Suite Perks ?

jbpinkie

Mom and I are in a suite on the Majestic on 11/27, and so excited for our first full suite experience. One of the perks I read about was that we could have dinner in a specialty restaurant free of charge on embarkation night. When I go into the medallion ap to try and book, it wants me to pay. Can anyone advise how to book this? I tried to call customer service and ask, and our rep, while really nice wasn’t even aware of the benefit. Appreciate any guidance. Thanks

• Like 1

Yes, a specialty dinner is a suite perk.  I strongly recommend the Crown Grill (love the steak filet!).  You can probably book now & have your account credited when you board ($29 each).

You also can have breakfast (free) each morning in one of the specialty restaurants (varies by ship).  There's a list of "suite perks" on the Princess site.

Enjoy!  I just cruised Alaska on the Majestic last week -- loved the ship!  And I haven't had a favorite Princess ship until now (30+ cruises w/PCL).  The Hollywood Conservatory (a large enclosed area on deck 17 forward) is great!

• Like 1

I had the same issue as the OP however I learned here on CC that if you follow through to the actual payment page in the MC app it showed what I owed as $0 however that was several months ago. In fact I was able to book both my 'suite' perk specialty dining and my free specialty dining from the booking special Princess had a couple months ago - both for $0. Just my 2 cents!

Brian

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DRS/NC said:

You also can have breakfast (free) each morning in one of the specialty restaurants (varies by ship).  There's a list of "suite perks" on the Princess site.

13 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

On the Majestic, the suite breakfast is served in Harmony restaurant, deck 5.

The suite breakfast is one of the best things about sailing in a suite. They prepare everything to order in a small kitchen in the specialty restaurant instead of in the large kitchen for the dining room. You can order almost anything, including things not on the menu. If it's on the ship, they will probably fix it for you - not necessarily that morning but the next one after obtaining the supplies.

You also can eat in Club Class dining in the main dining room. It often has an additional selection that isn't available to the rest of the dining room, but the main difference is the service. You don't have to worry about the Dine My Way app or waiting for a table - you go to the Club Class dining room and they will seat you. Even if you don't have the same waiter each meal, you will have the same head waiter and the same small group of waiters, so all of them will get to know you.

You can eat in Club Class for dinner every day and for lunch on sea days (when the main dining room is open). You can also eat there for breakfast, but the suite breakfast is usually much better. The only time I eat breakfast in Club Class is on disembarkation day when the suite breakfast is usually closed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for this post.

Hope the OP doesn’t object to me also asking some suite questions.

We have booked two Penthouse aft suites for our first Princess cruise.

We sail in 27 days.

I have read the perks however cannot see how priority embarkation could work along side terminal testing. Happy to queue.

Our TA has no experience of Princess. Half term staycations are after all a new thing.

We have a few requests and questions.

As suites have a steward (usually have a butler )  will  they sort out our onboard requests ? One of us needs extra pillows to sleep more upright . Usually have cans of soda in the fridge. We know these are not included in the drinks package how can this be sorted? We are not spirit drinkers can we arrange a different bar set up. Or should we go to guest services to make requests.

How does afternoon tea work? The Butler usually arranges a time if this is required.

How does the concierge lounge work? Can our drinks packages be used in here or do we pay separately?

What about towels? These are usually exchanged in the evening after we have gone to dinner. Usually asked to leave on bathroom floor if exchange is required however I believe Stewards only come in once a day due to COVID rules. Should we just ask for extra and keep a stock. 

Any tips happily accepted. Don’t want to appear rude by asking the wrong person for assistance 

thanks

2 hours ago, welshfamily said:

Thank you for this post.

Hope the OP doesn’t object to me also asking some suite questions.

We have booked two Penthouse aft suites for our first Princess cruise.

We sail in 27 days.

I have read the perks however cannot see how priority embarkation could work along side terminal testing. Happy to queue.

Our TA has no experience of Princess. Half term staycations are after all a new thing.

We have a few requests and questions.

As suites have a steward (usually have a butler )  will  they sort out our onboard requests ? One of us needs extra pillows to sleep more upright .

Just ask the cabin steward for extra pillows, towels or whatever non food & drink supplies you require. Room service handles food & drink.

