Anthem or Liberty

pmc101

Anthem is an INCREDIBLE ship. One of my favs. Hands down I would select Anthem over the Liberty. I'm actually on the Liberty for Christmas only because it's 4.5 hours from home and flights around Christmas are crazy stupid. If I was in New Brunswick, flying to TX to board the Liberty wouldn't even cross my mind. Everything about the Anthem is better than the Liberty. Ship design alone - 270, nothing like it on the Liberty. The YMCA (that's what we call SeaPlex) is incredible...trapeze, roller skating, bumper cars, quiet dance party and video games up stairs. We love the SeaPlex. Anthem is a pretty ship. I believe the design concept was executed perfectly. O and the two story Music Hall. Great for dancing and partying, a game of pool. We enjoy that venue as well.

I would love it if they would swap ships! LOL!

Edited by cynt

I think your decision revolves around so many other factors. First of all cost. You didn't mention how you're getting to either of those cruiseports. Second is what are you looking for on your cruise vacation? The ports are totally different. Leaving from NJ it's basically a Florida and Bahamas vacation. Leaving from Texas it's a Mexico vacation.  You need to give us MUCH MORE information for people to give you honest, useable opinions. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Anthem, and I live in texas lol

Assuming prices are the same. We dont know the factors. 

The problem with the Anthem are the ports, they suck. I've been on the Anthem four times and will be on her again for this year's Christmas cruise. The best Anthem cruise was when it went to Canada and New England. Otherwise CocoCay is the only worthwhile port. On the Dec 24th cruise we're in Port Canaveral on Sunday, Dec. 26th, 1-9pm. What can you do with those hours? All the car rental places close at 4:00pm unless you return after hours and leave the car unattended. No way.  

So as you can see I love the ship, and when she does the Florida & Bahamas route I literally don't get off the ship. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

The problem with the Anthem are the ports, they suck. I've been on the Anthem four times and will be on her again for this year's Christmas cruise. The best Anthem cruise was when it went to Canada and New England. Otherwise CocoCay is the only worthwhile port. On the Dec 24th cruise we're in Port Canaveral on Sunday, Dec. 26th, 1-9pm. What can you do with those hours? All the car rental places close at 4:00pm unless you return after hours and leave the car unattended. No way.  

So as you can see I love the ship, and when she does the Florida & Bahamas route I literally don't get off the ship. 

Oh I forgot I did the Anthem to Bermuda and that was great!

Are you able to drive to Cape Liberty from New Brunswick?    If yes, then I would definitely hop onto the Anthem and avoid having to fly to Houston, TX to get on the Liberty.    

there is still concern on whether or not Anthem will be sailing on November 7th as she is still in the UK and is scheduled to be there until Oct 30th and we all wonder whether she will need to do a test cruise with CDC before she can do a revenue sailing in the US.     Knowing this info I would book for 11.14 or after

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are you able to drive to Cape Liberty from New Brunswick?    If yes, then I would definitely hop onto the Anthem and avoid having to fly to Houston, TX to get on the Liberty.    

there is still concern on whether or not Anthem will be sailing on November 7th as she is still in the UK and is scheduled to be there until Oct 30th and we all wonder whether she will need to do a test cruise with CDC before she can do a revenue sailing in the US.     Knowing this info I would book for 11.14 or after

My daughter and I are on the November 7th sailing of Anthem.  If they canceled now, you’d have a lot of disappointed cruisers as check in has already happened. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pmc101 said:

I can't decide on Anthem (Cape Liberty) or Liberty (Galveston) for a November cruise. Any pros or cons for either of these ports/ship.

Galveston is one of my favorite US cities.I was there in 2 November’s and it was hot enough to wear shorts.If you have time pre cruise I would suggest the Kemah Boardwalk Inn and the city of Kemah.

The Anthem is one of my favorite ships and Cape Liberty is a great place to board a ship.

Just to chime in, have sailed on both, enjoyed both, but Anthem is more state of the art. We're booked on the Dec. 31 cruise out of Bayonne -- taking our college-age kids. While port choice was a factor (we can drive to NYC), we really thought Anthem was a more interesting ship, with cooler options and more up to date cabins.

• Like 1

Liberty was always one of my favorite ships in the RC fleet and I always recommended her.....that is, up until this past week.  I just got off Ovation, which was my first cruise on Quantum Class.  It was amazing.  Go Anthem!