"Always included" - false advertising?

ak1004

Just now, davekathy said:

Not my experience at all. Whether booking over the phone or with an agent at the Future Cruise desk while onboard. At least you have a recourse for action if something isn't correct booking over the phone v someone said blah, blah, blah on CC when it turns out to be incorrect. :classic_rolleyes:

When you get the invoice or booking confirmation then you know what you get.  So if an agent says something wrong you can correct it.

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not my experience at all. Whether booking over the phone or with an agent at the Future Cruise desk while onboard. At least you have a recourse for action if something isn't correct booking over the phone v someone said blah, blah, blah on CC when it turns out to be incorrect. :classic_rolleyes:

Same here.  When I am searching for the cruise I want, I have my trusty notepad and pen on the desk.  I write down ALL of the particulars for the cruise, suite, perks, insurance and the cost of each as shown in the booking (almost booking).  Then I call Celebrity, always get a very helpful rep on the phone, we review what I have and what they show, voila.  Once that is done, they send me an email confirmation, we stay on the line, I review and double voila.  Never had a problem doing it this way.  YMMV

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

When you get the invoice or booking confirmation then you know what you get.  So if an agent says something wrong you can correct it.

No kidding! Since @Froufiewas booking on line and had questions/concerns is why I suggested/recommended calling Celebrity and book over the phone with a live agent instead of asking on CC and possibly getting multiple answers. I like my way a lot better. I'm not saying some here on CC don't share excellent advise.

On 10/7/2021 at 4:13 AM, the penguins said:

Allowing for tips AI pricing adds $100 per person per day to cover drinks and WiFi to the basic price. Figures are from Celebrity which gives you the breakdown when you cancel a booking that included AI. In comparison if you book a simply sail price ( very limited and guarantee cabins) Celebrity discounts the price by around $25 per person per day giving them a profit of $75. Solo passengers pay for 2 lots of tips, 2 internet packages and 2 drinks packages.

My vote goes for a fair system of  basic including tips everything else optional.

Just (again) did a mock booking, Beyond, TA, Oct 2022.  GTY Suite, only thing I included was insurance, total cost for 2 pax, $11,971.  Also compared that to an S3, with AI and insurance, total cost for 2 pax, $13,555.  According to my big number abacus, that is $132/day more or $66/day/pp.  IMO a very good deal.  YMMV

Edited by LGW59
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

You guys have me worried. I booked this morning and chose the option that said drinks wifi and tips included. But when my reservation came it doesn't say thT and now im worried. I got my friends.to book as well

When your reservation came..  do you mean you got a confirmation from Celebrity?  There are some specific codes for all inclusive.  Tell us what you *do* see.

23 minutes ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

You guys have me worried. I booked this morning and chose the option that said drinks wifi and tips included. But when my reservation came it doesn't say thT and now im worried. I got my friends.to book as well

Check my response in the other thread you started.  You are fine.

19 minutes ago, zitsky said:

When your reservation came..  do you mean you got a confirmation from Celebrity?  There are some specific codes for all inclusive.  Tell us what you *do* see.

Its an email that says they got my reservation and then it says the date cabin number, dinner time etc. There is no invoice attached

30 minutes ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

Your Celebrity invoice should have a line item, "ALWAYS INC, NRD"?

2 minutes ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

Its an email that says they got my reservation and then it says the date cabin number, dinner time etc. There is no invoice attached

Check to see if the email has an attachment called, Guest Copy. If not call Celebrity and request the guest copy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

After I click on Guest Copy, it's then called Booking Confirmation-Guest Copy.  

Mine is called prepared ahead of time, call celebrity, get it all verified while on the phone, confirm booking confirmation email , say thank you, then look forward to the cruise, well possibly maybe…

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Mine is called prepared ahead of time, call celebrity, get it all verified while on the phone, confirm booking confirmation email , say thank you, then look forward to the cruise, well possibly maybe…

Celebrity can call it whatever they want, as long as it's all correct. 😉

2 hours ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

It might have something hard to read like a bunch of code.  We can translate for you.

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

After I click on Guest Copy, it's then called Booking Confirmation-Guest Copy.  

@davekathy are you getting yours from celebrity.com or from a PDF?  What are you "clicking" on?  Mine is a PDF from my TA.

Edited by zitsky

18 minutes ago, zitsky said:

@davekathy are you getting yours from celebrity.com or from a PDF?  What are you "clicking" on?  Mine is a PDF from my TA.

My current TA lists all of the perks from them and Celebrity on their PDF confirmation.  You should be able to request your TA send you a copy of the Celebrity guest copy.  Mine does when i ask.

I USED to use a huge online TA who's invoices never included the perks on it. They also charged a cancellation fee for their agency.   I haven't used them for many years.  I never trusted them after they stuck my credit card for a cancellation fee four months AFTER the insurance paid and closed out the claim. Otherwise I could have been reimbursed. My current TA does not charge cancellation fees.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

1 minute ago, ChucktownSteve said:

My current TA lists all of the perks from them and Celebrity on their PDF confirmation.  You should be able to request your TA send you a copy of the Celebrity guest copy.  Mine does when i ask.

I USED to use a huge online TA who's invoices never included the perks on it. They also charged a cancellation fee for their agency.   I haven't used them for many years.  I never trusted them after they stuck my credit card for a cancellation fee four months AFTER the insurance paid and closed out the claim. Otherwise I could have been reimbursed.

I'm holding a copy Steve thanks.  I want to know what website Dave is clicking on to get his copy.  Mine comes from a TA not a website.

19 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'm holding a copy Steve thanks.  I want to know what website Dave is clicking on to get his copy.  Mine comes from a TA not a website.

I've never seen where Celebrity lets you click on their website to obtain your guest copy.  I suggest what Dave may have been clicking on was his email attachment of the confirmation.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I've never seen where Celebrity lets you click on their website to obtain your guest copy.  I suggest what Dave may have been clicking on was his email attachment of the confirmation.

Maybe so.  I didn't think this was available on the website, but I haven't used it that long.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Mine is from Celebrity (who I booked the cruise withy over the phone). My email  attachment (not Celebrity's website) from Celebrity is ,"Guest Copy.pdf(111 KB). I click on that to view my booking. Three pages. All my direct Celebrity bookings have been this way. 

@ChucktownSteveis correct. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1