Usually have cans of soda in the fridge. We know these are not included in the drinks package how can this be sorted? We are not spirit drinkers can we arrange a different bar set up. Or should we go to guest services to make requests.

You will receive a mini bar set up in each cabin, a total of 20 items. The set up contains 8 x 50ml spirits (2 gin, 2 scotch, 2 vodka, 2 brandy), 2 beers, 6 cans of soda (usually 2 Coke, 2 Diet Coke, 2 Sprite), 2 cans club soda or Perrier, 2 water. You can exchange alcoholic beverages for other alcoholic beverages or for non-alcoholic beverages. Non alcoholic beverages can be exchanged for other non alcoholic beverages. You call room service to make the exchange. Sodas are Coke products, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite. If you say wanted all Diet Coke you can exchange for 20 cans by calling room service. You can also carry on, not in packed luggage, up to 12 cans of soda or other non-alcoholic beverages per person. Carry on beverages must be in cans or cartons, no bottles. 

How does afternoon tea work? The Butler usually arranges a time if this is required

Afternoon tea can be served in your cabin by room service. You can also show up at the DR where it is also served. Check the Princess Patter for the time. During Covid you may require a reservation for this. If so make reservations on the app, your cabin TV or the concierge can assist you.

How does the concierge lounge work? Can our drinks packages be used in here or do we pay separately?

I read that on the Sky Princes, if that is your ship, there are free drinks in the concierge lounge between 5 & 7pm. I would think the drink package works there also, but have no 1st hand experience.

What about towels? These are usually exchanged in the evening after we have gone to dinner. Usually asked to leave on bathroom floor if exchange is required however I believe Stewards only come in once a day due to COVID rules. Should we just ask for extra and keep a stock.

If you wish a turn down service just ask the steward. 

Any tips happily accepted. Don’t want to appear rude by asking the wrong person for assistance 

thanks

See above

• Like 1

We had an aft suite on Sky. 

Bar set up is

2 whisky

2 gin

2 vodka 

2 brandy

2 beer

2 sparkling water

2 still water

2 tonic

2 coke 

2 lemonade 

Call room service on arrival and they will switch these out to your choice. 

Alcohol switched for alcohol and soft for soft. 

We end up with 4 vodka, 4 whisky, loads of coke, lemonade and still water as we don't like the others. 

Call the dining line on arrival too book your free speciality dining for the first night.  

Steward comes in twice a day and click the service my room on the lit up part outside your room, same for privacy.  

We left towels in Bath if wanted them changed. 

Extra/different pillows can be sorted out by phoning housekeeping. 

Canapés aren't automatic except formal nights.   You need to complete a form every night and leave it for the steward. 

Laundry/dry cleaning can be left on the bed and the steward will take it and return when done - usually a couple of days turnaround. 

Pool towels and blankets are in the room.  The steward put out towels on the sunbed every day. 

If you do t like orange juice, you can have the breakfast mimosa neat 😉

Edited by Lynnewob
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, bagney said:

I had the same issue as the OP however I learned here on CC that if you follow through to the actual payment page in the MC app it showed what I owed as $0 however that was several months ago. In fact I was able to book both my 'suite' perk specialty dining and my free specialty dining from the booking special Princess had a couple months ago - both for $0. Just my 2 cents!

Brian

I saw that post & tried it...and got charged. 😝

After I cancelled, it took a week (or more) to get the credit posted to my credit card.

As with all things Princess YMMV.

16 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I saw that post & tried it...and got charged. 😝

After I cancelled, it took a week (or more) to get the credit posted to my credit card.

As with all things Princess YMMV.

I only continued/completed the transaction when I saw the $0 charge - I would have cancelled the transaction if there was not a $0 balance. Prior to this when I attempted to make a reservation/booking for specialty dining there was always a charge so I cancelled every time.

5 hours ago, Lynnewob said:

We had an aft suite on Sky. 

.l . .

Call room service on arrival and they will switch these out to your choice. 

Alcohol switched for alcohol and soft for soft. 

. . .

Laundry/dry cleaning can be left on the bed and the steward will take it and return when done - usually a couple of days turnaround. 

You can also get soft drinks as replacements for the alcohol.

. . .

