Concierge Email before cruise

Gracie115

This will be our first time in a full suite, (Crown Loft!!! 😀 and I just found out we would be receiving an email ahead of time asking if there is anything we would like taken care of before the cruise.  I know we could have dinner times reserved but what other things might we ask for? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

This will be our first time in a full suite, (Crown Loft!!! 😀 and I just found out we would be receiving an email ahead of time asking if there is anything we would like taken care of before the cruise.  I know we could have dinner times reserved but what other things might we ask for? 

We get specialty restaurants package so we ask for that reservation, you have the option to eat at CK the suite restaurant. Congratulations you will be spoiled, we always book suites.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

Interesting.  I was not aware that they did this for Sky Class (pre-cruise email).  I know the Royal Genie does it for Star Class, but I was unaware of this for Sky Class.  Thanks for sharing.

I have always gotten a email approximately 5 days before sailing, one of the things they will tell you is the current perks for suites since they seem to be changing a little with Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheBucketLister said:

Interesting.  I was not aware that they did this for Sky Class (pre-cruise email).  I know the Royal Genie does it for Star Class, but I was unaware of this for Sky Class.  Thanks for sharing.

All full suites (not Junior) get emails from concierge before the cruise. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheBucketLister said:

Is it more of a welcome email, or do they actually assist in booking things pre-cruise?

It is now a welcome letter. They are clear that they are not making reservations ahead of time right now .
I'm on Symphony on Saturday.

it was one of the best perks of a suite

Thank you for sharing the info about the concierge not making dinner reservations right now.

That is surely a change from the Pre COVID era.

Not to be too disgruntled but, I wonder if the situation will change if and I say if the tips for his/her services go down.

We usually are quite generous for their services, and in the past ask for so little.  

But they have always been so kind and friendly when we visit.

Time will tell.

Apparently reservations capability varies by ship or concierge. We were on Allure last month (CLS) and received multiple pre-cruise emails from the suite concierge. On the first one he made all of our CK and specialty dinner reservations, and in a follow up email the concierge offered to make any show reservations for us. This was the second email we received pre-cruise:

“Dear Suite Guest, 

Please note that due to the new Healthy Return to Service Protocols, seats are now limited for all shows. So all class of rooms including Sky class suites are required to make reservations for all shows that require a reservation.

To avoid any issue with show availabilities for you,   I would like to assist you with booking any shows that you might not have prebooked but would like to attend.

Please send me your suite number, the Shows, date and times you would like and I can book for you before you get onboard. Please send me at earliest convenience.

Thank you and look forward to hearing you. “
Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Do you need reservations in CK for breakfast or lunch? Or do you just show up? Are reservations required for dinner or just suggested? For Oasis if that matters.

Dinner reservations are required. Not so for breakfast or lunch.

• Thanks 1

This was in the first email we received:

Dear Suite Guest, 

My name is Dexter Fraser, and I can’t wait to welcome you onboard Allure of the Seas on Sunday, August 22nd, 2021. I hope you’re ready for a wonderful cruise vacation with us.   

We’re delighted you’ll be joining us as we get back to our home at sea…….

…..As we expect our specialty dining restaurants to be busy, we encourage you to confirm your dining reservations, onboard activities, and Vitality Spa services now, if you’ve not already. You may do so by visiting Cruise Planner . You can also book once onboard. Please let me know if I can assist with your preferred reservation pre-cruise by replying to this email. 

Edited by orville99
  • Like 3

We used to sail in GS as often as possible (up until about 2012) and we never ever got an email from a concierge ahead of time even though they were supposed to send them.  We weren't the only ones.  It was very hit or miss and depended on the concierge.  Hopefully, they're better about it now.  We do JS only now so not an option.