38 DAYS OUT & NO CHECK IN?

elaineb

31 minutes ago, elaineb said:

Has anyone experienced this?  Starting to get worried now that we might be cancelled.  Reflection Nov 6th.

We were not able to check in until about 19 days before our U.K. cruise in September. It may be their IT is just a bit behind. 

I'm getting more irritated than worried Elaine! 😄

There are recent posts on Instagram from some of the entertainment staff who are recently onboard.   Hopefully that means something.

Anyone know about the other ships restarting? When was the SHORTEST check-in opening to sailing?

8 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Have you tried reaching out to X about this?

If so, what have they said?

bon voyage

~3 weeks ago, they told me "check back closer to 45 days"

Edited by D C
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Have a feeling its same issue with my Nov 22 Constellation, the ports might be changing but they are still trying to get agreements with the different stops.  I think the Ref you have 3 ports might change, Grand Cayman for sure.  I dont think Jamaica is allowing cruises yet(that might have changed_ and who knows on Key West.   I have GC and Key West on mine as being unknown at this point.  

4 hours ago, elaineb said:

Has anyone experienced this?  Starting to get worried now that we might be cancelled.  Reflection Nov 6th.

We are on the same sailing.  I was told that the check in would be 30 days prior to sailing.  So we have 8 days to go before we can do online check in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, curtsfan said:

We are on the same sailing.  I was told that the check in would be 30 days prior to sailing.  So we have 8 days to go before we can do online check in.

You were told by who, and when were you told? Last I heard from X was 45 days, about 3 wks ago. 

1 hour ago, D C said:

You were told by who, and when were you told? Last I heard from X was 45 days, about 3 wks ago. 

I heard (from X) that, if booked under a group fare for Reflection and Constellations early cruises, the group data wouldn't be being pushed to the system until 30 days out.  So for all of us in one of those two boats (literally), no check in until then.  This was as of Monday.

Edited by canderson
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, D C said:

I was told by the agent that booked our cruise. We booked through Celebrity.  And I spoke to her on Monday if this week. 

27 minutes ago, canderson said:

I heard (from X) that, if booked under a group fare for Reflection and Constellations early cruises, the group data wouldn't be being pushed to the system until 30 days out.  So for all of us in one of those two boats (literally), no check in until then.  This was as of Monday.

8 minutes ago, curtsfan said:

I was told by the agent that booked our cruise. We booked through Celebrity.  And I spoke to her on Monday if this week. 

Thanks! 

Good info! 

18 hours ago, lahoban said:

Can someone tell me what happens if they cancel our Reflection sailing on November 6th? Will they let us change to a different ship? The Edge leaves on the November 7th.

The Edge leaves on the 6th.

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Reflection pax can/should relax.  As noted in another thread, the Cruise Director is boarding soon.  Doubt if he's there to entertain the crew.

I found the instagram post, but couldn't find any timeframe, or anything other than the post on CC with Reflection highlighted.

On 9/29/2021 at 6:54 PM, lahoban said:

Can someone tell me what happens if they cancel our Reflection sailing on November 6th? Will they let us change to a different ship? The Edge leaves on the November 7th.

i would imagine the depends upon whether there are cabins available.

We did check-in for a November 19th cruise a few weeks ago, but now on the app when I select "Check in" it says they're "getting things ready." I wanted to upload our vaccination cards, which was not part of our original check-in procedure. Also, on the website it says our customer information has been completed but it not longer says anything about being checked in. Previously, it said we were checked in and we just had to do our health survey before we board. 

Yes, it seems crazy that the passenger/customers are kept in the dark. After all, you the customer put down your serious cash for a cruise on Celebrity. I'm in the same boat with you, so I understand how you feel. 

I sailed on the Millennium a few weeks ago. One of the best presentations was by the head of food services and the restaurants. He explained the struggle with the supply chain. Organizing huge orders. 18 months into the pandemic, many of the supply business's that would support a sailing... are gone. 

They are coming back. Celebrity and RCCL are busting their humps to get supply chain back to normal.

The good news, I'm scheduled to sail on the Constellation's first trip in November. I'm confident Celebrity will make this happen. It is essential to their bottom line and note holders. 

Another factor is crew. The crew is held in two weeks quarantine ashore and then an additional two weeks once they arrive on the ship. Sounds like they are gearing up the Constellation on schedule. We will sail away.

The two biggest failures I see, is the lack of communication to us, the customers. And the complete disaster that is owned by the Celebrity IT department. Shameful! 

As my favorite common sense poster Bo says, Bon Voyage.