Laundry usually has a one-day turnaround in a suite. The free laundry for Elites takes longer - sometimes several days if there any many Elites on the cruise.

If they pick up the laundry early enough in the morning, you should get it back the same day. However, if you leave it on the bed for the steward to pick up, he may not get it there early enough for the same-day service.

I usually leave my laundry on the bed for the steward to pick up when doing evening turn-down service where I'm at dinner. Then I almost always get it back the next day. I do this because we normally bathe and change clothes before dinner, so all of the laundry is ready then.

The suite concierge made our specialty dining reservation on the Majestic Princess earlier this month. There was no availability for the Crown Grill on the first night, so he made the reservation for a different night and loaded credit onto my folio to cover the charge. I did not attempt to make this reservation in the app.

I can confirm that the drinks package covers beverages in the concierge lounge outside of the happy hour (which are included).

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, welshfamily said:

The default is now just morning service, but you can request evening turn-down service as well. I was trying to get my cabin steward to come in the evening only last month. He ended up coming both in the morning and evening each day. There's also a way to request evening turn-down service through the TV, either for just that night or the entire cruise.

• Like 1

Thank you for all your replies .

What does evening turn down consist of?

Use to having curtains drawn, bed covers folded back, chocolates and any snacks  delivered. Husband always drinks milk before retiring. Usually have milk in fridge. Butler  often leaves cookies. Laundry / dry cleaning etc collected and tomorrow’s leaflets.

Quite capable of doing all this ourselves. 
Have  no desire to be demanding just trying to figure out Princess’s “ways”

looking forward to a new experience.
Believe entertainment has won many awards.

3 hours ago, welshfamily said:

Comments in bold below.

Use to having curtains drawn, bed covers folded back, chocolates and any snacks delivered.

Curtains drawn, turn down, towels replaced, trash removed, in the past chocolates. 

Husband always drinks milk before retiring. Usually have milk in fridge. Butler  often leaves cookies.

Milk, cookies, call room service. Milk might normally come in a pitcher. If you want small cartons ask if they have them. If you pass by the International Cafe or buffet on the way to your cabin anytime in the afternoon or evening you can pick up as many cookies as you like. Concierge Lounge (Royal Class ships) probably also has a supply of cookies.

Laundry / dry cleaning etc collected

You can place laundry in the evening and the cabin steward will handle it. We normally leave it in the morning before we leave the cabin.  

and tomorrow’s leaflets.

Yes you will receive the Princess Patter. Information also on the TV or your device.

Quite capable of doing all this ourselves. 
Have  no desire to be demanding just trying to figure out Princess’s “ways”

looking forward to a new experience.
Believe entertainment has won many awards.

Encore is one of the best. Have seen it a number of times. If it is on your ship suggest you attend. 

Se comments in bold in the text above.

31 minutes ago, skynight said:

RE: cookies in comment post #22.

If you like Peanut Butter cookies...they are not on display in the buffet or International Cafe (allergy precaution). Just ask the server and will likely receive a whole plate full (takes about 10-15 minutes, they have to bake them fresh 😋). Mmmm, warm PB cookies.

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, welshfamily said:

On my cruise last month, the evening turn down service consisted of the cabin steward fixing the bed for the night--removing the throw pillows. He would also empty the trash cans and pick up any used dishes. I never left used towels for him to change in the evening. 

On the subject of first night specialty dining, here's our experience.  

First, if you absolutely want to do this on the first night, by all means wait until you board and call the dine line or stop by the venue to make a booking.  Believe me, you'll be accommodated.  

Second, while this is advertised as a "first night" perk.  For a myriad of reasons we prefer MDR on night one.  In every instance, whenever we dined at Crown Grill (for example) the first time, the cover was waived.  I've seen reports that this hasn't worked for a small handful, but on most ships, and in my experience, on every occasion we've done so with not so much as a raised eyebrow. A brief word with the Maitre'd when you arrive a CG or Sabatini's is all it takes.

By the way, the best Suite perk is the Suite Breakfast.  Not to be missed.  Very special, you'll be well pampered.  No reasonable request will be denied.  DW loves a chocolate croissant, even when they are not on the pastry tray.  After a single request, they appear every day like magic.

• Like 1