Has Carnival released a list of which ports are not welcoming ships yet?

tw67

I realize that it could change 10 more times before my January 1st cruise, but I am trying to make a guess on which ports I won't get my hopes up for.  We are really flexible, but for me it is just curiosity sakes right now.  I thought I heard that no ships were going to Grand Turk yet, but otherwise I am clueless!  

I wouldnt hold my breath. Why would carnival issue such a negative list.

They announced today half their entire fleet over 9 lines would be in service by the end of october, stock went up.

I cant imagine them issuing a list of ports they cant go to. Negative publicity. 

• Like 3

My suggestion would be to check the websites of the islands where you are porting.  You are more likely to keep up to date on the current situation on the individual islands.  None of the islands are doing very well right now, except maybe the British Virgin Islands - they are not doing too bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

They also cancelled GT for Amber Cove.

Thanks for the heads up.  I will have to prepare my family for that one!  Our youngest is 18 and is finally able to drink in the ports.  Amber Cove didn't thrill us last time we were there.  He will be sad about no GT.  He really just wanted to sit at the pool bar at Margaritaville!

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I wouldnt hold my breath. Why would carnival issue such a negative list.

They announced today half their entire fleet over 9 lines would be in service by the end of october, stock went up.

I cant imagine them issuing a list of ports they cant go to. Negative publicity. 

Make it positive publicity instead by listing ports that are accepting cruises.

• Like 1

Remember folks, it's NOT Carnival who decides to snub these ports, it's the country where the port is. 

So, for instance, GT is closed to cruise ships whether Carnival or HAL or Princess or even RCL.

If you want to check whether or not a port is open, best to google the country or event he port's website and see if they are accepting cruise passengers or any foreign visitors.

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Yes, but only 1100 pax. I thought they were only opening to 700. I don't think they are ready for 3,000. I was not find of going there. St Thomas has so much more. 

Celebrity Equinox is 122,000 tons and holds close to 3,000 at full capacity.  Obviously they weren't full.  But neither is any Carnival ship. So we'll see.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woodfaerie said:

At this point, I would be happy with a sandbar! Just get me out on the ocean.

Here you go. I find this a great stress reliever. And it even has a cruise ship (though Princess, not Carnival.) Enjoy.

(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay feat. Jack Johnson | Otis Redding 50th Anniversary - YouTube

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Here you go. I find this a great stress reliever. And it even has a cruise ship (though Princess, not Carnival.) Enjoy.

(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay feat. Jack Johnson | Otis Redding 50th Anniversary - YouTube

oh man , that was awesome!!! great medicine, thanks Web!

4 minutes ago, Woodfaerie said:

oh man , that was awesome!!! great medicine, thanks Web!

There are a lot more playing for change on you tube that are really great (though not with a cruise ship like that one.) I do find Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay the most soothing one.

A few others I really like are Ripple, The Weight, Iko Iko, Redemption Song, and Everyday People. I'm sure there are more that I have not discovered yet. Just google the song title with playing for change.

On 9/23/2021 at 2:47 PM, gtouch said:

I understand that Denver Colorado is still not accepting Cruise Ships.

Well, I live in Colorado, have known our Governor since he was a toddler and I'm pretty sure that I can talk him into accepting cruise ships! We just need to have a few small canals built an no problem! {I wish]

• Haha 2

On 9/23/2021 at 1:28 PM, V_V said:

We already had Amber Cove as a scheduled port so Grand Turk was replaced with Nassau.

"This was the most unkindest cut of all."  

Same thing happened to us on our Mardi Gras cruise.  It's like replacing a Ferrari with a Yugo.  

One silver lining:  since the port at Nassau is being heavily renovated (and I DO mean heavily), you don't currently have to fight your way through the annoying straw market and overzealous vendors there.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pellaz said:

One silver lining:  since the port at Nassau is being heavily renovated (and I DO mean heavily), you don't currently have to fight your way through the annoying straw market and overzealous vendors there.  

That is a positive!