-size bathroom, access to Coastal Kitchen on Quantum and Oasis classes, breakfasts in a dedicated restaurant, and, of course, entry into the Suite Lounge are well worth the extra money for a Grand Suite and up.  I don't do baths, espressos in the room, or care about toiletries, but life in a Grand Suite is grand indeed (for us anyway, not for everybody).

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Apparently from the two recent reports, he has been less than accommodating to his suite guests requests. There is no way if you receive an email from him on the first day of the cruise before yours and reply promptly that all of the CK dinner time slots prior to 8PM have been filled unless you don’t bother to reply until late in the week.. 

That was not the name of the concierge on Oasis. There were two a man and a woman and I can’t remember their names but that definitely wasn’t one of them.

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Do you also still have their email that you received prior to your sail date? That may provide clues as to why you were treated so badly.

They never sent me an email prior to boarding but they obviously had it because they emailed me everyday once on board. They did tell me in CK when I asked at 12pm boarding day for dinner reservations that they only had after 8pm because they had a lot of b2b JS. Which was annoying too.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

They never sent me an email prior to boarding

Therein lies the problem. Had you received the email when all of the other suite guests typically receive theirs - i.e. on a Monday for a Sunday sailing - you would have been able to make all of your dinner reservations, etc. One quick question: was this GS due to a RoyalUP bid perhaps?

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Therein lies the problem. Had you received the email when all of the other suite guests typically receive theirs - i.e. on a Monday for a Sunday sailing - you would have been able to make all of your dinner reservations, etc. One quick question: was this GS due to a RoyalUP bid perhaps?

No I paid full fare which is why I thought I didn’t get anything for the premium price. I could’ve booked 3 regular balconies for what I paid for the one GS. 

19 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

No I paid full fare which is why I thought I didn’t get anything for the premium price. I could’ve booked 3 regular balconies for what I paid for the one GS. 

Thanks. Definitely a concierge issue then. You should have received an email. BTW, JS can only book dinner reservations in CK on a space available basis, even on B2B cruises (been there, done that), and what we have experienced is that those spaces are typically not released for JS booking until the concierge has received and booked all of his/her full suite guests, then the Pinnacle B2Brs, then releases any slots that are available to JS B2Brs.  

• Thanks 1

I can fill in some of the other blanks here....  I am on the 10/10 sailing and I received their email on 9/30 - and I thought maybe that was wrong, as it was a week early....  I did not reply immediately, but 2 or 3 days later.  The email indicated that early times were limited but they never really came out and said "we will make your CK reservations - please let us know ASAP" -- I wasn't quite sure as we've never done a full suite before.

I did reply to their "8pm only" response and they said they would notify the CK manager. that they were advised that all early times were booked up and only 8pm was available.  They also told me to seek them out once onboard, and they would arrange a meeting with the CK manager.

We'll see.....  if I were the CK manager, I'd want to just give a few more earlier times to avoid any further conflict or bad feelings.... 

15 minutes ago, Snoopycollector said:

..  I did not reply immediately, but 2 or 3 days later.

Yep, seasoned suite guests know to respond immediately to the email. 2-3 days is an eternity in a restaurant that only seats about 100 guests at a time (pre-shutdown), and with antisocial distancing in effect, that number drops to 50-60 guests max.

Edited by orville99

57 minutes ago, Snoopycollector said:

I can fill in some of the other blanks here....  I am on the 10/10 sailing and I received their email on 9/30 - and I thought maybe that was wrong, as it was a week early....  I did not reply immediately, but 2 or 3 days later.  The email indicated that early times were limited but they never really came out and said "we will make your CK reservations - please let us know ASAP" -- I wasn't quite sure as we've never done a full suite before.

I did reply to their "8pm only" response and they said they would notify the CK manager. that they were advised that all early times were booked up and only 8pm was available.  They also told me to seek them out once onboard, and they would arrange a meeting with the CK manager.

We'll see.....  if I were the CK manager, I'd want to just give a few more earlier times to avoid any further conflict or bad feelings.... 

Which to me isn’t a solution because if I’m paying extra for extra service I don’t want to have to start my vacation with a confrontation with some manager. To me good service is just given it is not to have to demand it. 

Anyway hopefully at least one future suite guest will be saved by this thread.

• Like 1